00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Jail or Homeless?

787 Views | 22 Replies

It's a question you've probably seen before, and the answers are usually a pretty mixed bag, kind of half-and-half.

Let's say you are in your late teens, 20s, or 30s, and are very poor. In this situation, many people may end up either homeless or jailed. Which would you rather prefer?

However it greatly depends on where you are (climate, etc), and how long you're homeless or in jail. If you're homeless and living in Detroit or Minneapolis it would probably be horrible due to the bitter cold winters. It probably may be easier if you're in CA, Florida, Texas, Hawaii , etc.

Both are shitty situations, but at least you are provided shelter and fed in jail, even though I've heard the food sucks. I've never been in jail or homeless (except for one day kind of), but I'd have to say I'd probably rather do time in the county jail if it were for a few months or up to a year. If it were long term, I'd have to question it. I really wouldn't want to spend a lot of time in prison, and if I tried to find a job in the future, having a serious criminal record would hurt me.

Response to Jail or Homeless? 2014-10-09 04:44:17

jail, free food, lots of people to hang out with, i could probably kill someone and stay in jail

Response to Jail or Homeless? 2014-10-09 04:45:57

Homeless, because it comes with freedom, even if it is hungry uncomfortable freedom. Less chance of rape too, I think, if you're careful.

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to Jail or Homeless? 2014-10-09 05:42:04

Suicide.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Jail or Homeless? 2014-10-09 06:18:23

Jail
I'd have free food
Friends
Free anal sex

and I might die there too

BBS Signature

Response to Jail or Homeless? 2014-10-09 06:23:20

Jail is more logical but I've always wanted to try being a bum on the condition that I have a few cool bum friends

Response to Jail or Homeless? 2014-10-09 06:27:54

I'd like to answer this with a video.

NSFW

Response to Jail or Homeless? 2014-10-09 07:07:09

At 10/9/14 04:44 AM, Finnyprik wrote: jail, free food, lots of people to hang out with, i could probably kill someone and stay in jail

And you could get some nice butt sex.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Jail or Homeless? 2014-10-09 08:24:23

Homeless. I live in a place where the homeless don't freeze to death and food can be scavenged.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Jail or Homeless? 2014-10-09 08:40:49

I'd rather be in jail.
It's exciting, it's violent, and it's all free.
The accommodations are all free.

Response to Jail or Homeless? 2014-10-09 09:05:23

That's a tough one however I'd have to choose homeless. At least I can attempt to survive rather than just be another prisoner in a notorious system

BBS Signature

Response to Jail or Homeless? 2014-10-09 09:10:21

Homeless, as long as I can keep my guitar. Then I can sing a song while someone films it and puts it on YouTube. Then become super rich and famous in a matter of weeks.

Piece of cake.

PSN:Ryder-Omega/Steam:Ryder Omega

I'm that lazy bastard who doesn't bother to take down his damn Christmas lights. I still have the fucking kriss-kringle hats from last year!

BBS Signature

Response to Jail or Homeless? 2014-10-09 09:11:52

Jail even though i'd become the prison bitch.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Jail or Homeless? 2014-10-09 14:13:30

Homeless and then strive to survive in the wilderness.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Jail or Homeless? 2014-10-09 15:23:09

At 10/9/14 08:48 AM, WahyaRanger wrote: Probably homeless, because then I could just gather my backpack, clothes, and stuff like that, and be a new-agey traveling bum, hopping train to train across country trying to make something of my pathetic life.

A home and a job tether you to where you are now.

Also prison is a bad idea because I'd probably be too nice to the other inmates and then I'd like become the prison bitch.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same. If it's true that grocery stores and even restaurants throw away HELLA amounts of still-fresh food, maybe I can survive.

Response to Jail or Homeless? 2014-10-09 21:51:30

personally if i was so close to being stuck at the choice i'd probably be doing illegal things in order to prevent myself from becoming homeless. So i'd probably end up in jail. Neither situation is ideal by any means.

BBS Signature

Response to Jail or Homeless? 2014-10-09 22:15:36

At 10/9/14 05:42 AM, Painbringer wrote: Suicide.

This.

I don't really consider myself alive if I don't have some sort of goal or purpose. Wandering around aimlessly or rotting in a prison cell without any freedoms to speak of are worse than death.

Response to Jail or Homeless? 2014-10-09 23:59:41

At 10/9/14 05:42 AM, Painbringer wrote: Suicide.

I'd have to agree. I would just buy a bunch of drugs and od before going to jail or being homeless.

BBS Signature

Response to Jail or Homeless? 2014-10-10 01:12:14

I'd much rather remain homeless as I am now.

And I'm not sure why so many people assume jail is free. The county jail where I live charges you roughly $500 per week. If you don't pay, they put you back in jail and your bill gets higher.

BBS Signature

Response to Jail or Homeless? 2014-10-10 02:00:42

Both in quick succession.

Response to Jail or Homeless? 2014-10-10 02:21:56

Homeless is superior than being in jail.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Jail or Homeless? 2014-10-10 04:52:55

I'd just ascend into the brilliant light and not worry about material things.

Fucking duh.

God damnit I'm despondent right now.

Wish I had a heavy bag...

Pic mother fucking related.

Jail or Homeless?

NGMartial Arts Club Are you Man...

MUSIC | or a little, dying cosmic whore...

Speak with your actions, come from your core.

BBS Signature

Response to Jail or Homeless? 2014-10-10 07:04:12 (edited 2014-10-10 07:04:30)

Id rather be in jail. Living in Austin I've seen how homeless people live. Its a constant struggle. In jail the only struggle would likely be keeping your sanity and not becoming someone's bitch

At your service

BBS Signature