00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Medal Images Problem

541 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey guys,

I'm publishing Rogue Soul 2 right now but I have troubles with medals icons. I created Medals using the same icon, then at the end, I updated all the icons using dedicated arts. So in my projects settings my list of medals is displayed with all the proper arts, BUT => when I go on the game's page, not all the medals have the proper icon... Is that a bug for developer only or do you guys also see some wrong icons ? (wrong icons being similar to the game icon itself)

Thanks for reading.

EDIT : okay, it appears that other people also see the wrong pictures. Any ideas what I could to to update icons?

Response to Medal Images Problem 2014-09-26 20:15:52

At 9/26/14 07:00 PM, SoulGame wrote: EDIT : okay, it appears that other people also see the wrong pictures. Any ideas what I could to to update icons?

You try clearing your computer's cache first? If that works then you could leave a note in the description of your game to warn players to do the same.

Response to Medal Images Problem 2014-09-26 20:25:01

Thanks for the idea! Unfortunately that won't work. Plus, a friend of mine who had never been on the page, just saw the wrong icons too...

Response to Medal Images Problem 2014-09-26 20:44:53

At 9/26/14 08:25 PM, SoulGame wrote: Thanks for the idea! Unfortunately that won't work. Plus, a friend of mine who had never been on the page, just saw the wrong icons too...

You have to leave that line at the top that says "At....my name" if you want me to get a notification to your response just so you know...

That's weird it didn't work. You positive you hit the submit button below where you upload a new image in the project medal settings? haha

Otherwise I don't really know what to tell you....maybe someone else will come along with a better idea...

Response to Medal Images Problem 2014-09-26 21:17:07

At 9/26/14 08:44 PM, Hero101 wrote:
At 9/26/14 08:25 PM, SoulGame wrote: Thanks for the idea! Unfortunately that won't work. Plus, a friend of mine who had never been on the page, just saw the wrong icons too...
You have to leave that line at the top that says "At....my name" if you want me to get a notification to your response just so you know...

That's weird it didn't work. You positive you hit the submit button below where you upload a new image in the project medal settings? haha

Otherwise I don't really know what to tell you....maybe someone else will come along with a better idea...

My bad, I didn't know about that, thanks for the explanation. Yes I did submit, and the picture are okay in the Medals list... Still not in the game's page. Thanks anyway!

Response to Medal Images Problem 2014-09-26 21:21:50

At 9/26/14 09:17 PM, SoulGame wrote:
At 9/26/14 08:25 PM, SoulGame wrote:
My bad, I didn't know about that, thanks for the explanation. Yes I did submit, and the picture are okay in the Medals list... Still not in the game's page. Thanks anyway!

Well damn. Could be a bug. You could PM PsychoGoldfish about it. Guess you know that next time you should have all your medals set in stone before publishing the game :P

Response to Medal Images Problem 2014-09-26 21:23:45

At 9/26/14 09:21 PM, Hero101 wrote:
At 9/26/14 08:25 PM, SoulGame wrote:
Well damn. Could be a bug. You could PM PsychoGoldfish about it. Guess you know that next time you should have all your medals set in stone before publishing the game :P

Well, I didn't change after publishing. I only created medals with test icons, then I changed icons, then I published... Will try to contact him thanks.

Response to Medal Images Problem 2014-09-26 21:27:00

At 9/26/14 09:23 PM, SoulGame wrote:
Well, I didn't change after publishing. I only created medals with test icons, then I changed icons, then I published... Will try to contact him thanks.

Oh gotcha....I did that too but before I published the game though I just deleted the medal and added it again (instead of uploading new pic....). Not sure why I did it that way to be honest - think I accidentally deleted it - but it worked.

Response to Medal Images Problem 2014-09-27 11:46:15

At 9/26/14 09:27 PM, Hero101 wrote:
At 9/26/14 09:23 PM, SoulGame wrote:
Oh gotcha....I did that too but before I published the game though I just deleted the medal and added it again (instead of uploading new pic....). Not sure why I did it that way to be honest - think I accidentally deleted it - but it worked.

Damn, I tried that on the first medal "Street Killer" and the icon is correct now! Except I can't earn the medal anymore... And on preview mode, debuger initialize TWO "street killer" medal as locked, and I can't earn them neither. If checed their id, but doesn't work. Doesn't make any sens to me. Thanks for your time and help anyway!

Response to Medal Images Problem 2014-09-27 16:33:52

At 9/27/14 11:46 AM, SoulGame wrote:
At 9/26/14 09:27 PM, Hero101 wrote:
Damn, I tried that on the first medal "Street Killer" and the icon is correct now! Except I can't earn the medal anymore... And on preview mode, debuger initialize TWO "street killer" medal as locked, and I can't earn them neither. If checed their id, but doesn't work. Doesn't make any sens to me. Thanks for your time and help anyway!

Well hopefully @PsychoGoldfish gets back to you with a response as it could be a bug.... Sorry man :/