00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mike181 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

how to use Launchpad mini in fl?

2,625 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

So i got hold of a cheap lp mini and i want to perform my tracks on it in fl. Ive got it hooked up and running but once i have enabled performance mode im not really sure what i do from there. I know i can arrange the clips to appear on my pad but how do i actually play them in the way the track would usually be played? i mean when i chucked some patterns in and press play know matter what i press it still triggers the track to play. I would consult a manual but there isnt one, and most youtube vids seem poorly explained.

When you're in performance mode, it's not enough that you just put clips into the varying trigger locations. You have to delete everything you have in the playlist after the trigger section otherwise it will still play the track as it was originally laid out.

Assuming you want to play everything, and not have any background tracks. Say if you wanted to keep the drum beat, while you play the rest of the song, you'd leave the drums there and move anything you wanted to trigger yourself to the trigger section.

See picture:

how to use Launchpad mini in fl?

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to how to use Launchpad mini in fl? 2014-10-30 07:11:30

Assuming you want to play everything, and not have any background tracks. Say if you wanted to keep the drum beat, while you play the rest of the song, you'd leave the drums there and move anything you wanted to trigger yourself to the trigger section.

Ah ok, sorted that out thanks. Does it matter how i lay out the patterns? i mean do they need to be in order of occurance or anything? And one other thing is if i want to play a lead line is there a way i can play the lead note for note, so that each pad is a different note within my lead sequence?

Response to how to use Launchpad mini in fl? 2014-10-30 15:04:22

At 10/30/14 07:11 AM, 8-bitheroes wrote: Ah ok, sorted that out thanks. Does it matter how i lay out the patterns? i mean do they need to be in order of occurance or anything? And one other thing is if i want to play a lead line is there a way i can play the lead note for note, so that each pad is a different note within my lead sequence?

How you lay them out is really up to you. Unless you plan on using a marching pattern for a track, the order can be pretty much any way you want it.

And yes, it is possible to play an instrument note for note, but I haven't used performance mode in FL Studio in forever, so I don't recall how. I usually use Ableton for live performances, as the launchpad is streamlined for use with it.

If I get a chance to look into it later, I'll come on back here and fill you in.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Instead of trying to explain it, I'm going to link you something that I made a lot of use of when I first got my launchpad. Very handy little guide for use with FL Studio.

I'm not sure how different a launchpad mini would be, but I imagine a lot of that will still be relevant.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to how to use Launchpad mini in fl? 2014-10-30 17:19:00

At 10/30/14 04:15 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Instead of trying to explain it, I'm going to link you something that I made a lot of use of when I first got my launchpad. Very handy little guide for use with FL Studio.

I'm not sure how different a launchpad mini would be, but I imagine a lot of that will still be relevant.

Thanks very much for the help man, I'll have a good read.