00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

N G A U C Finals Results 2014

1,632 Views | 21 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

N G A U C Finals Results 2014 2014-09-09 00:05:02

Um...hi. This is the Official Finals Results Thread for the Newgrounds Audio Underdogs Contest 2014! :D If you don't know what that is by now, it doesn't really matter because the contest is over...but, who am I to deny you your feeding your curiosity? LINK!

I'd just like to start off by saying a HUGE thank-you to ALL of the judges. I really couldn't have done this without them. :') Also, they were selected to judge this competition because they're amazing musicians, so go check out their stuff: Bosa, Camoshark, Steampianist, Johnfn, Troisnyx, Lockyn, PirateCrab, and me (I'm not actually that amazing of a musician, though, hehe). I'd especially like to thank @Johnfn and @Camoshark for giving me some adept administration-related advice at several points during the competition.

Also, I'd like to extend my gratitude to Back-From-Purgatory and SkyeWint, who were more than willing to back-up judge in our time of need. :)

I'll most certainly credit Deshiel and Bad-Man-Incorporated with the prizes. @Deshiel will make forum signatures for the winners (I'll PM you guys when they're ready), and @Bad-Man-Incorporated has offered to feature the one overall winner on his radio show on September 19th! That's an amazing opportunity! :D

Also, I consulted the almighty Step, who has great experience in running contests here himself, about some of the formatting and stuff. He's also the moderator who's making sure the winning submissions are front-paged. They should be up by Monday the 15th, and they'll remain up for about a week. If they're not up by then, it's MY fault, not Step's, btw. ;)

Lastly, I'd like to thank everyone who contributed their thoughts to the original NG Audio Underdogs Contest Ideathread. This contest never would have happened if I hadn't gotten such a positive response on that thread, and I'm really glad this was able to work out so well. :') This is an amazing community full of amazing opportunities and inspiring people. It's truly my home on the world wide web. ^_^

Now, without further ado, WHO WANTS TO FIND OUT WHO THE WINNERS ARE?!?!

Username

Bosa's Score - Camoshark's Score - Steampianist's - Troisnyx's - Lockyn's - PirateCrab's - TheDoor6's

Average Score

Placement (1-8)

Bardash

7 - 7.8 - 6.5 - 8.2 - 6.5 - 7 - 7.75

Bassfiddlejones

9 - 8.5 - 9 - 9.9 - 8 - 8.5 - 10

Birdinator99

7 - 8.3 - 7.5 - 8 - 8.5 - 7 - 8.5

Djabbic

6 - 8 - 8 - 6.9 - 8 - 6 - 9.5

Jernemies

6 - 6.7 - 6.5 -7.5 - 7 - 8.75

KatMaestro

8.5 - 7.5- 8 - 7.9 - 7 -9 - 7.5

LunacyEcho

6.5 - 6.5 - 7 - 7 - 6 - 6 - 8.75

MetalRenard

8 - 8.2 - 9 - 8 - 9.5 - 8.5 - 9.25

1st Place: BASSFIDDLEJONES

2nd Place: METALRENARD

3rd Place: KATMAESTRO

If you have questions or concerns about your scores, please PM any of the judges politely and without accusing language. This hasn't happened since the first round, but it is the final round after all, and things tend to get a little tense...

Also, if you have any suggestions for improvement on the contest itself, please don't hesitate to PM me! I'm very much planning on doing this contest again next year as well. ^^

Like I said earlier, I will PM you winners when your forum sigs are available, your pieces should be front-paged by the 15th, and @Bassfiddlejones I will contact Bad-Man-Incorporated about the details regarding your radio show appearance right away! ;D

Wow...this has been an amazing experience for me, and I hope for many of you as well. Kind of bitter-sweet that it's coming to a close, but I'll always be around, and I hope many of the amazing musicians in this contest stick around and keep producing too! Until next year, my fellow Newgrounders... :'D

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Finals Results 2014 2014-09-09 00:08:57

Congratulations to Bassfiddlejones!! Also, thank you for hosting this competition, TheDoor6. It was fun and enlightening. Thank you to the judges for taking their time to critique our compositions and thank you to the other competitors for their imagination and participation!

Response to N G A U C Finals Results 2014 2014-09-09 00:10:19

Thanks a lot for hosting the competition! I had a lot of fun and can't wait for it next year.

(Note: idea-thread link goes to tryout-thread.)

Response to N G A U C Finals Results 2014 2014-09-09 00:11:01

At 9/9/14 12:08 AM, Bardash wrote: Congratulations to Bassfiddlejones!! Also, thank you for hosting this competition, TheDoor6. It was fun and enlightening. Thank you to the judges for taking their time to critique our compositions and thank you to the other competitors for their imagination and participation!

It's great to hear that you're such a good sport about it! I personally think you improved a lot over the course of the competition, which is arguably more valuable than winning. ;D

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Finals Results 2014 2014-09-09 00:15:28

At 9/9/14 12:10 AM, LunacyEcho wrote: Thanks a lot for hosting the competition! I had a lot of fun and can't wait for it next year.

(Note: idea-thread link goes to tryout-thread.)

I knew I'd screw things up somehow. :D Congratulations on making it as far as you did, btw, LunacyEcho. You were one of the true underdogs in the competition IMO, and you really showed everyone the high-quality content you can produce! Keep working at it, man! ;D

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Finals Results 2014 2014-09-09 00:21:22

:D Aw man, @TheDoor6 thank you for all the hard work you put into organizing this. It's helped me produce some of the best stuff I think I've come up with in a long time, after a long period of writing nothing. And super thanks to all the judges - I know how time consuming it is to go through so many submissions! Excellent submissions all around, some good music was put out for this!

Response to N G A U C Finals Results 2014 2014-09-09 00:24:14

At 9/9/14 12:21 AM, bassfiddlejones wrote:
D Aw man, @TheDoor6 thank you for all the hard work you put into organizing this. It's helped me produce some of the best stuff I think I've come up with in a long time, after a long period of writing nothing. And super thanks to all the judges - I know how time consuming it is to go through so many submissions! Excellent submissions all around, some good music was put out for this!

That's so great to hear, Bassfiddlejones! You're most certainly welcome. It was a well-earned win, my friend. It certainly was. I'm looking forward to hearing some more of your tracks, man. ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Finals Results 2014 2014-09-09 00:24:40

@bassfiddlejones

Congrats man :D I told you you would win the whole thing!!!

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Finals Results 2014 2014-09-09 00:38:56

Congratulations to the top 3 finalists, the winner Bassfiddlejones, as well as everyone else who gave it their all!

@TheDoor6, I have checked the tryout thread again for prize details, but your wording left me slightly unclear on who gets what, besides the radio show play for 1st (which is really a cool prize, btw). Could you quickly outline what the winners are entitled to so they know for sure? e.g. front pages, signatures, prize money, etc.

I would also like to know how much money I didn't win #NewgroundsProblems

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Finals Results 2014 2014-09-09 00:43:05

Congrats to everyone, I thoroughly enjoyed listening and judging your pieces. I'll be posting my reviews tomorrow - everything is typed up, just tidying up before I post.

Big shoutout to @TheDoor6 though. You did good man. You did good.

Response to N G A U C Finals Results 2014 2014-09-09 01:02:32

At 9/9/14 12:38 AM, Birdinator99 wrote: Congratulations to the top 3 finalists, the winner Bassfiddlejones, as well as everyone else who gave it their all!

@TheDoor6, I have checked the tryout thread again for prize details, but your wording left me slightly unclear on who gets what, besides the radio show play for 1st (which is really a cool prize, btw). Could you quickly outline what the winners are entitled to so they know for sure? e.g. front pages, signatures, prize money, etc.

I would also like to know how much money I didn't win #NewgroundsProblems

Sorry for the slow response. Yes, I will. The winners do not get money, I'm afraid, but they will get their winning submissions front-paged starting on the 15th of September, and they also get forum signatures designed by @Deshiel. ;) ...and the one overall winner gets the radio show feature, as you mentioned. ^^

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Finals Results 2014 2014-09-09 01:09:25

At 9/9/14 12:24 AM, SoundChris wrote: @bassfiddlejones

Congrats man :D I told you you would win the whole thing!!!

haha, yes you did! Thank you for the vote of confidence!

Response to N G A U C Finals Results 2014 2014-09-09 02:07:44

At 9/9/14 01:02 AM, TheDoor6 wrote: Sorry for the slow response. Yes, I will. The winners do not get money, I'm afraid, but they will get their winning submissions front-paged starting on the 15th of September, and they also get forum signatures designed by @Deshiel. ;) ...and the one overall winner gets the radio show feature, as you mentioned. ^^

Ah, cool. Thanks.

Also thanks again for hosting and judging. This was a blast and I'll be sure to come back next year. Underdogs unite!

or something

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Finals Results 2014 2014-09-09 03:28:27

Thanks to everyone who participated in this, especially the judges (many of whom were busy with the NGADM also), I'm glad to have been a part of this. I'm sure every one of us competitors have learnt several valuable lessons through your feedback, so thanks!

And thank you TheDoor6, and congratulations on a very smoothly-run competition, especially for your first one :). Hope to see this competition around in the future.

Response to N G A U C Finals Results 2014 2014-09-09 03:44:36

Thanks TheDoor for hosting the contest. Congrats Mr Fiddle. :)

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Finals Results 2014 2014-09-09 06:53:20

For everyone who's thanking me about hosting the competition, you're most certainly welcome! It was a blast to coordinate this thing, and it's a very rewarding experience once the winners are announced. ;D I'd also like to thank all of the competitors, in turn, as their participation really made this competition what it is. ^^

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Finals Results 2014 2014-09-09 11:21:36

Anxiously awaiting reviews from these awesome judges - I think that's my favorite part!

Response to N G A U C Finals Results 2014 2014-09-09 20:15:23

At 9/9/14 08:12 PM, KatMaestro wrote:
Man, I didn't even think I would make in. What a great experience! Thank you all again!

Oh cool you also won - havent seen it before. Congrats bro from the bottom of my heart!

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Finals Results 2014 2014-09-09 20:44:53

Congratulations to the finalists! Been silently listening to all the entries, and I'm always reminded that being around so many talented artists is both an inspiring and humbling experience. Thanks to TheDoor6 for just giving me the opportunity to go toe-to-toe with all these awesome people.

Latest Track: Children of Saturn

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Finals Results 2014 2014-09-10 03:16:03

Computer crashed today while rendering a new project. Gonna have to wait till tomorrow for the reviews. Sorry if you were waiting ;__;

Response to N G A U C Finals Results 2014 2014-09-10 08:27:16

At 9/9/14 08:12 PM, KatMaestro wrote:
Man, I didn't even think I would make in. What a great experience! Thank you all again!

Congrats bro :D I'm surprised you pulled through with such a rushed song!

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Finals Results 2014 2014-09-16 16:19:34

I'd like to personally apologise for the one-day delay of frontpaging the winners. It was my responsibility and I've been STRESSED AS HELL for the past few days due to a last-minute project I had to make music for, which made it totally slip my mind! My bad. Anyway, the outstanding talent this contest's winners have provided is up on the frontpage now. Congrats!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature