00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Deleting art under 3 stars

739 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Deleting art under 3 stars 2014-09-22 13:15:44

I've started deleting one of my worst piece of art which had like a 2.17 . then I began going through all of my art and found at least about 5 that have below a 3. I'm wondering if you guys think this is a good idea. out with the old shitty art in with the new better art right? I don't know if I'm being to hasty by doing this, there have been some people who like some of these that have had 2 ratings. Plus one of my art works was rated a 0 by someone yet someone else said it was one of my best works and it got me a fan. I've also had art that starts out with a 2 or 3 and goes up to a 4 almost and others that started out as a 5 and goes down to a 3 or below.

Hello I'm draw art and art acessories

BBS Signature

Response to Deleting art under 3 stars 2014-09-22 15:30:08

At 9/22/14 01:15 PM, Sirbrickrock wrote: I've started deleting one of my worst piece of art which had like a 2.17 . then I began going through all of my art and found at least about 5 that have below a 3. I'm wondering if you guys think this is a good idea. out with the old shitty art in with the new better art right? I don't know if I'm being to hasty by doing this, there have been some people who like some of these that have had 2 ratings. Plus one of my art works was rated a 0 by someone yet someone else said it was one of my best works and it got me a fan. I've also had art that starts out with a 2 or 3 and goes up to a 4 almost and others that started out as a 5 and goes down to a 3 or below.

I would keep ones that are in the 3 area. Might just be some people's difference of opinion and it could go up. That's what I do with mine. If its a 2, then there's probably a reason.

Response to Deleting art under 3 stars 2014-09-22 17:12:41

I think it's good to retire your weakest pieces as you finish new stuff. You can end up with too much work for people to take in, so it's better to have 20 great pieces rather than 50 ok ones. I wouldn't base the selection on star ratings though, you decide what your best work is, no one else.

Response to Deleting art under 3 stars 2014-09-22 17:49:59

At 9/22/14 05:12 PM, buriedantenna wrote: I think it's good to retire your weakest pieces as you finish new stuff. You can end up with too much work for people to take in, so it's better to have 20 great pieces rather than 50 ok ones. I wouldn't base the selection on star ratings though, you decide what your best work is, no one else.

yeah, you got a good point, I was sort of thinking that too in a way. I don't really like most of the ones under 3 anyways except for maybe 1 or 2 of them. Thanks this is good advice.

:I would keep ones that are in the 3 area. Might just be some people's difference of opinion and it could go up. That's what I do with mine. If its a 2, then there's probably a reason.

Yeah the 3 and 4s are my best, but yeah, it seems like art ratings on my work go up and down like the stock market constantly lol. but Yeah that's true opinions do vary on this site. thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to Deleting art under 3 stars 2014-09-22 20:33:08

Why delete any at all? They're not hurting anything by being there and you're already scouted so you have unlimited space (I think). Plus it's always cool to look back and see how people have improved and progressed over time. I say just leave 'em.

Response to Deleting art under 3 stars 2014-09-22 20:54:29

At 9/22/14 08:33 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Why delete any at all? They're not hurting anything by being there and you're already scouted so you have unlimited space (I think). Plus it's always cool to look back and see how people have improved and progressed over time. I say just leave 'em.

I'm not particularly looking at the old ones, it's just some of them look bad to me, or need heavy improvement, or I think didn't have much effort in. I might keep two that I still like, but I'm reconsidering my ethics on Newgrounds to making work with more quality than quantity. I understand what you're talking about though, and I've also considered that, but IDK.

BBS Signature

Response to Deleting art under 3 stars 2014-09-23 00:05:05

when you make a portfolio you always want to put your strongest foot forward and never want to have art that you feel you should make an excuse for. so it's sort of a good practice to delete your low-rated art UNLESS you feel like it's some of your strongest work.

keep on keepin' on

Response to Deleting art under 3 stars 2014-09-23 01:13:50

At 9/23/14 12:05 AM, DanPaladin wrote: when you make a portfolio you always want to put your strongest foot forward...

That's very true, and great advice ...but... I highly doubt anyone is using this site as a professional portfolio option.
Unless they're doing online hentai commissions or something.

Paints a pretty visual though... some kid handing/emailing a potential employer his resume with a link to their ng user page. One wrong click and there's an image of ...some chick with huge tits being penetrated by some dude's giant cock... in his face. Probably not gonna get that job. But the site might get a new user! Haha!!

Response to Deleting art under 3 stars 2014-09-23 09:17:42

At 9/23/14 01:13 AM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 9/23/14 12:05 AM, DanPaladin wrote: when you make a portfolio you always want to put your strongest foot forward...
That's very true, and great advice ...but... I highly doubt anyone is using this site as a professional portfolio option.
Unless they're doing online hentai commissions or something.

Yeah true.

Probably not gonna get that job. But the site might get a new user! Haha!!

XD of course, watching hentai on this site is way too hard to resist the temptation.

BBS Signature

Response to Deleting art under 3 stars 2014-09-23 21:37:31

I'd you really want to improve and be able to track your progress, I recommend starting a personal art thread here in the forum where you can receive feedback and post works in progress as well as mediocre works that don't belong in your gallery proper.

Response to Deleting art under 3 stars 2014-09-23 23:21:08

Don't focus too much on the score. If you have art that got 5 stars and you're not satisfied with the quality, then do better. Learn from your last piece and improve. You CAN delete it, but I find you can see what you need to work on a little better when others can too.

Response to Deleting art under 3 stars 2014-09-24 02:33:39

out with the old in with the new...

possibly. but at the sametime a personal archive is a great thing for an artist to have.

It also very much depends on how YOU feel about them.

Dont worry about things like scores, they are silly and dont reflect actual worth

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature