00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Refuce just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cliches on Youtube

2,374 Views | 29 Replies

Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-13 18:26:50

There's a LOT of cliches on youtube, I mean, A LOT. There's the screaming let's players, dumbshits commenting "FIRST!" and someone replied "to be insert words here" or "BLUE SHELL!." And there's fricking AMV (animated music video), PMV (Pony music video) I barely minded that, and there's the laziest remixes which spread youtube like wildfire like Nightcore/Anti-Nightcore, and to make a nightcore video is increase the pitch from a song and plant some generic anime wallpaper in the video. Anti-nightcore is pretty much the same except decrease the pitch. And then there's an endless amount of MC videos, which is pretty much the same (oh boy, here they come). *Flame shields up*

Ok, what are your cliches which you're getting sick of?

And the image is an example of a cliche

Cliches on Youtube

Time to bust a move and get it started. Time's wastin'.

-Mace 2.0

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-13 18:44:11

Those kids just want to be cool like us. I don't blame them.

BBS Signature

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-13 18:52:45

At 9/13/14 06:44 PM, Magical-Zorse wrote: Those kids just want to be cool like us. I don't blame them.

2Kewl4Skewl?

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-13 18:54:57

The only way to make most of it in some way bareable is to be watching said videos getting riffed on by people who actually understand what to do in videos. It still doesn't make it good though.

The single biggest "cliches" on youtube is that the viewers as a majority are absolute idiots that are easily amused by the lowest forms of entertainment value, also the equally idiotic and again majority of people who go on it to whine at people. As it is all the shit that gets popular due to the viewers. All we can do is continue to actually be decent people who need at least some level of worth to be satisfied and hope to at least keep our minority good enough to mention without feeling an urge to kill yourself.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-13 18:59:13

The whole "play scary or non scary game with face cam and scream like an idiot" cliche.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-13 19:30:44

You know, there may be a lot of complaints about NG's community thrown around, but I think we can all thank God that we're not YouTube. That's one of the few good things about NG's popularity decline--we have less kicking and screaming children to worry about. Granted our community still wasn't as stupid as YouTube's back in NG's hayday, but hey, I'd rather a small NG with no small children than a massive NG with all sorts of kids making stupid comments.

Again, granted that not all kids are immature, and our community is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from perfect, I think we can all still agree with a sigh a relief that we should be happy we aren't YouTube.

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-13 19:33:45

At 9/13/14 06:59 PM, SmartyPants wrote: The whole "play scary or non scary game with face cam and scream like an idiot" cliche.

Yeah. Everyone is familiar with that guy...

-Mace 2.0

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-13 19:47:27

When users put annotations on the video that demand the viewer subscribe, like, or visit their channel.

Heeeey!

BBS Signature

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-13 20:02:02

the self righteous asshole who comments in the middle of a argument to tell the guys who are arguing to shut the fuck, thinking it will make a difference because they don't know how the scroll down and ignore the argument cliché.

the idiot who see's the title of the video is something there probably not going to like and watches iit anyway cliché.

the edgy cliché.

racism cliché.

pewdiepie, smosh, and alot of lets player cliche

BBS Signature

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-13 23:56:57

HEY GUYS IT'S YOUR BOY (insert generic username with a series of numbers at the end of it). TODAY I'M GOING TO DO A LET'S PLAY OF (insert game name here), BUT FIRST I'M GOING TO TAKE TEN FUCKING MINUTES TO EXPLAIN WHY I NEED TO MAKE THIS VIDEO SHORT. DON'T FORGET TO RATE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE AND CLICK THE LINK IN THE DESCPRIPTION TO SEE MY UNBOXING VIDEO.

BBS Signature

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-14 00:32:57

Trying to say your username in a super cool awesome way as if you were a famous youtuber. Shut up kid, you have 2 subscribers and one of them is your little brother.

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-14 03:02:10

Pretty much any of the done-to-death Internet meme stuff that for some reason people on the Internet "know" is true.

le funnay Chuck Norris joke hurr hurr hurr!

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-14 03:09:08

At 9/14/14 03:02 AM, NeonSpider wrote: Chuck Norris joke hurr hurr hurr!

That's still a thing?

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-14 04:23:41

Some of these are most likley dead but:

░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Bob is building an reddit army.
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ ☻/ This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████]. /▌ Copy and Paste this all over
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤.. / \ Youtube if you are with us

Cop: Sir someone died from a wrecking ball
Well I guess you could say
(•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
He got wrecked
YEEAAAHHHHHH!!!

Don't forget to like comment and subscribe....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ1dYrjuYf4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1QyDhLj5hU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vJiSSAMNWw

And the list goes on.

Some of these things I actually liked though

Retired ytpmv'r (for like two vids) Am I not welcomed here 3:

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-14 06:22:27

Well, being one of the more mainstream sites, you should all know that originality is not a thing familiar to their demographic-- comprising mostly of children, teenagers and man-children.

But it all depends on the corner of YouTube you go to, really.

I've found videos that are truly original works and the comments section isn't a complete disaster.
Hell, pirated uploads have more well-behaved comment sections than original uploads at times.

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-14 06:54:37

The "I'm 14 I was born in the wrong generation!!" comments prevalent on popular classic rock song videos. Those fuckwads wouldn't last a day in the 70s and judging a whole time period on what overplayed music people listen to is just about the stupidest fucking thing ever.

BBS Signature

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-14 07:49:49

Oh i got one.

"UURRR GAMES MAKES ME ANGRAAAY (Lots of anger screams and yells infront of the cam to make a comedic effect)"

There you have it

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-14 13:54:07

So, I posted the same thing via DeviantArt, and they also have a grudge on youtube's cliches.

☺=Stupid Youtube Comments
☻=Overused music

Facecam
☻009 Sound System
Little Kids
Long Intros
Minecraft
☺"FIRST!"
Rip-offs
Screaming idiots
Ad points
annotations (unnesscesary ones)
unboxing videos
SO. MANY. CHANNELS
Overused ideas
☻Dubstep
☺Usernames named after fictional or non-fictional characters
AMV/PMV
Nightcore
React videos
Jump Cuts
☻☺Darude Sandstorm (I blame LoL player, TheOddOne for re-spreading this like wildfire)
☺[number of dislikes] are [stupid shit, here]
Terrible Rants
☺Bob's army

So, which ones are the worst

-Mace 2.0

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-14 15:15:30

The tutorial guy who stutters between every word, skips steps, and doesn't edit out his mistakes.
The female who actually makes good content but her fanbase is all white knights so if you criticize a single one of her videos you will never hear the end of it.
Videos with interesting thumbnails or titles which turn out to be some asshole's vlog.
No-commentary gameplay videos that are 10 minutes or less, and most of the video is just the player shuffling through menus and watching the introductory cutscene.
Unprovoked Call of Duty bashing is the worst.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-14 20:32:28

If ever somehow make videos for Youtube I would never say like and subscribe.
I'd just finish with, "Yeah, I'm out."

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-15 15:11:08

At 9/14/14 11:20 PM, K1LL80Y wrote:
At 9/14/14 03:15 PM, Chdonga wrote:
Can we just talk about this? Because, I am also annoyed with this.

did you know the definition of Insanity?

-Mace 2.0

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-15 19:32:02

At 9/15/14 03:11 PM, DCXME01 wrote:

Well, considering Infinity Ward is expecting the same results it's not really insanity. It's just them maintaining the status quo. Since their target audience is obsessed with buying what's new, they have to release a new game every year or they risk losing their fanbase.
I don't understand why Pokemon, Mario, Assassin's Creed, etc gets a new title every year and nobody bats an eye, but when a new Call of Duty game is announced, there's a shitstorm the size of Katrina.

I don't even play Call of Duty. I'm just confused about where this searing hatred comes from.

