00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MovementalStudio just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

FOX news and other media outlets

1,789 Views | 19 Replies

FOX news and other media outlets 2014-10-18 17:37:53

How come of all the news network stations FOX gets the most shit when the others like CNN, NBC or CBS arent any better than they are?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to FOX news and other media outlets 2014-10-18 20:35:38

At 10/18/14 06:23 PM, Lich wrote: The safest thing to do would be to take current news from several News Outlets, look into each papers commentor sections online (they usually form different opinions and even reveal some more juicy info) and then make a decision for yourself as to what to believe. Some of the more underground sites out there also leak out important info about current world affairs from time to time so it's quite handy just to browse on the random while waiting for processing tasks to finish in the background.

But this is the smart thing that only actual intelligent people do. Fox News viewers tend to *only* view Fox News and in fact purposely avoid other news sources as they view them as "biased" and Fox News as "fair and balanced". They're effectively brainwashed.

There is huge overlap between Fox News viewers and religious fundamentalist extremists, by the way. Whatever their church/cult leader tells them is what they instantly believe without question and they somehow think that person speaks for God, all other religions are evil, even unapproved variants of their own religion are evil, and pretty much almost anything is evil.

We're not talking about people who watch Fox News and also watch other news stations just as much. There have also been studies which showed Fox News viewers were actually less informed and held more incorrect beliefs on various world events than viewers of almost any other news media.

It works on fear tactics. People get old. They get scared. They turn to things like religion, which also tends to work on fear tactics. They end up in some crazy right-wing church. They stop acting like humans and start acting more like robot slaves while donating all their money and time to said church. They do and believe whatever their leader commands. There are incredibly strong ties from these kinds of churches to the Republican party that go all the way to the very top. Fox News is Republican party propaganda machine.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to FOX news and other media outlets 2014-10-18 21:09:28

Fox news is okay, but haters are gonna hate.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to FOX news and other media outlets 2014-10-18 21:10:58

At 10/18/14 08:47 PM, FurryGod wrote: Because Fox News make their bullshit obvious, while the others are more subtle. The average Joe thinks they are wise by tuning into to an alternative, and feeding on the same dish.

Most news sources are biased but most people who watch other news sources are aware of the bias. That's probably the main difference between viewership demographics. i.e. most people who watch Fox News are so skewed in thinking they actually believe it is "fair and balanced" and provides a centrist viewpoint rather than an extremely right-biased viewpoint.

In their minds they redefine that to be centrist, to the point where they may even begin to think other right-wing people are leftist if they're even a smidgeon less right-wing than they are.

In a way it's less the news source itself and more the kinds of people who exclusively view it.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to FOX news and other media outlets 2014-10-18 22:08:06

At 10/18/14 09:55 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 10/18/14 09:53 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: Fox News should quite honestly be classed as entertainment rather than news.
In almost every country except the USA, it's labeled as Comedy.

wait, its not a comedy

BBS Signature

Response to FOX news and other media outlets 2014-10-19 01:58:53

At 10/18/14 10:13 PM, fieldertiger wrote:
At 10/18/14 09:53 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: Fox News should quite honestly be classed as entertainment rather than news.
Also, Democrats (like myself)

Don't tell me you like CNN or MSNBC

Response to FOX news and other media outlets 2014-10-19 10:12:39

Because FOX News really is substantially worse than any of the others. Several studies from various sources over the years have all come to the conclusion that FOX viewers are consistently misinformed about issues to a greater extent than the viewers of any other news programs, with at least one study finding that people who watched no news at all were better informed than FOX viewers.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to FOX news and other media outlets 2014-10-19 15:41:37

At 10/19/14 09:36 AM, fieldertiger wrote:
At 10/19/14 01:58 AM, CiviLies wrote:
At 10/18/14 10:13 PM, fieldertiger wrote: Also, Democrats (like myself)
Don't tell me you like CNN or MSNBC
Actually yes, I do. You have a problem?

No, if the only news sources you watch* are liberal-oriented, then it's not my problem that you're a brain-washed zombie.

*= If you watch those but watch other sources as well, then that's a different story, I suppose.

Response to FOX news and other media outlets 2014-10-19 15:47:03

Fox is much worse than every other station, including saying things like that we should have a world militia that are paid to kill Arabs.

Fox is just a line of douchebags and honestly they can all die in a fire. <3

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to FOX news and other media outlets 2014-10-19 16:30:07

Alternative Media Outlets > Left Wing/Right Wing Funded Propaganda & Truth Filtering

At least NPR will give you some slightly unbiased opinions, but I would question their authenticity as well.

Never stop creating.

Discord

Links

BBS Signature

Response to FOX news and other media outlets 2014-10-19 16:30:44

Fox news needs more cute girl , but besides that is okay.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to FOX news and other media outlets 2014-10-19 16:32:12

Simply because they skew things towards a republican viewpoint all other media outlets skew things typically towards more left wing ideologies.

Most young people who use the internet tend to be left wingers.

BBS Signature

Response to FOX news and other media outlets 2014-10-19 17:48:17

At 10/18/14 10:08 PM, xXSp1cyN1njaXx wrote:
wait, its not a comedy

Right, it's a tragedy.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to FOX news and other media outlets 2014-10-19 18:57:33

All news networks, websites, blogs and so on have some sort of inherited bias with them because they are often a reflection of who's in control. That's why it's usually important to cross check your sources, something that most of us don't do when posing on a news event.

The problem with Fox News isn't necessarily the fact that they are biased towards the right (though it is part of the reason why they get so much flak) as much as it is the general hypocrisy of the words "fair and balanced", which are completely not true. Of course, the average Internet-savvy person is most likely liberal unless noted otherwise, so they are naturally going to be dismissive of Fox News to begin with, but that doesn't change the fact that FN is biased and inflammatory.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to FOX news and other media outlets 2014-10-19 19:43:32

I'm happy to see that there are far fewer fools buying into these media corporations "news" channels.

Fox is blatant about their bullshit, but I think you will find, as the OP has stated, that EVERY broadcasting company is guilty of airing media that only makes them look better or leaves out vital truths that the people need to hear.

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to FOX news and other media outlets 2014-10-19 21:09:56

At 10/19/14 08:59 PM, Drinze wrote:
At 10/18/14 06:13 PM, fieldertiger wrote:
are you implying that fox news isn't controlled by democrats to make the republicans look bad so retards like you become liberal?

My god! It's just stupid enough to be true!

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to FOX news and other media outlets 2014-10-20 19:16:01

At 10/20/14 06:29 PM, fieldertiger wrote: We can never defeat the Republicans and have liberals running the country forever.

shut up

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to FOX news and other media outlets 2014-10-20 20:09:49

are you implying that fieldertiger isn't controlled by republicans to make the democrats look bad so retards become conservative?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to FOX news and other media outlets 2014-10-20 20:21:27

At 10/20/14 08:07 PM, fieldertiger wrote:
At 10/20/14 07:53 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Further feuding with other users in this thread for any reason will result in a ban. Chill out.

You know you guys arent even answering my question

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to FOX news and other media outlets 2014-10-20 21:53:56

At 10/20/14 08:29 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 10/20/14 08:21 PM, Wegra wrote:
You know you guys arent even answering my question
Pretty sure me and plenty of others have unless you skimmed over things.

Well yeah but like now it's just some shit storm

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature