00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ParallaxDraw just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A game you love that others hate?

2,857 Views | 35 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to A game you love that others hate? 2014-10-01 05:11:19

Society hates Grand Theft Auto series

Believe it or not I'm just a newbie in Rohan which my friends hates because its kinda old game

Response to A game you love that others hate? 2014-10-06 14:59:56

Forever Kingdom.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=N0EPIbzoMcU

It's not really a game that did well. In fact, it's a stereotypical JRPG about resolving someone's amnesia. I think Evergrace (the first of the two games) and Forever Kingdom are the worst material coming from Ubisoft, or From Software for that matter. But the game is quirky, the game is so highly explorable, and I don't know what it is -- I just got so immersed in it.

Response to A game you love that others hate? 2014-10-06 19:18:43

At 10/1/14 03:31 AM, TheDukeofJuke wrote: Dust an Elysian Tail...I await the hate.

People hated that game? I was under the impression that everyone liked it.

--The Worst Foe Lies Within the Self--

Response to A game you love that others hate? 2014-10-07 03:09:04

At 10/7/14 12:53 AM, TheDukeofJuke wrote: People accuse it greatly of being furry due to the anthropomorphic characters. I don't find it furry though.

I don't think people realize that anthro does not automatically mean furry. Furries are more inclined to like something with anthropomorphic characters in it, but simply having anthro characters doesn't necessarily mean that furries were the target demographic.

--The Worst Foe Lies Within the Self--

Response to A game you love that others hate? 2014-10-07 03:11:18

The Final Fantasy XIII trilogy springs to mind. I don't think it deserves as much flack as it got. Sure, it seemed and was very casual, but that's good in a series that seems to always take itself a bit too seriously with the settings and environments that is presented to it. This imaginary world and far-off land...DEEPMEANINGDEEPMEANINGDEEPMEANING. It was kind of silly after a while and although FFXIII still tried to do the whole "deeper meaning" bit to an extent, it wasn't all in your face about it. It was something odd that you didn't really have to have the brain capacity of a scholar to understand. You're just a casual person liking the game for what it is. Now am I saying that you have to have a high brain cell count to understand some of the FF storylines? Kind of.

Response to A game you love that others hate? 2014-10-07 12:42:35

I don't think it counts but, Brutal Legend. Fucking love that game.
It's an amazing game. Great voice acting, controls are really good, great story, and above all of that and incredible soundtrack.

am eagerly awaiting Tim Schafer announcing Brutal Legend 2. he keeps saying that he wants to do it but it'd cost $30 million...

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature