00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RIOTxANON06 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Zombie Weapons Guide

2,115 Views | 31 Replies

Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-01 19:38:51

Alright guys, we're all worried about the zombie hordes brain-eating everything that moves. They're in movies, books, TV shows, videos, pictures, jokes, it's as if most of our world revolves around zombies. BREAKING NEWS, ZOMBIES ARE MORE DANGEROUS THAN EBOLA! Uhm, duh. But anyways, as you all know, if you want to survive, you need the right stuff. Weapons, ammo, food, teammates, shelter, coffee (The zombies won't wait while you sleep), and anything else you can think of, all while staying lightweight. But this forum's focus is the weapons, or more specifically the guns. As everyone knows, the BEST survivors are the ones with the most versatile weaponry. So my challenge is to come up with THREE guns, and ONE blade (Unless it's like dual daggers or something) for YOUR Anti-Zombie loadout. Your guns will consist of the following: one pistol or small SMG, one larger automatic weapon (Large SMG, assault rifle, LMG, other MG, etc.), and one shotgun/ sniper rifle. List your 3 guns and blade below, and explain your choices. Weapons must be shown by FULL NAME. S&W turns into Smith and Wesson. MG turns into machine gun. Knife... Stays as knife. Also, EXPLAIN all your reason for each weapon. All 4 of them. The person with the best loadout wins a cookie.

The Heroes of the Realm Unite

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-01 19:46:07

At 11/1/14 07:41 PM, Cordyceps wrote: Zombies are so 2012.

Skeletons are in, get with the times.

Not my point. Also I posted the forum five minutes ago O.o

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-01 19:52:49

At 11/1/14 07:49 PM, Cordyceps wrote:
At 11/1/14 07:46 PM, Meowerdoom wrote:

Not my point. Also I posted the forum five minutes ago O.o
You're preparing for the zombie apocalypse but you'll be blindsided by the skeleton uprising.

I forgot to mention: my glove has a falcon punch setting. I also heard ribs make good swords, and legs make excellent clubs... Skeletons burn in the sun too. At least in Minecraft there's a mod for zombies that don't burn.

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-01 20:00:47

At 11/1/14 07:54 PM, Sekhem wrote:
At 11/1/14 07:52 PM, Meowerdoom wrote: Skeletons burn in the sun too. At least in Minecraft there's a mod for zombies that don't burn.
this isn't minecraft

this is real life

the skeletons are coming

Lol a BB gun can kill a skeleton by knocking the head off. You can tear them limb for limb easier than Styrofoam. A good solid kick to any part of a skeleton will send bones flying. A hard boot can crush skulls to powder. You can score a homer with a skull. Vikings used skulls as cups. For apple juice. Also a skeleton should just fall apart without a body keeping it together.

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-01 20:43:14

At 11/1/14 08:03 PM, Sekhem wrote:
At 11/1/14 08:00 PM, Meowerdoom wrote: Lol a BB gun can kill a skeleton by knocking the head off. You can tear them limb for limb easier than Styrofoam. A good solid kick to any part of a skeleton will send bones flying. A hard boot can crush skulls to powder. You can score a homer with a skull. Vikings used skulls as cups. For apple juice. Also a skeleton should just fall apart without a body keeping it together.
i see you're trying to minimize the threat so that your mind can cope with it

don't worry

they will be here soon

The Zerg will be here faster! JUST PICK YOUR FRIGGEN ZOMBIE/SKELETON/ZERG/YOURMOM LOADOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-01 20:48:42

At 11/1/14 08:43 PM, Meowerdoom wrote: The Zerg will be here faster! JUST PICK YOUR FRIGGEN ZOMBIE/SKELETON/ZERG/YOURMOM LOADOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zombie Weapons Guide

~Sweet memories of us I do recall~

~Dear angel please come back before I fall~

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-01 20:50:35

At 11/1/14 08:48 PM, CresIsis wrote:
At 11/1/14 08:43 PM, Meowerdoom wrote: The Zerg will be here faster! JUST PICK YOUR FRIGGEN ZOMBIE/SKELETON/ZERG/YOURMOM LOADOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wut. Du. Fuq.

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-01 21:04:13

For a knife I'd use a machete, for I'm trying to get back to my hispanic ancestry.

One of the guns I'd use is a bee-shooter, which involves using drugged-out bees as ammo.

Another gun I'd use is a rocket launcher, because I love a good explosion.

I'll also will be wearing a bomb-proof mech suit that's full of various other weapons.

And as a bonus I'll use a crowbar, for you can't be a true badass without one.

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-01 21:31:37

I've done a lot of research into zombies (have been since the zombie survival crew was still almost active) but that all means nothing because I've always looked at it from a UK point of view - which is blown out of perspective by guns.

In terms of weaponry, I'd pick some kind of revolver. I don't know enough about them but it'd be single action and as reliable as possible. Revolvers have the advantage of not requiring a magazine - which is something necessary for me because I often lose things like that. This would also make it so that every magazine I find would simply be profit from trade. I'd also choose one that fire .357 magnum ammo as I've heard that they also fire .38 special but I'd get one that can shoot 9mm rounds because I actually have a chance of finding those - even if only in an airport.

My second weapon would be the Ishapore 2A1. A fast firing bolt action rifle that's certainly powerful enough to destroy a zombie. I'm a big fan of the Enfield bolt system and I don't know why it isn't used more often. With enough practice you can fire about 20 aimed rounds a minute with it. Plus the bolt action system would encourage me to conserve ammunition more frequently. I'd actually consider buying this or a Lee-Enfield but I don't know if "I want to break the mad minute world record" is a valid reason for a firearm certificate. The ishapore also uses military rounds so if I manage to end up in a military base then I'll have much more ammo.

If that's not allowed because it doesn't fit into your categories then I'd probably just pick the MP5. It's my favourite SMG in every game it's in (you may say that this isn't a valid reason but I don't have experience with guns at all so this and reading up on things are the best I've got) and I've seen them in airports so there is a small possibility that I'll be able to find ammo for it. I'd pick the AK-74 if it weren't impossible to find ammo for and I'd pick the sten, so that I could possibly reverse engineer it and produce them, but I don't have that kind of knowledge. The MP5 also has a semi-automatic function so I could use it like a rifle to conserve ammo.

My 3rd weapon is the highly controversial shotgun. It is very versatile and can be used in many situations. While my main plan actually uses a 12 gauge single-barrel break action shotgun - if given the choice I would go for a pump action shotgun. Because shotguns are actually legal in the UK (shotgun certificates are given out easier than firearms certificates) 12 gauge rounds will be the easiest to find. It has problems with noise but that's a big problem with guns as a whole. Supressed shotguns may be more common in the UK (one of the few uses of shotguns allowed in the UK is pest control which encourages the use of suppressors) but they tend to be .410 which isn't good enough to guarantee a hit on a zombie.

My blade would be a tomahawk. I wouldn't throw it and would use it as an axe/crow's beak. The tomahawk has the lowest blood splatter of any melee weapon I can find [proof] and it's additional use as a tool makes it very valuable to have in a zombie apocalypse. I'd use the cold steel spike hawk in this case due to the fact that I can just make a new handle if it breaks. The axe is a tool and the crows beak is the weapon. Blood splatter was the main reason that the ZSC banned the use of melee weapons as they're just too dangerous for the wielder to use. Tomahawks minimise this danger and are very good tools so they're the best melee weapon to use against zombies - in my opinion.

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-01 21:55:39 (edited 2014-11-01 22:01:21)

At 11/1/14 09:41 PM, Cordyceps wrote:
At 11/1/14 09:31 PM, aListers wrote: The tomahawk has the lowest blood splatter of any melee weapon I can find
Never heard of a club?

I have but that does require a significant amount of strength use properly - which is something I don't have. Also, if you hit a zombie too hard with a blunt object it does kind of explode - proof is here. Of course I don't have the strength to do that but I know many people who have been hit on the head with clubs and were still conscious enough to chase the attacker down the streets - which is enough to say that it's ineffective.

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-01 23:02:21

At 11/1/14 08:48 PM, CresIsis wrote:

Oh fuck, reaction image of the year

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-11 07:32:20

At 11/1/14 09:31 PM, aListers wrote:
My 3rd weapon is the highly controversial shotgun.

Highly controversial shotgun? Is that a name for the shotgun? Otherwise, please give a name for a shotgun.

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-11 07:33:43

At 11/1/14 09:04 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
One of the guns I'd use is a bee-shooter, which involves using drugged-out bees as ammo.

I'll also will be wearing a bomb-proof mech suit that's full of various other weapons.

Now where the fuck are you gonna get all this?

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-11 14:48:42

At 11/11/14 07:33 AM, Meowerdoom wrote:
At 11/1/14 09:04 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:

Now where the fuck are you gonna get all this?

I stole them from a military weapons depot that was infested with zombie soldiers. I also managed to steal a few tanks in the process. I can make a return trip, if you want.

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-11 15:28:42

The only zombie weapons guide you need is @Amaranthus.

RIGHT-TILTING PENTAGON GANG

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-11 16:07:42

At 11/11/14 03:28 PM, YenMuffin wrote: The only zombie weapons guide you need is @Amaranthus.

He was already zombified when I found him. So I smited him like any other zombie.

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-11 16:33:38

boo

Zombie Weapons Guide

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-11 16:37:25

You suckers who are all preparing for skeletons are gonna sucked by the strigoi. Remember, don't get any of their blood on you. worms.

Zombie Weapons Guide

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-11 17:20:56

At 11/11/14 04:37 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: You suckers who are all preparing for skeletons are gonna sucked by the strigoi. Remember, don't get any of their blood on you. worms.

Looks like aviewasked in the pic. Cool story, bro.

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-11 17:28:02

Oh, look, it's another "Zombie Apocalypse Preparation" thread.

I haven't seen a few hundred thousand of those before.

Better check it out for some new, well researched information.

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-11 17:30:08

At 11/11/14 05:20 PM, cga-999 wrote:
At 11/11/14 04:37 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: You suckers who are all preparing for skeletons are gonna sucked by the strigoi. Remember, don't get any of their blood on you. worms.

Don't say I didn't warn you when your junk falls off and your butt turns into a cloaka.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-11 17:31:53

At 11/11/14 05:30 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 11/11/14 05:20 PM, cga-999 wrote:
Don't say I didn't warn you when your junk falls off and your butt turns into a cloaka.

Don't say I didn't warn you when this happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-11 17:34:55

I'm gonna call them Skellies.
#TheSkelliesAreA'Comin

"Codswallop in my opinion." - Hagrid

"I trust no one but my ham sandwich." - SNAPCRACKLEANDPOP2

Never say no to Panda.

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-11 18:58:57

Why are you guys worried about an army of Skeltons anyway? That doesn't sound scary. That sounds delightful.

Zombie Weapons Guide

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-11 19:22:55

Guns are useless against zombie hoards. Please, watch The Walking Dead series or read the comics.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-11 20:18:37

At 11/11/14 07:32 AM, Meowerdoom wrote:
At 11/1/14 09:31 PM, aListers wrote:
My 3rd weapon is the highly controversial shotgun.
Highly controversial shotgun? Is that a name for the shotgun? Otherwise, please give a name for a shotgun.

A Mossberg 500 should do - it seems simple enough. I thought I put that in.

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-11 23:23:19

At 11/1/14 07:38 PM, Meowerdoom wrote: Alright guys, we're all worried about the zombie hordes brain-eating everything that moves. They're in movies, books, TV shows, videos, pictures, jokes, it's as if most of our world revolves around zombies. BREAKING NEWS, ZOMBIES ARE MORE DANGEROUS THAN EBOLA! Uhm, duh.

-ah screw it (too much words). Bottomless magazine and Invulnerability enabled. Minigun collected

Time to bust a move and get it started. Time's wastin'.

-Mace 2.0

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-12 08:05:56

I'm tired of all this shitty zombie apocalypse hype.
It's never gonna happen.

Fucking kids.

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-12 14:00:31

At 11/1/14 07:38 PM, Meowerdoom wrote: Alright guys, we're all worried about the zombie hordes brain-eating everything that moves.

I'm not cause that shit is never going to happen.

So my challenge is to come up with THREE guns, and ONE blade (Unless it's like dual daggers or something) for YOUR Anti-Zombie loadout.

Gun 1 : M1911A1
Gun 2 : FAMAS Infanterie
Gun 3 : Kar98k
Blade : Machete
This shits never going to happen so whatever.

Your guns will consist of the following: one pistol or small SMG, one larger automatic weapon (Large SMG, assault rifle, LMG, other MG, etc.), and one shotgun/ sniper rifle. List your 3 guns and blade below, and explain your choices. Weapons must be shown by FULL NAME. S&W turns into Smith and Wesson. MG turns into machine gun. Knife... Stays as knife. Also, EXPLAIN all your reason for each weapon. All 4 of them. The person with the best loadout wins a cookie.

Thats too many guidelines. I'm out.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Zombie Weapons Guide 2014-11-13 15:44:18

At 11/11/14 05:32 PM, megamanlover123 wrote: A chain gun, for huge crowds, a shotgun, for the fat zombies, (trust me, fat zombies die quickly to shotguns,) and an AK-47 for the fast ones that go 10 miles per hour, and a combat knife for when those blokes get to close.

A chain gun is too heavy, plus ammo. If you somehow DO carry it, you will be slow as heck, and easy meat. Trust me, MG's are a pain in the ass to reload. Where will you get a chain gun? There are many types of chain guns, which one do you mean, which shotgun do you mean, and you need a small arm. There are a lot of different combat knives as well.

BBS Signature