00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dreams and Dogs

444 Views | 6 Replies

Dreams and Dogs 2014-09-13 08:47:36

I don't remember my dreams very often, in fact the event is rare. Today however I had the same dream, twice. If anyone knows the significance of this dream let me know, I've done some research but for the most part is inconclusive.

As far as the dream is concerned, what I remember went as follows-----

(surrounded by trees on a paved surface leading to a rocky path, everything is a shade of grey)

I'm halfway across a small stone bridge, looks to be man-made and modern. I begin to walk forwards when something ahead comes out from behind the bridge guard-rail. A large dog, a commander greyhound, stands half exposed from behind the guard-rail staring directly into my eyes.

I start to feel terrified and I wake up (1:43am)

Later I nod back to sleep (7:05am)

I'm now standing in directly front of this large dog. I'm about to turn and run away when it starts to move it's head in an unusual fashion; a crude figure eight.

I start to turn and run back across the bridge in the other direction, but wake before my second step lands. (8:30am)

Now, what research I've done has led me to believe this is supposed to be a good dream. From what I understand, it means I will be heading towards stability in my life but I need to work on what needs to be done before I get there. Problem being is, I Just have no idea why I was so terrified of the dog.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know, I've attached a picture of the closest thing I could find to how to dog looked in my dream, the only difference form this photo is that it wasn't leashed and you could not see its rear half.

Dreams and Dogs

I'm not sure what this is used for but I would guess it has something to do with the game? and you losing? right?

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams and Dogs 2014-09-13 09:56:30

My guess is it's as simple as you're just scared of dogs or had a traumatic experience with a dog at some point. No symbolic anything -- the dog represents a dog.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Dreams and Dogs 2014-09-13 10:04:01

A dog guarding something usually means you need to protect yourself from something.

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams and Dogs 2014-09-13 10:53:18

At 9/13/14 08:47 AM, PixelDragon wrote: I start to feel terrified and I wake up (1:43am)

You were up for FIVE HOURS?! Dude, that was a bad dream!

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Dreams and Dogs 2014-09-13 13:02:29

At 9/13/14 09:56 AM, NeonSpider wrote: My guess is it's as simple as you're just scared of dogs or had a traumatic experience with a dog at some point. No symbolic anything -- the dog represents a dog.

Sorry im not scared of dogs at all, I've had a rot/chow mix, a long haired terrier and currently have a basset hound

I'm not sure what this is used for but I would guess it has something to do with the game? and you losing? right?

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams and Dogs 2014-09-13 13:03:57

At 9/13/14 10:53 AM, Ericho wrote:
At 9/13/14 08:47 AM, PixelDragon wrote: I start to feel terrified and I wake up (1:43am)

You were up for FIVE HOURS?! Dude, that was a bad dream!

I had been asleep since nine that night, so it's not that unusual

BBS Signature

Response to Dreams and Dogs 2014-09-13 13:06:22

At 9/13/14 10:04 AM, FinaLee wrote: A dog guarding something usually means you need to protect yourself from something.

Makes sense. While I don't think it was guarding something, so much as staring into my soul.

I am in the middle of moving, all of my things are at the new place with my new roommate, so maybe I'm worried about him running off with my stuff?

BBS Signature