00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Were any "Power Rangers" good

1,053 Views | 24 Replies

Were any "Power Rangers" good 2014-09-10 23:48:23

Throughout all of the power rangers series, were any of the shows actually good.

Response to Were any "Power Rangers" good 2014-09-10 23:51:14

A group of teenagers wearing silly suits, fighting aliens with martial arts and giant mechs.

You tell me.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Were any "Power Rangers" good 2014-09-10 23:51:17

Throughout all of the power rangers series, were any of the shows actually good.

The first one was the shit! Main reason was during the intro, the Black Power Ranger (Who is actually black, how fucked up is that??) would do this like standing worm dance move. It made me laugh everytime! But no seriously the one with Tommy (I think?) as the Red Ranger was the best to me. Good times.

"I'll never understand this society, first they tried to murder me, then they lied to me, product of a drying breed."

-2Pac

BBS Signature

Response to Were any "Power Rangers" good 2014-09-10 23:55:41

Those who do not learn from the mistakes of their past are doomed to repeat them.

Response to Were any "Power Rangers" good 2014-09-11 00:06:03

Power Rangers In Space actually truly felt like a Sci-Fi series rather than a "action show for kids with aliens in it"

LORD OF CHEESEBURGERS mobile coming soon, ya little yentas

BBS Signature

Response to Were any "Power Rangers" good 2014-09-11 00:09:42

Mighty Morphin was good, and Space Rangers or whatever. Those were the only ones I personally watched

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Were any "Power Rangers" good 2014-09-11 00:54:16

lol God no, it wasn't, but I loved Power Rangers during my early childhood. Though at that time, I also liked drinking chocolate syrup, running outside with a pot helmet and cheese grater gauntlets, bringing worms and spiders into the house, and mixing random stuff from the medicine cabinet in the bathroom sink to make "potions".

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Were any "Power Rangers" good 2014-09-11 00:57:50

At 9/10/14 11:51 PM, lofi69 wrote:
But no seriously the one with Tommy (I think?) as the Red Ranger was the best to me. Good times.

Tommy was the green ranger, bro. Then he became the white ranger.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Were any "Power Rangers" good 2014-09-11 01:07:15

At 9/10/14 11:48 PM, omega88x wrote: Throughout all of the power rangers series, were any of the shows actually good.

Actually, the first series of power rangers was great. The reason they suck now they revamped it with a bunch of cartoony effects and other crap.

The latest series had potential, just they samurai just gave too much, too soon, too often. I swear, every episode, "zomg, here is new zord or ability."

The first movie pretty good as well. Just series after Tommy being the green/white ranger, just boring.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Were any "Power Rangers" good 2014-09-11 01:34:38

Never liked the Power Rangers. Always thought the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were cooler. Actually got into an argument at school over which was better. He told me that the Power Rangers were better because it was more realistic. I believe that was the first time my mind was blown over something so stupid.

Response to Were any "Power Rangers" good 2014-09-11 04:38:34

the only thing I remember about mighty morphin power rangers as a kid was the theme song and the megazord, other than that I really didnt watch it, especially when cartoons like batman were playing on sky one and such

BBS Signature

Response to Were any "Power Rangers" good 2014-09-11 05:04:47

I used to watch Power Rangers from the very beginning, up to the end of the Lord Zed series, quite regularly in my childhood.

I never seen any of the movies, or new series, since.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Were any "Power Rangers" good 2014-09-11 05:16:26

Yeah, it was called Ronin Warriors...and where it lacked in Megazords it made up for homosexual tension.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Were any "Power Rangers" good 2014-09-11 05:22:47

None of the Power Rangers shows were any good except in a "so bad it's good" kind of way.

Also it's pretty much a bad ripoff of Voltron anyway. Same number of heroes. Same color suits. Red is leader. Pink is girl. Hero mechs combine to make a giant mech. Cat mechs.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Were any "Power Rangers" good 2014-09-11 05:41:57

At 9/11/14 12:54 AM, Sense-Offender wrote:

:mixing random stuff from the medicine cabinet in the bathroom sink to make "potions".

Did you drink said potions, and what effects had they.

Also no, not a single power ranger show were good. Enjoyable for kids, but not good.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Were any "Power Rangers" good 2014-09-11 10:10:31

Response to Were any "Power Rangers" good 2014-09-11 10:37:29

At 9/11/14 05:41 AM, Mismo wrote:
At 9/11/14 12:54 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: mixing random stuff from the medicine cabinet in the bathroom sink to make "potions".
Did you drink said potions, and what effects had they.

Well, I'm still alive to type this, so no. haha I'm not Geralt of Rivia.

Also no, not a single power ranger show were good. Enjoyable for kids, but not good.

Yeah, not everything we watched as children is watchable now. I used to hang around this one Livestream/Mogulus channel that showed anime and the occasional MST3K, but they'd also show old Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers episodes as well as Kamen Rider and I didn't have the patience to stick around when they did that.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Were any "Power Rangers" good 2014-09-11 11:12:57

The first 3 series were good but since then, shit!

Response to Were any "Power Rangers" good 2014-09-11 19:23:48

Tommy was the green ranger, bro. Then he became the white ranger.

Yeah my bad, I've been out of the Power Range game for a while lol.

"I'll never understand this society, first they tried to murder me, then they lied to me, product of a drying breed."

-2Pac

BBS Signature

Response to Were any "Power Rangers" good 2014-09-11 19:30:00

I loved power rangers as a kid . First season is not as cheesy as the newer spin offs .

I use to walk home from 9th grade and see kids role playing power rangers and play Pokemon flips back in the 90th.

Now kids play COD and stuff and stay home all day

Response to Were any "Power Rangers" good 2014-09-11 20:07:37

Three words: Jason Davd Frank.

BBS Signature

Response to Were any "Power Rangers" good 2014-09-11 23:59:33

Depends on what your definition of "good" is. I personally think the first like 4 series were good. But it took a massive plummet after that. Not saything they're unwatchable or anything. But they just never caught my interest after that.

also, the Green Ranger was the best ranger. Don't care how awesome Saba was.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Were any "Power Rangers" good 2014-09-12 12:41:18

At 9/12/14 12:04 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: I enjoyed them about 19 years ago but I imagine they haven't aged well

It really hasn't. The monsters they fought look as ridiculous as a lot of Godzilla enemies do. They look clumsy and poorly put together. And its painfully obvious that they're wearing costumes and looks like they used almost no money making them.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Were any "Power Rangers" good 2014-09-12 12:44:11

I never liked any of the shows myself. Even as a child they were boring.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Were any "Power Rangers" good 2014-09-12 13:50:27

At 9/12/14 12:44 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: I never liked any of the shows myself. Even as a child they were boring.

Sounds like you had taste. I only ever watched a couple episodes because my brother was bugging me to watch just to see how bad it was back when I was younger. He was right. It was pretty bad.

"Power Rangers" and "good" and you really have to question someone's taste.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here