00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

eCPM bug(? 2014-09-20 12:52:55

Check this eCPM$933,33
I know that usually when a game have a low number of impressions the eCPM is high but I never seen $933,33 is just like a bug (???? I win like 1$ for impression xD! sadly I just had 3 lol. but is strange...

PS: sorry if this is not the place to post this o.O

eCPM bug(?

BBS Signature

Response to eCPM bug(? 2014-09-20 14:51:29

At 9/20/14 12:52 PM, Lenke wrote: Check this eCPM$933,33
I know that usually when a game have a low number of impressions the eCPM is high but I never seen $933,33 is just like a bug (???? I win like 1$ for impression xD! sadly I just had 3 lol. but is strange...

PS: sorry if this is not the place to post this o.O

Pretty sure it's leftover money that wasn't calculated in previous days being dumped into a single day.

Response to eCPM bug(? 2014-09-21 23:53:57

You've only had 3 impressions but they earned $2.80. Your eCPM is super high because you got a high-pay ad and somebody probably clicked it or otherwise interacted with the add pushing the revenue up for that specific impression. An eCPM number is a combination of a few different add revenue types. You can read more here averaged out per 1000 impressions.

Therefore, the average per 1000 is going to be skewed very high. You don't yet have enough impressions to get a more reasonable estimation of what that page is going to earn for you.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to eCPM bug(? 2014-09-22 10:04:13

At 9/21/14 11:53 PM, Malachy wrote: You've only had 3 impressions but they earned $2.80. Your eCPM is super high because you got a high-pay ad and somebody probably clicked it or otherwise interacted with the add pushing the revenue up for that specific impression. An eCPM number is a combination of a few different add revenue types. You can read more here averaged out per 1000 impressions.

Therefore, the average per 1000 is going to be skewed very high. You don't yet have enough impressions to get a more reasonable estimation of what that page is going to earn for you.

What he said.

Basically, if you take your CPM (cost per 1000 impressions), 933.33... divide that by 1000 you get 0.93333, which is your average cost per 1 impression. multiply that by the 3 views you have and you get $2.79999. Round to the next highest penny and you see your stats are perfectly accurate and this is not a bug. Get more impressions and you'll see a more realistic average.

Response to eCPM bug(? 2014-09-22 16:50:39

Yes, I know it was not a bug at all I just wanted to commented it,because of the highest eCPM i see was like $30 and well just to check if that was right. :)

BBS Signature