00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Herozaitama just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Winter is nice for sleeping

458 Views | 14 Replies

Winter is nice for sleeping 2014-11-14 23:24:39

Anyone else find it easier to get to sleep during the colder months? I have a nice electric blanket I like to use.

derp

Response to Winter is nice for sleeping 2014-11-14 23:26:37

I think so too. I get too hot in the summer months and it takes me longer to fall asleep. But in the winter months I just bundle up and the warmth combined with the softness of the sheets makes me very comfortable.

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to Winter is nice for sleeping 2014-11-14 23:47:38

Yes. Winter is usually associated with introversion, and I usually find myself in a more relaxed state than during the Spring and Summer.

BBS Signature

Response to Winter is nice for sleeping 2014-11-15 00:16:13

it's too cold to do much anything else, that can be said.

Response to Winter is nice for sleeping 2014-11-15 00:44:26

Winter is nice for getting out of school on snow days too so you can sleep in some more.

Winter is best season.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Winter is nice for sleeping 2014-11-15 00:48:03

At 11/14/14 11:26 PM, KillerSkull wrote: I think so too. I get too hot in the summer months and it takes me longer to fall asleep. But in the winter months I just bundle up and the warmth combined with the softness of the sheets makes me very comfortable.

Pretty much this. I also tend to feel a lot more tired when it's cold. I think there's a scientific reason for that, but I dunno.

Response to Winter is nice for sleeping 2014-11-15 00:54:01

100% agree about the sleeping thing. There's something about being cozy and warm in the inside of your house when it's chilly outside. It's perfect for sleeping.

Also, Winter is nice because you don't feel like a big loser for being inside all of the time because it's freezing outside.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

At 11/14/14 11:24 PM, PriusRepellent wrote: Anyone else find it easier to get to sleep during the colder months? I have a nice electric blanket I like to use.

I find it generally easier to do anything in the winter.

In summer, if it's too hot, you really can't do much about it, but in winter all you need to do is wear more layers.

heating and cooling have made indoor temperatures less relevant, but longer nights help with sleeping in winter too.

It's also more comfortable to lay in bed under a thick blanket in winter. I actually use an old military surplus, Korean war era wool blanket. It's old as fuck, but it's warm as hell.

Response to Winter is nice for sleeping 2014-11-15 00:58:31

I get nasal congestion which fucks with me sometimes but if I'm tired enough it doesn't make a difference.

~Sweet memories of us I do recall~

~Dear angel please come back before I fall~

BBS Signature

Response to Winter is nice for sleeping 2014-11-15 02:57:04

I love winters and love to sleep all day. I love being lazy in winters.

Response to Winter is nice for sleeping 2014-11-15 04:53:44

At 11/14/14 11:24 PM, PriusRepellent wrote: Anyone else find it easier to get to sleep during the colder months? I have a nice electric blanket I like to use.

Yeah, the colder and darker months make me feel like I could go into hibernation. -_-

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Winter is nice for sleeping 2014-11-15 05:32:15

Rain, winter, clouds-- that's the weather I like. Gets all cold and nice.
Perfect sleeping weather.

Sleeping in's a thing I haven't done in a long time.

Response to Winter is nice for sleeping 2014-11-15 06:42:18

Why yes, yes indeed!

It's always hot in the summer, every time I came home from school I would go to bed and wake up sweating.
=/

Response to Winter is nice for sleeping 2014-11-15 13:39:28

At 11/15/14 05:12 AM, Cordyceps wrote:
At 11/15/14 12:44 AM, TailsPrower wrote: snow days
That's something I never got growing up. If four feet of snow dumped on the road overnight, everyone would still be at school. And it happened a lot.

Where did you grow up, Korea? D:

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Winter is nice for sleeping 2014-11-15 13:55:25

I sleep moderately well in the Winter, but I think the Fall is the best time of year for me to sleep.

Those who do not learn from the mistakes of their past are doomed to repeat them.