00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Are you a dink?

438 Views | 4 Replies

DINK means Dual Income NoKids.

Basically, you have a spouse or girl/boyfriend and you both make money, but don't have kids and plan on not having any ever. DINKs may be considered yuppies (Young Urban Professionals), in which yuppies tend to live in big cities, especially like New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Seattle, Portland, Boston, DC, though it's not just an American lifestyle and can be anywhere in the world like London, Hong Kong, Paris, Sydney). Yuppies don't have to live in an urban place or big city, but may settle in a fancy community full of rich fancy like-minded people, especially like the Napa Valley for instance, which is famous for its wineries and wine industry, or certain beach communities across the U.S., like Santa Barbara or Miami Beach.

A DINK could definitely be a yuppie, although dinks don't necessarily need to be people with high-paying jobs and having to live in an urban or "fancy" environment. To be a dink, you just need to live with somebody who also pays the rent for your home, and have no kids, and not wanting any kids.

A DINK live with a spouse or companion in a small apartment, or a big 5-bedroom house in the suburbs.

At my work there's a few DINKs or semi-DINKS. The only reason why some of the semi-DINKs aren't official full-fledged DINKS is because one of them is in her 50s, has no kids (check) but only lives by herself, which fails the DINK requirements. The other guy is kind of a DINK but a borderline DINK to be precise. He is 40, has a girlfriend, and they both are working (check), but he said his girlfriend wants to have a children, which is the danger zone for DINKS. So currently they are DINKS but the guy is questioning the fact of whether or not he wants to have children, because he said he would only want a kid if his girlfriend wants a child, but he did say " I think everyone should have at least a kid" and later saying having no kids may be boring. Therefore, he can't be an actual DINK.

A guy on the SFGate.com comments a few years back proudly said "some of my best friends are DINKS."

Are you a dink? Do you ever plan on being a dink, if yo already aren't one?

Response to Are you a dink? 2014-10-18 15:42:23

DINK? Jesus, I'm not even an IINK (Individual Income No Kids)!

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.

AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a dink? 2014-10-18 15:43:01

I think labels are just too far out there, maaaan.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a dink? 2014-10-18 15:48:04

At 10/18/14 03:43 PM, DM692 wrote: I think labels are just too far out there, maaaan.

It's not so much a label, it's a fucking lifestyle.

Having no kids is different than having kids. Dual income at that too.

Response to Are you a dink? 2014-10-18 16:11:40

Where do roommates fall in with this?

BBS Signature