00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sereneFalconer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds quality spike

2,859 Views | 46 Replies

Response to Newgrounds quality spike 2014-10-18 00:11:13

At 10/17/14 11:58 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: this place is going the way of albino blacksheep and YTMND, becoming obscure and irrelevant.

If that's the case, why are you still here?

Response to Newgrounds quality spike 2014-10-18 00:16:03

At 10/18/14 12:11 AM, BrenTheMan wrote:
At 10/17/14 11:58 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: this place is going the way of albino blacksheep and YTMND, becoming obscure and irrelevant.
If that's the case, why are you still here?

because this BBS is what made my high school years bearable, so its kind of like a second home even if its dysfunctional as hell.

Response to Newgrounds quality spike 2014-10-18 00:32:55

At 10/18/14 12:16 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: because this BBS is what made my high school years bearable, so its kind of like a second home even if its dysfunctional as hell.

So why keep biting the hand that feeds you, so to speak?

Response to Newgrounds quality spike 2014-10-18 02:28:58

ohhhhhhh shiiittttttttttttt, major flashbacks there man

| Steam | NoN bbs | formerly steelchair

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds quality spike 2014-10-18 08:22:28

At 10/18/14 12:32 AM, BrenTheMan wrote: So why keep biting the hand that feeds you, so to speak?

i'm devoted even if its a sinking ship. plus I like the fact of saying I told you so.

Response to Newgrounds quality spike 2014-10-18 08:40:50

At 10/18/14 08:22 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 10/18/14 12:32 AM, BrenTheMan wrote: So why keep biting the hand that feeds you, so to speak?
i'm devoted even if its a sinking ship. plus I like the fact of saying I told you so.

... except apparently it's on its 6th year of decline.

You can't claim bragging rights for expecting something's eventual demise, especially over a six year period for something that typically has a brief lifespan like a website.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds quality spike 2014-10-18 08:56:58

At 10/18/14 08:40 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 10/18/14 08:22 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
... except apparently it's on its 6th year of decline.

You can't claim bragging rights for expecting something's eventual demise, especially over a six year period for something that typically has a brief lifespan like a website.

sorry 6 im posting suuuper tired, but you can seriously tell the difference between 04-08 NG compared to 08- present, most of the big names have left, the store and chat have closed, Tom sold the office for less than he bought it for even though they renovated it. I'm just calling it how I see it, sorry if i'm a realist and don't jump on the admin dick riding bandwagon but I live in the place called reality, this place might be still up but it will be no where near as great as it was back in the old days.

Response to Newgrounds quality spike 2014-10-18 09:04:41 (edited 2014-10-18 09:16:37)

At 10/18/14 08:56 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: sorry 6 im posting suuuper tired, but you can seriously tell the difference between 04-08 NG compared to 08- present, most of the big names have left, the store and chat have closed, Tom sold the office for less than he bought it for even though they renovated it. I'm just calling it how I see it,

Yeah, businesses change and people come and go over 6 years.
(EDIT: Not entirely sure why you brought up the chat? You know it was because it was abused and is currently being remade)

sorry if i'm a realist and don't jump on the admin dick riding bandwagon but I live in the place called reality, this place might be still up but it will be no where near as great as it was back in the old days.

I don't get how you claim to be a realist when you're still present on a site that is dead to you. I'm not jumping on Bren's side when I'm making a straightforward point to a comment that you should probably have made when you were less sleepy. Or not all.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds quality spike 2014-10-18 09:23:36

At 10/18/14 09:04 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I don't get how you claim to be a realist when you're still present on a site that is dead to you. I'm not jumping on Bren's side when I'm making a straightforward point to a comment that you should probably have made when you were less sleepy. Or not all.

I was claiming the sites going to hell. and i;m giving perfectly good examples. we've lost many of our great artists to youtube and maybe just submit content to get some supplementary cash, the BBS has gone to hell, its just the same people posting and maybe get at least a dozen semi- to regular posters every year.

Response to Newgrounds quality spike 2014-10-18 09:32:27

At 10/18/14 09:23 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: I was claiming the sites going to hell. and i;m giving perfectly good examples. we've lost many of our great artists to youtube and maybe just submit content to get some supplementary cash,

How can we lose artists to YouTube, yet they still submit content here?

the BBS has gone to hell, its just the same people posting and maybe get at least a dozen semi- to regular posters every year.

It's always been the same people posting, except they come and go. You're just not noticing it because you're on NG everyday.
http://web.archive.org/web/20081014075319/http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/forum/1

Go to bed, tony.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds quality spike 2014-10-18 09:35:03

At 10/18/14 09:32 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: How can we lose artists to YouTube, yet they still submit content here?

take egoraptor for example the ones who just completely wash their hands.

Go to bed, tony.

I'm trying just sitting here on meh laptop in my bed with my wiener dog trying to get sleep to get sleep to overtake me.

Response to Newgrounds quality spike 2014-10-18 10:41:42

At 10/17/14 01:42 AM, MidnightPlease wrote: when black birds fly
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/647256

Looks great, imo. Also, I'd never thought I'd see Passenger of Shit again..

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds quality spike 2014-10-18 13:07:21

At 10/17/14 02:33 AM, cga-999 wrote:
At 10/17/14 02:31 AM, Sevkat wrote:
At 10/17/14 02:28 AM, cga-999 wrote: Funny that you say this, because there is another recent thread complaining about the quality of NG. I agree with you, though.
>signed up in 2014
>thinks that they have the right to discuss degrade/improvement of quality
I signed up this year, but I have been using the site since 2005.

I signed up 2009 even though I was old enough to be able to make one in 05. I only was very active on it back in 2003~05. In fact if you go through my history on this acc I only started posting on this forum this year.

I feel most of the internet lost it's soul, but everything is much more advanced and detailed than before. Most of the flash animations of the 90s would get downvoted to the lowest on the graphics department. But they naturally have more emotion because of their older age..

Response to Newgrounds quality spike 2014-10-18 13:20:21

At 10/18/14 08:56 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: sorry 6 im posting suuuper tired, but you can seriously tell the difference between 04-08 NG compared to 08- present, most of the big names have left, the store and chat have closed, Tom sold the office for less than he bought it for even though they renovated it. I'm just calling it how I see it, sorry if i'm a realist and don't jump on the admin dick riding bandwagon but I live in the place called reality, this place might be still up but it will be no where near as great as it was back in the old days.

We're actually still in the office, haven't sold it but am expecting to be renting the first floor by the end of the year, at which point the office becomes self-sustaining.

You can't really say "I told you so" when things such as the rise of YouTube and mobile were beyond our control. It's not like we didn't know and still don't know what we're up against. I knew YouTube was a threat the day it launched in 2005 but it's hard to fend that off when you have 2-3 programmers vs 100s, along with hundreds of millions being pumped into networks. I don't have a magic wand, we just show up every day and keep working to improve. Your repeated comments about the decline of NG aren't constructive.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds quality spike 2014-10-18 21:11:03

At 10/18/14 01:20 PM, TomFulp wrote:
don't have a magic wand, we just show up every day and keep working to improve. Your repeated comments about the decline of NG aren't constructive.

Aside from youtube and mobile i think bitter users are the main threat to newgrounds will only die if every single last one of us stops believing in it.

I don't agree with every choice made and i don't have the supporter badge under my name , but I still support and love newgrounds, I think we have something unique here.

Most people complain about mods and features like newgrounds is a top down police state, but i think at its heart its alway everything by us.

I guess what i'm trying to say is were a small town honey, so lets all support the team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrvFevIdhDc

Response to Newgrounds quality spike 2014-10-19 05:55:14

At 10/17/14 11:54 PM, MidnightPlease wrote:
At 10/17/14 04:30 PM, SharkStein wrote: What is this ... flash ... yall speak of? I came to this website to fap when I was 14, never left since.
what do you wack off to if not flash?

Moving picture segments?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds quality spike 2014-10-20 22:04:52

At 10/18/14 09:23 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: stuff

Don't stop believing, hold on to the feeling. The internet has become more like TV to people, sad sheep they are |: Newgrounds is a Swiss Army knife of entertainment, and some folks just prefer videos/games/pictures/music singularly... like only eating one kinda cereal instead of getting the variety pack like we do.

I dunno what to say about the state of the BBS, it's probably also changed with the times - kids text each other IRL, not BS with strangers on a fringe site, if they can help it.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature