00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

knehzoo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Thread Question 2014-09-11 00:24:14

I know that Wegra and Lich made similar topics (as well as some other users), but I have a really thought out and detailed idea for a BBS user battle that is very different from what I've seen in the search bar.

It's going to be an annual battle competition, and it will involve 8 different battle stages. (the stages will change every year)

Can I have a mod's permission to post it? It involves using a modified sport team competition knockout chart, which is below.

Thread Question

Response to Thread Question 2014-09-11 06:32:38

I don't think you need a mod's permission to post it ...
... but I have no idea what I'm looking at, since you haven't mentioned what participants are meant to do. Do you have more details?

BBS Signature

Response to Thread Question 2014-09-11 06:48:50

At 9/11/14 06:34 AM, SwisherCovent wrote: You just lost round 1... somehow.

='(

BBS Signature

Response to Thread Question 2014-09-11 11:34:45

At 9/11/14 06:32 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I don't think you need a mod's permission to post it ...
... but I have no idea what I'm looking at, since you haven't mentioned what participants are meant to do. Do you have more details?

Here is the entire post. The thread is going to be in the general forum.

Who would win, based on our user icons alone? (I know that there are similar threads like this, but mine is the only one that really gives the user icons of Newgrounds users a fighting chance, regardless of the user in question)

In order to settle that once and for all, I need to find out who would win in terms of the physical fighting power the user icons possess.

Anyone can join, but there's a maximum of 32 fighters. If the list is full then you may register as a spectator. Spectators can only participate by throwing useful stuff to the fighter of their choice.

Those 32 users (represented by their user icons) will face off on 1-on-1 battles with each other.

They can use their level icons as an optional weapon.

Whoever comes up on top of the battle competition will be crowned "Badass of the Year".

There are 8 different battle locations, not counting the secret final area (the final boss is not a NG user). They are:

The Space Zone (antigravity and full of space-based hazards)

The Dessert Zone (sweet tooth paradise and has cavities trying to attack you)

The Graveyard Zone (full of zombies and Halloween rejects)

The Tropical Island Zone (full of fruit smoothies, lush vegetation, pirates, and mermaids)

The Cloud Zone (full of storms, rainbows, and flying monkeys)

The TRON Zone (do I really have to explain what this place looks like?)

The Underwater Trench Zone (the home of several Lovecraftian monsters)

The Glitzville Zone (contains enemies from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door)

In any of the battle locations, you may find yourself battling more than just another user, so even if you beat your registered opponent, you must still defeat any nearby enemies before you continue on to the next round.

Every time you win a round, you get to pick where your next battle will take place. If the place you've picked doesn't have a Newgrounds user to battle, you must still defeat all of the enemies in that given zone.

THE RULES

1.) Cheating devices are not allowed (the Dragon Balls are classified as a cheating device).

2.) Treat everyone as you would treat yourself. (when not in battle)

3.) Don't become so overpowered that any of your resulting battles becomes ridiculously easy for you.

4.) If you are a supporter, a moderator, or a staff member and want to join the battle, then you get the V.I.P. treatment of selecting the minion army of your choice.

5.) Have fun! This is just a friendly competition, so there's no need to get all bent out of shape if you lose.

Below is the chart that the battle competition will go by. You may use the art program of your choosing for this challenge.

Response to Thread Question 2014-09-11 11:40:50

At 9/11/14 10:34 AM, SCTE3 wrote: You don't need to ask us for permission, but would be nice if explained how the battles would work before you make the thread.

Here you go.

Response to Thread Question 2014-09-11 13:27:43

At 9/11/14 11:34 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: Here is the entire post. The thread is going to be in the general forum.

... well, you've gone ahead and made the thread anyway, so I don't have to bother trying to understand it.
:))))))))))))))))

BBS Signature

Response to Thread Question 2014-09-11 15:25:26

At 9/11/14 11:34 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: 1.) Cheating devices are not allowed (the Dragon Balls are classified as a cheating device).

Still mad about what happened to you in the Hoeboating expedition?

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature