00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BWWAA-LORD-OF-DUCKS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Naruto Abridged test

461 Views | 10 Replies

Naruto Abridged test 2014-09-14 17:12:28

Hey guys my name is Jon and I'm a student filmmaker. I recently just finished a video as a test for trying to make a "Naruto Shippuuden Abridged" series, and am testing the waters to see if it's well received.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9imLdFS1Kk&feature=youtu.be

If it gets enough good feedback, I'm considering starting an abridged series for Naruto Shippuuden. Let me know what you guys think! (It was my first time, so... Be gentle :3 )

Response to Naruto Abridged test 2014-09-14 19:56:52

Voice acting was decent. Humor was subpar, but there was still humor.

If you're a film student, shouldn't you be making...films? This was more like a slideshow with five-second .gifs

Response to Naruto Abridged test 2014-09-14 22:14:42

At 9/14/14 07:56 PM, CiviLies wrote: Voice acting was decent. Humor was subpar, but there was still humor.

If you're a film student, shouldn't you be making...films? This was more like a slideshow with five-second .gifs

Umm yeah I'm making a ton of films but the most important thing about being a filmmaker is networking. I have tons of little side projects to help give me experience, credibility, and to help diversify my portfolio.

I actually have had success in international film festivals before, when I was 18 a script I wrote became a finalist in the Wildsound September 2010 International screenwriting contest as a part of the Toronto film festival.

So yeah, I appreciate the honesty but don't patronize people for doing what they love.

Response to Naruto Abridged test 2014-09-14 22:38:02

At 9/14/14 10:14 PM, JKG1069 wrote:
At 9/14/14 07:56 PM, CiviLies wrote: If you're a film student, shouldn't you be making...films? This was more like a slideshow with five-second .gifs
So yeah, I appreciate the honesty

Get used to it.

Response to Naruto Abridged test 2014-09-14 22:47:55

At 9/14/14 10:38 PM, NGPulp wrote:
At 9/14/14 07:56 PM, CiviLies wrote: If you're a film student, shouldn't you be making...films? This was more like a slideshow with five-second .gifs
Get used to it.

Wow the Newgrounds community has just turned into a collection of trolls and douche bags, huh? That's cool, I'll take my success elsewhere and find other people to help with the project that don't spend their time talking shit to people on the internet.

Response to Naruto Abridged test 2014-09-14 22:52:43

Here's a tip: Don't use footage that contains subtitles unless they're relevant to the joke, ya dummy.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Naruto Abridged test 2014-09-14 22:59:51

At 9/14/14 07:56 PM, CiviLies wrote: Voice acting was decent. Humor was subpar, but there was still humor.

Umm yeah I'm making a ton of films but the most important thing about being a filmmaker is networking. I have tons of little side projects to help give me experience, credibility, and to help diversify my portfolio.

I actually have had success in international film festivals before, when I was 18 a script I wrote became a finalist in the Wildsound September 2010 International screenwriting contest as a part of the Toronto film festival.

So yeah, I appreciate the honesty but don't patronize people for doing what they love.

I wasn't trying to patronize you, I just felt like...I don't know, you had more to show for than that little clip? And apparently you do, with your "success in international film festivals". It just seemed amateur-ish to me, and I felt like with this being a school project, there was more you could have done? But hey, if it earns you an A and that much-needed networking, then I suppose that's all that matters.

Response to Naruto Abridged test 2014-09-14 22:59:59

At 9/14/14 10:47 PM, JKG1069 wrote:
Get used to it.
Wow the Newgrounds community has just turned into a collection of trolls and douche bags, huh?

What? No.

I guess I should elaborate.

In order to become successful, one must take criticism; the ones that are well written, at least-- regardless if they're negative or positive. You should take their points and use it to improve upon your work.

You'll get nowhere if you hang around people who are full of shit who constantly blindly praise/hate your work without elaborating why.

Newgrounds is full of good critics.
They usually elaborate, sometimes they're harsh, sometimes they sugarcoat it a bit-- but at least you get quality feedback.

Get used to that type of honest criticism and you will grow as an artist-- was what I meant.

Response to Naruto Abridged test 2014-09-14 23:44:38

At 9/14/14 10:59 PM, NGPulp wrote:
At 9/14/14 10:47 PM, JKG1069 wrote:
Get used to it.
Wow the Newgrounds community has just turned into a collection of trolls and douche bags, huh?
What? No.

I guess I should elaborate.

In order to become successful, one must take criticism; the ones that are well written, at least-- regardless if they're negative or positive. You should take their points and use it to improve upon your work.

You'll get nowhere if you hang around people who are full of shit who constantly blindly praise/hate your work without elaborating why.

Newgrounds is full of good critics.
They usually elaborate, sometimes they're harsh, sometimes they sugarcoat it a bit-- but at least you get quality feedback.

Get used to that type of honest criticism and you will grow as an artist-- was what I meant.

Oh okay, I misunderstood you then. When I said "I appreciate your honesty" I really meant it because I want to hear the criticism, I just didn't respond well to the other comment he made. Trust me, I am in a field FULL of rejection and criticism so I am open to any opinion and suggestions... Otherwise I wouldn't be a film major. Haha.

But yeah, I apologize for being presumptuous, I was just in a shitty mood. Haha

Response to Naruto Abridged test 2014-09-14 23:46:44

At 9/14/14 10:59 PM, CiviLies wrote:

I wasn't trying to patronize you, I just felt like...I don't know, you had more to show for than that little clip? And apparently you do, with your "success in international film festivals". It just seemed amateur-ish to me, and I felt like with this being a school project, there was more you could have done? But hey, if it earns you an A and that much-needed networking, then I suppose that's all that matters.

Oh yeah I only spent two days on this, it was a test to see if I could do an abridged style video. My intent was to see if people responded to it, and then proceed from there. It's a HUGE commitment to start a youtube series like that, so I didn't want to spend weeks on a 10 minute video only to find out it's not good enough. But yeah, I have a lot more in the works for it

Response to Naruto Abridged test 2014-09-15 00:01:50

We already have a Naruto Abridged series. And I think this one sums it up pretty well.

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature