00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ChiliChapters just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback!

32,885 Views | 149 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-27 11:01:35

At 9/25/14 09:45 AM, TomFulp wrote: The most long-awaited, most requested feature in the history of NG is finally a reality.

Today liljim has introduced...

THE FORUM EDIT BUTTON.

YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS! The edit button!! Hell yeah, I have been waiting ages for this to happen. All we need to wait for is Link's Quest for Ass 3...

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-27 13:25:53

Tom, can you also upload songs and arts on Throwback Thursday? It would be cool if you did that to, so we can look and listen to other artists as well. Please think about that.

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-27 16:24:49

If you're in the mood, I forget whether I have deposited the experience or not and get super paranoid about it! This small message would help without needing to rate one more entry... -.-

EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback!

oohhh yesss finally! i don't make mistakes too often when i post, but when i do, it was always kinda annoying that i couldn't change it, even if people understood what i was trying to say. maybe it's a form of OCD??

EDIT - thanks liljim!

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-27 17:36:17

it feels weird being to edit posts, but not entirely a bad thing, it means if my keyboard screws up i can correct my spelling or something...

that said, i'd still like to go back and edit my old posts for the laughs

Sweet mother of god, an edit button! :o

Edited for great justice

NG UOTD 2/4/11 | I run a Minecraft server. | Con los terroristas

BBS Signature

i love it

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-28 01:07:47

At 9/25/14 09:45 AM, TomFulp wrote: If you have a game on Steam and a history on NG, let me know! There are a few awesome games I've been on the fence about adding, for example Derek Yu has an old game on NG from 2004, so technically Spelunky could qualify - but is that stretching it? Going further, Matt Thorson has a game that was published by Adult Swim on NG, so Tower Fall starts to drift into the broader orbit...

I think that if the criteria is "you've contributed to Newgrounds in the past" then games like Spelunky and Tower Fall clearly meet the criteria. Plus Spelunky is a fantastic game and should be played by everyone. If you want to tighten the net, you could make it something like "you've contributed to Newgrounds and your work is featured in one of the History of Newgrounds pages."

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-28 09:02:30

With great power. Comes great responsibility .

Oh. This is finally a thing?

I remember back when I was a regular poster there'd always been this huge debate if it's needed or not. Arguments for and against it, mostly concerning abuse.

15 minutes is a decent window.

Edit: Mandatory.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-28 14:30:47

This is great, especially if you realize a link you had posted was broken or if you wanted to fix some spelling errors you didn't notice when you first made the post.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Holy shit fuck you TOM!

I mean I love you with all my heart

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-29 02:44:37

lol edit button! I guess hell has frozen, then... :3

Wakka wakka

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-29 02:55:15

At 9/27/14 07:09 PM, Grub-Xer0 wrote: Sweet mother of god, an edit button! :o

Edited for great justice

The text fields are black with white text, easy on the eyes. The authoring field is a weird glaring orange... sometimes, it's like waking up in the morning, and trying to see shit clearly :\ But why not a blog comment edit button? The anti-multi-post code prevents you from easily going back to comment again and say, * (spellings corrected)

Oh well, least the review edit button (with an unlimited time to edit, I believe) will be coming soon.. or is it dependent on subsequent revisions to the original work only? Same with with one man, one changeable vote (on a submission), is that correct, lord over all he surveys, @tomfulp ?

"The more they overthink plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain" Montgomery Scott, Engineer, USS Enterprise

just playing playing devil's advocate, I don't mind the digi-erasers and score mods

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-29 04:18:48

Newgrounds is almost perfect, their only needs to be a chat.

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-29 16:56:22

At 9/25/14 09:45 AM, TomFulp wrote: The most long-awaited, most requested feature in the history of NG is finally a reality.

Today liljim has introduced...

THE FORUM EDIT BUTTON.

Dear god... I never thought this day would come... Next thing you know we'll all be using the NG chat...

Fear Popo Bawa!!!

John Goodman | ¥

while(<>){chomp;print;}

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-29 17:28:54

BBS Signature

An Edit button is so long overdue. Glad you guys finally put it in.

Edit: YEAH!!!!!!!

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-30 17:15:47

Been here for so long, watched this site turned from quality into an evil corporation. I'm not even joking. The old newgrounds is dead. You sold it out, I hope you're happy with yourself, the money probably helps you all sleep better at night. I also hope you all get testicular cancer, but that's just my vindictive side.

I've honestly really stopped coming here completely, mainly because of fucking ads everywhere and the fact your main fucking page takes an hour to load on a damn fast internet. But it's cool right? So long as you're making money? To think you used to be against this kind of sellout bullshit. Man I was here back when Assassin was a thing. I was here when Flash took its baby steps. When Thug Life was the best flash on the internet. When McFretn blew our fucking minds with Brutality and Combat Instinct. I was here for all the right reasons. Now you're here for all the wrong ones.

This probably won't change anything. But know that I have absolutely no appreciation for any of you anymore, nor this site. I will probably keep jumping in from time to time to look at my favorite flashes, but this place is dead to me just as soulless as Facebook and Youtube. You have nothing to be proud of.

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-30 19:23:00

At 9/30/14 05:15 PM, blur wrote: Been here for so long, watched this site turned from quality into an evil corporation. I'm not even joking. The old newgrounds is dead. You sold it out, I hope you're happy with yourself, the money probably helps you all sleep better at night. I also hope you all get testicular cancer, but that's just my vindictive side.

I've honestly really stopped coming here completely, mainly because of fucking ads everywhere and the fact your main fucking page takes an hour to load on a damn fast internet. But it's cool right? So long as you're making money? To think you used to be against this kind of sellout bullshit. Man I was here back when Assassin was a thing. I was here when Flash took its baby steps. When Thug Life was the best flash on the internet. When McFretn blew our fucking minds with Brutality and Combat Instinct. I was here for all the right reasons. Now you're here for all the wrong ones.

This probably won't change anything. But know that I have absolutely no appreciation for any of you anymore, nor this site. I will probably keep jumping in from time to time to look at my favorite flashes, but this place is dead to me just as soulless as Facebook and Youtube. You have nothing to be proud of.

What the hell are you talking about? NG is the least sellout website I use. Sure the adds on content are annoying and often buggy. But these are a necessary measure. They've already shed half the staff, what more do you want? NG needs to stay afloat. If they don't make money, there's not going to be a Newgrounds. Tom's not getting rich off of this stuff.

If that's going to be your attitude, I think the community will be glad that you stop coming here.

Finally, an edit button!

The long awaited feature for the BBS.

Testing the edit button... me putting it to good use!

At 9/30/14 05:15 PM, blur wrote: Been here for so long, watched this site turned from quality into an evil corporation. I'm not even joking. The old newgrounds is dead. You sold it out, I hope you're happy with yourself, the money probably helps you all sleep better at night. I also hope you all get testicular cancer, but that's just my vindictive side.

You're a dick for saying that. And clearly you haven't been checking the news around here. The Newgrounds HQ has to move to a smaller location because of money problems. Tom couldn't even afford to keep the online store, so it got closed this year. The ads are what little Newgrounds has to keep itself up and running.

I've honestly really stopped coming here completely, mainly because of fucking ads everywhere and the fact your main fucking page takes an hour to load on a damn fast internet. But it's cool right? So long as you're making money? To think you used to be against this kind of sellout bullshit.

What's the difference though? You signed up in 2002. Newgrounds was FULL of ads back then! Not to mention popups and spyware. Those were the days, right? Also, a redesign is coming soon and Newgrounds will be mobile friendly. It won't be image-heavy as the current layout, so it probably loads pages a lot faster. It is worth noting that every user in the community is being involved in the making of this new layout.

Man I was here back when Assassin was a thing. I was here when Flash took its baby steps. When Thug Life was the best flash on the internet. When McFretn blew our fucking minds with Brutality and Combat Instinct. I was here for all the right reasons. Now you're here for all the wrong ones.

Let me remind you that Newgrounds isn't selling out. So unless there's other factors, those "right" and "wrong" reasons don't make any sense to me.

To be fair, you didn't contribute anything to this website, which is why most people on this website won't think much of your opinion. Though this is true, I think many people on this website fail to realize that users like you are indispensable to the success to Newgrounds. You are the reason why everyone got all those reviews, votes and favorites in the past! Honestly, I'm a bit scared to see spectators like yourself shun away from this website, simply because of how it looks. First impression are important, and Newgrounds clearly fails at it.

BBS Signature

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-10-01 09:55:35

If it makes you feel any better I've been doing this for free since 2010. NG never sold out to anyone, it needs these ads to pay the bills. I'm sorry our need to pay bills has been an inconvenience to you.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-10-01 10:26:19

Thanks Tom and whoever else is responsible for keeping Newgrounds running and continuing to improve it. :D I am excited about the prospect of an edit review button.

As regarding the Steam Curator, I'd personally rather only see games in it that are by people who have a strong connection to Newgrounds, that are clearly part of the "Newgrounds family", and not just brief visitors in the past.

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-10-01 11:12:47

At 10/1/14 10:26 AM, Krichotomy wrote: As regarding the Steam Curator, I'd personally rather only see games in it that are by people who have a strong connection to Newgrounds, that are clearly part of the "Newgrounds family", and not just brief visitors in the past.

As time passes I lean more towards it being less picky, partly because it's hard to draw the line for what qualifies as the proper amount of community interaction but also because it's nice to be able to add games on an ongoing basis and point people to some cool stuff they can check out on NG. It would be nice if I could manually sort the list and feature specific ones near the top though.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-10-01 11:18:06

At 10/1/14 11:12 AM, TomFulp wrote: As time passes I lean more towards it being less picky, partly because it's hard to draw the line for what qualifies as the proper amount of community interaction but also because it's nice to be able to add games on an ongoing basis and point people to some cool stuff they can check out on NG.

Plus, it's fun to see how Newgrounds has made a difference in the lives of well-known game developers. No matter how long ago that may be.

BBS Signature

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-10-01 12:49:24

Aww yes!! Now I can finally post here without any tpyos!!
:U

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-10-02 01:50:46

This edit button should be useful :)

BBS Signature

Hmm, doubt I'll be using the edit feature much, but it's pretty neat! Don't think I've seen a pbulic edit log on other sites either, could come in handy.

Woo, and I recognize a ton of submissions in this Thursdays Throwback edition. Lotsa Madness!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-10-06 09:26:42

At 9/25/14 10:27 AM, NewgroundsMike wrote:
At 9/25/14 10:19 AM, RyderOmega wrote: Tom! No! No, no, no! Take off the edit button! Knowing the intelligence of the average forum poster, it's only a matter of time until people abuse it. I'm warning you, this isn't such a good idea...
I hereby swear to the Almighty Tom Fulp that I will never use it.
Wanna join in?

Fuck it son I'll boycott the edit button too.

ssssssssssssssssssssss

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature