00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ErinJA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

elit3 haxorz

737 Views | 17 Replies

elit3 haxorz 2014-10-10 20:06:47

(tl;dr version below)

Okay, so once in a while, somewhere on the internet, we may come across some stupid comment on some website or forum that goes something like, "u dnt wnt it w/ me m8 i hakzur ur acount u pleb!1!" You may have seen them before (or at least seen people make fun of these people). They're the type of guys that try to act tough and scary by bragging about their "e-l33t hax0rz s(kill)z", occasionally claiming to be a member of anonymous or whatever they think is intimidating.

Anyway, these types of wanna-bes are GREAT for comedy, but what about REAL hackers? I think it's safe to say that ACTUAL professional hackers can make anyone's life a living hell. While they're probably not too worried about the average "scrub" on YouTube videos, they exist, and they can target anybody. Not just your bank account, or your email account, but the United States government itself, among other national governments and agencies. Now, my questions for NewGrounds are:

How afraid are you of being hacked? How protected do you think you are from hackers? What are the best ways (besides distancing yourself from technology) to avoid being hacked?

The future is growing steadfastly dependent on machines, the internet, wifi, and cybersecurity. As we delve further and further into the Age of Information, the future seems to be nothing but ever-dependent upon technology. And while online security is improving every moment of the day, many of these improvements seem to come from exploits triggered by security flaws. With WW2 and even earlier, encryption and encryption-breaking have made as much a huge impact on warfare as much as conventional warfare has, and this is not likely to change.

Do you think that warfare in the future will come close to consisting almost entirely of online battlegrounds, or that real-life warfare will always have a major impact on future wars?

This thread was inspired by these two videos (around 15 minutes a piece):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNPXoydz_zQ&list=PL35FE5C4B157509C9&index=11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A9Iu-E80-w

While a little sensationalist/over the top, they don't seem to be too far from the truth. Also, a list of news-making events in hacker history:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_computer_security_hacker_history

Tell me what you think, NewGrounds.

tl;dr version- hackers r sc4ry. r u sc4red?

elit3 haxorz

Response to elit3 haxorz 2014-10-10 20:27:42

| |\/||55 7|-|3 |)4¥5 0|= 1337 5|>34|<

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to elit3 haxorz 2014-10-10 20:32:13

I hope nobody breaks into my iCloud and uploads a bunch of nude pics of me on /b/

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to elit3 haxorz 2014-10-10 20:44:16

At 10/10/14 08:27 PM, Painbringer wrote: | |\/||55 7|-|3 |)4¥5 0|= 1337 5|>34|<

Took me a good two minutes to decipher that

i7 \/\/45 4 \/\/|-|1|3 51|/|(3 1 |457 5|>0|<3 17

Response to elit3 haxorz 2014-10-10 20:44:29

I do tend to get a bit paranoid at times. Paranoid to the point where I feel the need to change things like security questions, passwords, and so on. Keeping it as one thing for a long time makes me feel vulnerable.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to elit3 haxorz 2014-10-10 20:58:05

At 10/10/14 08:44 PM, SmartyPants wrote: I do tend to get a bit paranoid at times. Paranoid to the point where I feel the need to change things like security questions, passwords, and so on. Keeping it as one thing for a long time makes me feel vulnerable.

It's actually smart to change your password every now and then though.

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to elit3 haxorz 2014-10-10 21:21:32

At 10/10/14 08:32 PM, Sevkat wrote: I hope nobody breaks into my iCloud and uploads a bunch of nude pics of me on /b/

Working on it as I type. The Fappening v2.0, anyone?

Response to elit3 haxorz 2014-10-10 21:25:34 (edited 2014-10-10 21:28:38)

Pro tip: Actual "hackers" don't tend to refer to themselves as hackers though. That's more of a media label. And it's technically incorrect terminology but widespread enough it's unfortunately even in many computer books these days.

You should be more scared of your government than any rogue "hackers". Most of the worst sorts work for various governments anyway.

Edit --
The exception would be script kiddies, newbies, and wannabes tend to embrace the hacker name. These are the kind more likely to 1337 5|>34|<

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to elit3 haxorz 2014-10-10 22:33:50

At 10/10/14 09:21 PM, Bit wrote:
At 10/10/14 08:32 PM, Sevkat wrote: I hope nobody breaks into my iCloud and uploads a bunch of nude pics of me on /b/
Working on it as I type. The Fappening v2.0, anyone?

Second wave already fappened m8.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to elit3 haxorz 2014-10-10 22:34:27

At 10/10/14 09:25 PM, NeonSpider wrote: Pro tip: Actual "hackers" don't tend to refer to themselves as hackers though. That's more of a media label. And it's technically incorrect terminology but widespread enough it's unfortunately even in many computer books these days.

What should they be called, then? re-programmers? :P I've honestly never heard hackers being referred to anything else other than hackers.

You should be more scared of your government than any rogue "hackers". Most of the worst sorts work for various governments anyway.

Very true. With the rampant tapping by NSA (along with other government agencies) of phones and computers, Big Brother is easily the most dangerous hacker. Other governments included. Still, rogue hackers tend to worry me now and then.

Edit --
The exception would be script kiddies, newbies, and wannabes tend to embrace the hacker name. These are the kind more likely to 1337 5|>34|<

Lol yeah, that's kinda who I was referring to in my first paragraph. The kinds of guys who claim to be "super elite hackers" but can barely hack their way out of a cybernetic paper bag.

At 10/10/14 09:23 PM, FurryGod wrote: oh God

Oh c'mon, you can facepalm harder than that. I know you can.

Response to elit3 haxorz 2014-10-10 22:37:23

At 10/10/14 09:25 PM, NeonSpider wrote: Pro tip: Actual "hackers" don't tend to refer to themselves as hackers though

How would you know?
This guy must be a real hekker.
Let's all take this guy super cereal.
Legit af.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to elit3 haxorz 2014-10-10 22:41:08 (edited 2014-10-10 22:44:31)

At 10/10/14 10:34 PM, CiviLies wrote:
At 10/10/14 09:25 PM, NeonSpider wrote: Pro tip: Actual "hackers" don't tend to refer to themselves as hackers though. That's more of a media label. And it's technically incorrect terminology but widespread enough it's unfortunately even in many computer books these days.
What should they be called, then? re-programmers? :P I've honestly never heard hackers being referred to anything else other than hackers.

Depends what they do. Most of what the media calls hackers are more correctly termed crackers and they call themselves either black hats, grey hats, or white hats mostly, depending on their disposition.

Black hats are your typical what the media calls "hackers". White hats combat black hats and try to make things more secure and defend against attacks. Grey hats do both and play whatever side is most beneficial to them at the moment.

--------------------------------

@Sevkat
Feel free to remain ignorant. Some of us actually know what we're talking about though.

Response to elit3 haxorz 2014-10-11 00:10:39

At 10/10/14 10:41 PM, NeonSpider wrote: @Sevkat
Feel free to remain ignorant. Some of us actually know what we're talking about though.

I hear super elite hax0rz get sooper offended and butthurt over online arguements

Sidenote: I found you a new profile picture spider, hope you like it<-3

elit3 haxorz

"who are you to decide what is right and wrong? where do you draw that line?"

BBS Signature

Response to elit3 haxorz 2014-10-11 00:18:42

If you do not take nude pics on your camera than they can not be hacked.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to elit3 haxorz 2014-10-11 00:19:49

My level of concern is approximate ti my personal level of concern for my own personal energy.

I do not have hidden agendas, violent fears or criminal activities which I am trying to hide. I am a part of none of the above;
I feel that the spiritual inclination to a sense of personal privacy is healthy, because each individual soul MUST INDEED HAVE A SENSE OF THAT WHICH IS REAL IN THE WORLD AND MANIFEST IT NO MATTER WHAT, yet a personal inclination to a spiritual sense of privacy is not quite the same as a spiritual urge to inculcate and inundate the idiosyncratic and often anachronistic forms of each living formalized piercing sun of God's living form. Or whatever.

If one has something to hide then let him take it upon him(her, Zim seems to be a thing now... whatever)self to reveal it so that it may not only benefit the individua nexus of soull in question in lots more than exponential means, but that it may dissolve unnecessary and unhealthy connections to sincerely demonic energies.

:) I love period this is the end of demonic means.

NGMartial Arts Club Are you Man...

MUSIC | or a little, dying cosmic whore...

Speak with your actions, come from your core.

BBS Signature

Response to elit3 haxorz 2014-10-11 00:20:40

At 10/11/14 12:10 AM, AtlasTheGaurdian wrote:
I hear super elite hax0rz get sooper offended and butthurt over online arguements

Okay. You're a dumbass too. Good to know.

Response to elit3 haxorz 2014-10-11 01:06:44

At 10/11/14 12:20 AM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 10/11/14 12:10 AM, AtlasTheGaurdian wrote:

Okay. You're a dumbass too. Good to know.

sooper elite hax0r n33dz lub3 for his butthurt because nobody will take him seriusly :(

"who are you to decide what is right and wrong? where do you draw that line?"

BBS Signature

Response to elit3 haxorz 2014-10-11 08:11:57

It's quite the looming threat, isn't it?