00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Voice Actress desired for Short

586 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Voice Actress desired for Short 2014-10-13 10:07:36

Over the years of my umbral wanderings, I have been known to release music every now and then. However, before that I used to dabble in Flash. My last finished work was in the merry year of 2009. In order to break this mold, I am currently working on a quick film which should be... interesting. If all goes as planned (and I find someone quickly) I should have it done by the end of today.

The Deal:

This animation will be less than 2 minutes long, and I will only require somewhere between 5 and 10 lines for this project. The script will be simple (some may say even trivial) so I will not be requiring any major experience. I just want someone who wants to be involved in a fun little ditty and is willing to give a little bit more than a phone-in job. The intended mood of this particular movie will be surreal, bordering on downright strange, and there will be nothing in there to push the rating beyond an E.

There are 2 characters in this movie. Dialogue will consist entirely of a conversation between these two characters. I have included a rough sketch of the character whose lines I will need at the bottom. She is intended to be young and unassuming, and will address the other character as a stranger. Should you accept this role, please use that image and description as a guide.

Once you are on the case, you will be able to influence the way the script goes. You will see none of the actual film until it is ready for public releasing, but you will receive my own recorded lines in response to yours, and we can hash the details over PM (or, if possible, Steam, Skype or Mumble).

Entry requirements:

You should do the following things if you'd like to be a part of this project:

-Members of the Venusian persuasion are strongly preferred. (as indicated in the title) Exceptions are possible, but I really don't expect one of the Martian type to be able to pull this kind of character off.
-Please send me a PM through Newgrounds expressing your interest. Include basic information about your background as an artist as well as anything else you'd like to add about yourself. (Don't worry if you have little to show. This is just a 'getting to know you' thing.)
-Include a link in your PM to one or more samples of your voice. I won't be giving you any lines, just ad-lib something that sounds like it would come from the character in the image below. (Good quality recordings preferred)

After posting this, I will promptly return to work on the movie itself. After 6 hours or so, I will return to check my PM box. (The earlier birds are more likely to get the worm), and I will post here again once I have chosen my collaborator. Naturally, if you have any additional questions about the role before you make your 'formal' application, please let me know.

I suspect this animation will be a nice little thing to have a name on, and if nothing else, it should be some fun. I hope I've sparked some interest.

Voice Actress desired for Short

Great music doesn't force you to think. It allows you to.

You may find more luck by posting in the Audio Voice Actor thread, people look there - this tends to be more for animators.
=)
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/816629

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Actress desired for Short 2014-10-13 12:35:21

At 10/13/14 12:15 PM, PeterSatera wrote: You may find more luck by posting in the Audio Voice Actor thread, people look there - this tends to be more for animators.
=)

How odd, I didn't even see that, and I looked.

I suppose I'll go post over there then.

Response to Voice Actress desired for Short 2014-10-13 13:54:11

At 10/13/14 12:35 PM, Fubaka wrote:
At 10/13/14 12:15 PM, PeterSatera wrote: You may find more luck by posting in the Audio Voice Actor thread, people look there - this tends to be more for animators.
=)
How odd, I didn't even see that, and I looked.

I suppose I'll go post over there then.

Still need a voice?

Response to Voice Actress desired for Short 2014-10-13 16:28:37

At 10/13/14 01:54 PM, SailorSilverStar wrote: Still need a voice?

Give it a shot, if you'd like!

Response to Voice Actress desired for Short 2014-10-13 20:54:59

At 10/13/14 04:28 PM, Fubaka wrote:

Awesome! Any lines and direction to the kind of voice you are looking for?

Response to Voice Actress desired for Short 2014-10-13 21:19:42

At 10/13/14 08:54 PM, SailorSilverStar wrote:
At 10/13/14 04:28 PM, Fubaka wrote:
Awesome! Any lines and direction to the kind of voice you are looking for?

As I said, the character is young (probably 10-12 years old) and she will address the other character as a stranger. I still don't have a script ready (due to the nature of this project) but I could give you some more setup.

We'll open the cartoon with just the character entering from stage left in the middle of an open wilderness. At first she's alone, and seems to be lost. You could start with expected lines as she calls out for someone to help. From there, we should be good to go.

Just send me a PM with a link to your files once they are ready, or if you can't do that, request for my email via PM and I will receive your files that way. Don't forget to refer to the image. I find that helps. Talk at'cha soon!

Response to Voice Actress desired for Short 2014-10-13 22:03:28

At 10/13/14 09:19 PM, Fubaka wrote:

Talk at'cha soon!

Got it ^_^ I will send you something ASAP

Response to Voice Actress desired for Short 2014-10-22 16:23:49

sounds cool just sent a PM :-)

Keep me in mind for voice acting roles, low poly 3d art etc :)

BBS Signature