00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting!

11,153 Views | 49 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 10:40:01

It's the start of a new month and you know what that means - monthly voting time! Check your account page to see if you're on the panel to decide the Best of September.

Also it is now October and the Halloween Spooktacular is on! Submit movies, games, art and music with a scary / horror / halloween theme and you could win a prize!

Today is Throwback Thursday and I've got some big lists of movies and games from this week in NG history. I scattered a few notes along the way. Be sure to read through the first replies to see all of the lists!

This is also a nice time to introduce yourself and let us know what brought you to NG, what you like about NG and what you would like to see in the future.

Movies

Fun piece of history... Back in 2011 I was helping javarush214 with some optimization and compiling errors in Demigods and made my own remixed version timed out to Die Bitch! by xKore. The theme ultimately went to Ride Under the Storm by BERSERKYD but I still wonder if the Die Bitch cut would have been a hit.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 10:40:07

More Movies

Fun note: When I front paged Rock On in August, I totally didn't realize that it was billyblob, the guy who made classics like Karma Ghost (2001) and Hook Line and Sinker. I'm such a fan of his stuff and I'm FINALLY following him!

BBS Signature

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 10:40:15

Games

BBS Signature

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 10:52:50

Good because halloween is sooooooooooo cool.

BBS Signature

I like these Throwback Thursdays. Maybe all these submissions should be thrown into some gigantic playlist.

Hey, everyone...
What do you get when you cross a vampire with a snowman?
Frostbite.

BBS Signature

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 10:56:41

At 10/2/14 10:52 AM, Magical-Zorse wrote: Good because halloween is sooooooooooo cool.

Yeah hoping for some fun stuff this year!

BBS Signature

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 10:58:01

At 10/2/14 10:56 AM, BenjaminTibbetts wrote: I like these Throwback Thursdays. Maybe all these submissions should be thrown into some gigantic playlist.

Man we still haven't done that "view as playlist" feature that we intended to have for lists on NG but if we get that going it would great to apply it to any forum post with content links... Just click a little playlist button at the top of the thread and it brings in every piece of (applicable) content from every post...

BBS Signature

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 11:04:15

Madness Day prizes? :c

BBS Signature

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 11:32:25

What a cracking list! Did always wonder why you didn't include music and artwork in these lists though!

Gawd dammit sheesh

Pirates WILL rule one day...

HIT ME UP BITCHES. Piratecrab's Soundcloud| Piratecrab's Youtube

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 11:49:08

I remember playing @Glaiel-gamer 's Paths when it first came out and being really impressed. I also remember when @Kenney helped him with the art in the sequel. So... long... ago...

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 12:38:15

At 10/2/14 11:32 AM, PirateCrab wrote: What a cracking list! Did always wonder why you didn't include music and artwork in these lists though!

Don't have a good way to gather up the entries from that week in history. :(

BBS Signature

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 12:40:30

At 10/2/14 12:01 PM, Elias-Z wrote: Hey,i have a problem.
For some reason,NG is loading extremely slow for me.
Also NG was down for like 1-2 hours today,was that just for me or for everyone?
I gotta wait like 5-6 minutes for every page since that happened.

This was a problem with our content delivery network, hopefully it's all resolved now!

BBS Signature

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 13:05:36

Fun stuff! We getting Halloween icons and a specific site skin again this year, Tom? I always loved those.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 13:07:37

Mines is on the list? And its 3rd at the top!? Wow, I didn't expect that.. Thanks!!

BBS Signature

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 13:11:03

At 10/2/14 01:07 PM, TechLeSSWaYz wrote: Mines is on the list? And its 3rd at the top!? Wow, I didn't expect that.. Thanks!!

I guess I never did FP the third one, did I? I'll pop it up now, better late than never!

BBS Signature

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 13:13:13

I can't wait for the Halloween games and movies for this year.

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.”~Ikkaku from Bleach.

BBS Signature

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 13:16:41

At 10/2/14 01:11 PM, TomFulp wrote: I guess I never did FP the third one, did I? I'll pop it up now, better late than never!

THANKS TOM ! You the best ! :) ! I wish I could hug ya lol

BBS Signature

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 13:37:18

It never lets me vote because I never reach 10 favorite submissions.

Also, Heart of Ice hit the throwback! Awesome game.

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 13:41:48

All of this is shit. Lamest Throwback Thursday so far.

You should be ashamed.

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 13:55:44

Awesome, thanks for the heads up about voting!

Portal 2D is a really standout game. I think the light bridges in Portal 2 may even have been inspired by the ones in this game.

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 14:27:37

At 10/2/14 01:41 PM, squidly wrote: All of this is shit. Lamest Throwback Thursday so far.

You should be ashamed.

At least one thing on that list is complete shit, I'll admit that!

BBS Signature

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 14:30:49

At 10/2/14 02:29 PM, Amaranthus wrote: RIP Halloween Costume Contest.

What happened? You guys aren't announcing today?

BBS Signature

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 14:35:12

At 10/2/14 02:31 PM, Amaranthus wrote: Oh, I PM'd you my version of the rules, Lich did his, I had some internet issues and didn't get around to letting him know.
Just let us know which version you prefer.

Ah, I thought you sent the same lists... The list Lich sent looks fine if you're good with that! My one suggestion to Lich was to consider allowing submission through all of October - having a window of a few days means that people may forget to stop in and post their costume, where having it open all month lets them do it at their leisure.

BBS Signature

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 15:05:21

I got 3 plugs, I'm happy. I didn't know i was so productive this time of the year.

I'm not really liking the art on the featured movie panel for animator vs animator 4 tho.

also, first.

None

BBS Signature

At 10/2/14 03:05 PM, Luis wrote: I'm not really liking the art on the featured movie panel for animator vs animator 4 tho.

You're just slacking in your design studies, Luis; I'm practicing Wrong Theory.

BBS Signature

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 15:19:12

I'd like to see more holidays, i feel we're in dire need of them.

Allso all of them should be halloween.

BBS Signature

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 15:26:06

At 10/2/14 02:27 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 10/2/14 01:41 PM, squidly wrote: All of this is shit. Lamest Throwback Thursday so far.

You should be ashamed.
At least one thing on that list is complete shit, I'll admit that!

Yea you're right, Shinobi Quest is kinda lame.

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 15:34:14

At 10/2/14 11:49 AM, BoMToons wrote: I remember playing @Glaiel-gamer 's Paths when it first came out and being really impressed. I also remember when @Kenney helped him with the art in the sequel. So... long... ago...

Hah yeah, I helped him with Paths 2. Dang that game was brutal, can't remember a thing about development...

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 18:47:48

I'd like to see more mainstream (TV/movie) parodies, especially games. No one outside of NG is gonna come here, if we aren't making fun of what's actually big these days. Esoteric animes and ancient video game parodies just aren't cutting it - the geeks that like that sort of thing are already spread out and invested. Maybe a racing/minigame version of Top Gear (UK) would bring in the un-indoctrinated...

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Throwback, Spooktacular & Voting! 2014-10-02 21:49:47

At 10/2/14 06:47 PM, VicariousE wrote: I'd like to see more mainstream (TV/movie) parodies, especially games. No one outside of NG is gonna come here, if we aren't making fun of what's actually big these days.

Hmmmm, you may be onto something!

BBS Signature