BBS Signature

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-16 13:36:57

At 9/15/14 07:32 PM, Chdonga wrote:
I don't even play Call of Duty. I'm just confused about where this searing hatred comes from.

The Swag infection, trickshots, quickscopes, 360 throwing knife shots... THAT stupid shit remind you of anything?

-Mace 2.0

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-16 17:28:32

At 9/16/14 01:36 PM, DCXME01 wrote:
The Swag infection, trickshots, quickscopes, 360 throwing knife shots... THAT stupid shit remind you of anything?

MLG montages aren't hurting anyone. Every game has its share of obnoxious fans, and they can easily be ignored.

BBS Signature

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-16 17:59:31

At 9/15/14 03:11 PM, DCXME01 wrote:
Well, considering Infinity Ward is expecting the same results it's not really insanity. It's just them maintaining the status quo. Since their target audience is obsessed with buying what's new, they have to release a new game every year or they risk losing their fanbase.
I don't understand why Pokemon, Mario, Assassin's Creed, etc gets a new title every year and nobody bats an eye, but when a new Call of Duty game is announced, there's a shitstorm the size of Katrina.

But those games are actually filled with new content instead of the same old crap over and over .
Eventually its just them changing the graphics , continuing the same horrible story and adding a few maps which for other games is just basic DLC .

Steam |

Yes i do like mudkips

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-16 18:39:39

At 9/13/14 06:59 PM, SmartyPants wrote: The whole "play scary or non scary game with face cam and scream like an idiot" cliche.

So pewdiepie basically

"who are you to decide what is right and wrong? where do you draw that line?"

BBS Signature

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-16 19:28:08

At 9/16/14 05:59 PM, Inplosion wrote: But those games are actually filled with new content instead of the same old crap over and over .
Eventually its just them changing the graphics , continuing the same horrible story and adding a few maps which for other games is just basic DLC .

Aside from improving the graphics, new mechanics get introduced, they get a new single player campaign, new weapons, new maps, and usually a new gameplay mode gets added. Even if you don't like it, it's new content nonetheless.
Personally, I think selling key features as DLC is even more crooked than releasing an annual title. Last thing we should be doing is encouraging developers to release DLC.

BBS Signature

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-30 21:31:28

REPLY GIRLS OMG!

"Hey GUISE IT'S ME UTUBEWHORE6969 HERE AND TODAY I'LL SHOW YOU A STUPID RESPONSE I MADE FOR SMOSH'Z VIDEO ON MAKAND IEUP 4 MEN WHICH IZ A GREAT VIDYA AND I'D RECUMMEND WATCHING DAT VIDOE AND SHOWEN MY BOOBS ON THE CAMERA N NO I'LL NAWT STRIP 4 U BECUZ IT'S 2 HOT 4 UTUBE N U PERVERTS OUT THERE!"

I'm getting really sick of these kinds of sheeple.

"let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself" - FDR

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-30 23:50:59

How to be a generic youtuber gamer script:
"Hi everybody, my name's (YOUTUBE USERNAME) and today I'm going to be showing you/how to (DO RELATED TASK FROM TITLE). If you liked this video please go ahead and give a like and a subscribe to my channel for more awesome (GAME NAME OR JUST 'GAMING') videos.

Now let's get started...(INSERT CONTENT OF VIDEO)

...And that's how you do it. I hope you all liked this video and if you did please drop a like there and subscribe to my channel for more (GAME CONTENT NAME) videos. I am (YOUTUBE USERNAME) and (INSERT FAREWELL CLOSING)"

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Cliches on Youtube 2014-09-30 23:58:04

At 9/30/14 11:50 PM, Boomstick wrote: How to be a generic youtuber gamer script:
"Hi everybody, my name's (YOUTUBE USERNAME) and today I'm going to be showing you/how to (DO RELATED TASK FROM TITLE). If you liked this video please go ahead and give a like and a subscribe to my channel for more awesome (GAME NAME OR JUST 'GAMING') videos.

Seems legit. But the list is now closed. I already finished the list, last week.
which is Right here

-Mace 2.0