00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mishirozen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Favorite Paper Mario game

686 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Favorite Paper Mario game 2014-10-23 18:54:15

Title says it, mine is Paper Mario and the Thousand-Year Door. That seems to be one of the best original mario storylines in the mario games. It's also one of the best RPG's with a lot of fun mechanics.

Response to Favorite Paper Mario game 2014-10-24 17:16:14

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is my favorite. (Link to extended music)

Special mention to Super Paper Mario because of this.

Response to Favorite Paper Mario game 2014-10-26 01:25:16

First one seemed the best to me, but then again I'd play Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, any day before I played Paper Mario

Response to Favorite Paper Mario game 2014-10-26 07:45:40

I've always preferred the original Paper Mario to the others. It may not have the strongest story, but it got everything right. I can't really think of anything negative about it, which isn't something I can say about the other three games.

--The Worst Foe Lies Within the Self--

Response to Favorite Paper Mario game 2014-10-26 23:33:44

I'd say Super Paper Mario honestly but I'm getting a greater appreciation for The Thousand Year Door again playing it for my youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-lntF5YCBU

Response to Favorite Paper Mario game 2014-10-31 06:54:04

Thousand Year Door, tried going back to the N53 one while Jay played it and I commented over it but I just couldn't herlp but think of how much better it would be if he was playing Thousand Year Door. The Wii one was good too, but I much prefered the full RPG style and I never went back to replay the Wii one like I did with Thousand Year Door.

Also the new one is just plain shit.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Paper Mario game 2014-11-04 01:57:44

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is my choice.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Paper Mario game 2014-11-04 21:06:22

I never played Sticker Star...given what I have heard, is this the new "Mario Is Missing" of the franchise?

Thousand Year Door had the train section, the Duplighost turning townspeople into pigs, the Shadow Queen, arena, plenty of fourth-wall breaking gags, etc.

Super Paper had the platforming format, plot twists (the Romeo and Juliet-esque thing), music I found more memorable, etc.

I have to go with Super. Music was more memorable, especially in the Sammer Kingdom, its demise, the World of Nothing, and the River Twygz Bed. Dimentio had a bigger role than the Shadow Queen.

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.