00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cosoden just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Obnoxious Sports Fans

345 Views | 1 Reply

Obnoxious Sports Fans 2014-10-22 23:31:52

Do you think a lot of sports fans are obnoxious, especially during a major game season?

I like sports to a degree but I will say I rarely watch sports. Many people I know are like this too, but I'd say the majority of people where I live care or try to care about sports ,which is fine.

However, some take it too far. A few years ago, because the Giants won a game (live in Northern California, so practically all baseball fans like the Giants) a drunk goofball set off some really loud fireworks across the street from me. The fireworks set off a lot of car alarms, and my dad thought it was gunfire. When I went outside to see what was happening, it was a drunk guy in Giants clothing from head to toe screaming "WOOO GIANTS" while lighting up the fireworks. Thing is, while I like fireworks, most fireworks if not all are illegal in my city and he used some fireworks that were borderline dangerous. I don't believe the guy got arrested or cited for this.

That was just in my neighborhood. In San Francisco due to certain sports teams winning games, people have caused small riots in streets, with some burning empty buses, cars, breaking windows, and in one case, two crazed fanatics went into a car and attacked a person inside it for no reason. Mostly drunk young suburban kids doing this.

A man was stabbed to death not too far away from me all over sports rivalry on my birthday last year, and some people across the country have been beaten, stabbed, and shot because of sports, at sports stadiums nonetheless.

I just wonder why it is. It's really just a game at the end of the day, and I've read so much in the news and media about sports and sports culture that it's really getting kind of ou t of control.

Response to Obnoxious Sports Fans 2014-10-22 23:37:30

@ZJ

no hate

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature