00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Unsure of my mix...too much bass??

1,104 Views | 2 Replies

Hi!
I'm unsure whether there's too much bass (guitar) in the mix on this track I did. I've tested this on 2 different monitor setups and 2 different headphones. Each pair of monitors gave me a different result. The bass seemed to be more noticeable/overbearing on the headphones.

Skip to 25 seconds in:

Appreciate your thoughts.

Response to Unsure of my mix...too much bass?? 2014-09-18 14:44:31

At 9/18/14 12:20 PM, DSykMusic wrote: Hi!
I'm unsure whether there's too much bass (guitar) in the mix on this track I did. I've tested this on 2 different monitor setups and 2 different headphones. Each pair of monitors gave me a different result. The bass seemed to be more noticeable/overbearing on the headphones.

Skip to 25 seconds in:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/587345
Appreciate your thoughts.

What headphones and monitors are you using?

In any case, the bass is heavier, but it's not particularly muddy so it's a matter of preference whether or not there's too much of it. Most monitors and headphones will give you slightly different audio results and that's okay. What matters is which point of reference do you mix best with, and which one gives you the best representation of the target medium? For example, mixing out of full size monitors may or may not accurately represent what a song would end up sounding like coming out of an iPhone. Stuff like that changes the decisions you make for the final mixdown.

Response to Unsure of my mix...too much bass?? 2014-09-18 15:24:53

If you wish to advertise or get feedback on your audio, please use the threads linked below:
Audio Advertisement thread.

Work in Progress Advice Thread.

Review Request Club.

Review for Review Thread.
Please note when using the Review for Review thread, you MUST review the most recently posted song before requesting a review for your own.

If you are looking to advertise your album, please be aware that we do have some Guidelines that must be met. If your album thread was deleted, you, or your thread, did not meet those guidelines.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature