00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Textbooks

651 Views | 20 Replies

Textbooks 2014-09-09 04:52:19

What textbooks do you guys have for school? How many and how big?

I have to carry two of these around. The other two stay home.

Textbooks

fuk

BBS Signature

Response to Textbooks 2014-09-09 04:54:35

I just need one.

THE NECRONOMICON.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Textbooks 2014-09-09 05:57:52

I don't have any textbooks. The only textbooks I use stay in the classroom.

BBS Signature

Response to Textbooks 2014-09-09 06:05:06

At 9/9/14 04:52 AM, Nickisabi wrote: What textbooks do you guys have for school? How many and how big?

Science, math, portuguese, french, chemistry/physics, english, geography and a weird class where we have to build stuff with wood and nails and use saws and shit like that. So it's about 2 books for each class (main book and excercise book) sooooooooooooo... 8x2=16 so i have about 16 books, each is about half as big as one of those and i usually need to take 4-8 books every day.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Textbooks 2014-09-09 06:16:15

At 9/9/14 06:02 AM, NippleManOfMilk wrote: You have united states history and america's history? Is our history really THAT important? Because I don't know, just... SHEESH.

The history books are for the same class. One is for nightly reading and the other is for AP test studying.

It's a bitch.

fuk

BBS Signature

Response to Textbooks 2014-09-09 06:18:35

This one is actually 1/5 worth mentioning.

Textbooks

This signature will actually not appear at the bottom of this post.

Response to Textbooks 2014-09-09 06:23:28

There were some suggested textbooks for reference for each course but we mostly used the lecture notes provided by the instructors.

Honestly, I did not find a lot of them all that illuminating.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Textbooks 2014-09-09 06:49:56

Uhh, I got seven of them: development of identity and studentguidance, the teacher's guidebook, practical research in schools, English phrasal verbs in use: advanced, expert proficiency coursebook, practical English usage, and study of language.

Words words words. Lots of words.

Is this the edit button?

Response to Textbooks 2014-09-09 07:06:49

Virtual: Basic Electronics, HTML/CSS, and Plant Biology
Physical: C Programming and Plant Biology Lab Manual

I feel bad for anyone who actually bought their books from the campus book store. Most books can be found online. Those that can't can be bought from Amazon (older edition) for 10% of the price of a new book.

It's also easier to carry around a laptop than it is to lug around different books which you probably won't actually use during class. Which reminds me... I feel sorry for anyone who buys the book before classes start. Many professors never even refer to the book. They are just required to select one because it's a good way for the school to make money.

Response to Textbooks 2014-09-09 07:28:45

Let's just say I developed quite the back muscles from carrying around tons of large books in my backpack all the time back when I was in university. There wasn't really any time to swap out books between classes, so it was pretty much carry all books for all classes needed that day for the entire day + walk all over campus to all my classes.

Scheduling was bad enough you pretty much just take whatever courses you needed that you could get, screw if it was "good/bad" timing. Because it was either that or miss out on classes that weren't offered every year but which you needed to graduate/etc...

That "freshman 15" is a myth as far as I'm concerned because instead of gaining weight, I lost weight from all of that.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Textbooks 2014-09-09 08:06:03

I gotta carry about 8-9 of those puppies, plus notebooks.
Good thing they're all less than 2 inches thick and in paperback.

Response to Textbooks 2014-09-09 15:54:08

I don't use textbooks, my classes use online books that are available for a subscription.

BBS Signature

Response to Textbooks 2014-09-10 08:32:40

Ive been buying up textbooks just for recreational reading for my degree! i'll post pics soon.

Response to Textbooks 2014-09-10 08:39:30

I used to have two textbooks for my PLC and Basic Foundations class. Then, I finished those classes and sold both books and made $80.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Textbooks 2014-09-10 17:40:41

Lol, paying for textbooks...

PSN:Ryder-Omega/Steam:Ryder Omega

I'm that lazy bastard who doesn't bother to take down his damn Christmas lights. I still have the fucking kriss-kringle hats from last year!

BBS Signature

Response to Textbooks 2014-09-10 17:45:29

At 9/10/14 05:40 PM, RyderOmega wrote: Lol, paying for textbooks...

as opposed to what, making a friend in every class that will share?

Response to Textbooks 2014-09-10 19:30:33

At 9/10/14 05:45 PM, Scintillating wrote:

Seriously?

*cough* pirate the ebook version *cough*

PSN:Ryder-Omega/Steam:Ryder Omega

I'm that lazy bastard who doesn't bother to take down his damn Christmas lights. I still have the fucking kriss-kringle hats from last year!

BBS Signature

Response to Textbooks 2014-09-10 19:33:01

fortunately I live in Scotland so we don't have to buy textbooks so yeah, sorry folks!

BBS Signature

Response to Textbooks 2014-09-10 19:58:16

At 9/10/14 07:30 PM, RyderOmega wrote:
At 9/10/14 05:45 PM, Scintillating wrote:
Seriously?

*cough* pirate the ebook version *cough*

because every textbook as an ebook version or pdf. I tried getting that for one of my books and couldn't find shit. I barely found one pdf for one of my books, but that was it.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Textbooks 2014-09-10 20:19:50

This isn't even half of what I got. I'm gonna buy a bunch of network security and Cisco books next paycheck.

Textbooks

Response to Textbooks 2014-09-11 00:24:21

you guys should see my Barnes and Noble Wishlist I have about a grands worth of books on there I want to get. not for college but just extra learning material that I can read and learn from. I don't know why people sell they're textbooks when they're done who knows when you might need them later on or just have to refresh yourself.