00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Your favourite philosophy quotes

1,561 Views | 26 Replies

Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-07 07:51:17

If you don't have any, find one.

Mine is:

With great power comes great responsibility.
- Spiderman.

Response to Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-07 08:06:39

BBS Signature

Response to Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-07 09:17:39

At 9/7/14 09:14 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: Nothing is true; everything is permitted.

Exterminate all rational thought.

I didn't allow you to post in my thread.

Response to Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-07 09:17:59

"Bitch please!"

Jean Paul Sartre

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-07 13:01:31

There's actually quite a few I have:

"In the end, what separates a man from a slave? Money? Power? No. A man chooses; a slave obeys."

"Although my heart may be weak, it's not alone. It's grown with each new experience. And it's found a home with all the friends I've made. I've become a part of their heart, just as they've become a part of mine. And if they think of me now and then, if they don't forget me, then our hearts will be one. I don't need a weapon. My friends are my power!"

Yes, they're both video game quotes, but they are still memorable quotes.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-07 13:06:43

"Never take the high road, but always encourage others to so there is more room for you on the low road."
- A Wise Man

BBS Signature

Response to Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-08 15:02:06

"Life isn't planned, it just happens..."

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-08 15:56:12

Death is nothing to us, for when we are, Death has not come; and when Death comes, we are not.

~Epicurus

BBS Signature

Response to Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-08 16:37:03

“May you live every day of your life.”
― Jonathan Swift

This one in particular jumped out at me as being very true.

“When we are tired, we are attacked by ideas we conquered long ago.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Response to Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-08 16:42:06

"The world belongs to those who show up."

"The man who wants nothing is invincible."

"Change is the only true constant."

"The truth lies beneath the surface. The surface lies."

"If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you do read the newspaper, you're misinformed."

I know that one was Mark Twain. I've lost the sources to the others because they're favorites of my Dad.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-08 16:48:58

At 9/8/14 04:42 PM, Phobotech wrote:

Those are some good ones man, but my favorite is

Alien 3

Golic: "In an insane world, a sane person must appear insane"

There are many variations, but I actually enjoy the movie. Assembly Cut of course.

Response to Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-08 17:13:33

I've got a few that I can copy and paste from my Facebook quote-list thingy (I've got probably a hundred there. No clue why I devoted so much time, I just felt like it was important for some reason).

"No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted." - Aesop

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?" - Abraham Lincoln

"Be the change you want to see in the world." - Mahatma Ghandi

"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all." - Hypatia

“Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth." - John F. Kennedy

"Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule." - Buddha

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Response to Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-08 17:44:16

"How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real"- Bertrand Russel
"If Newborn Babies Could Speak They Would Be The Most Intelligent Being On The Planet"- Thomas Hobbes
"If Everybody In The World Dropped Out Of School We Would Have A Much More Intelligent Society" - Arthur Schopenhauer
"Give her the D"- René Descartes

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-08 17:50:09

Anything You See In Any Magazine Ever Is Fake.
~Jaden Smith

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-08 21:04:19

At 9/8/14 05:50 PM, Boomstick wrote: Anything You See In Any Magazine Ever Is Fake.
~Jaden Smith

Oh man, Jaden Smith is on a whole new plane of existence than the rest of us.

Your favourite philosophy quotes

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-09 01:25:37

At 9/8/14 03:30 PM, ManDeep wrote:
At 9/7/14 08:11 AM, groundpwndr wrote: "The claim that God does not exist is self-contradictory."
-some dude, some time, somewhere
What the fuck does that mean?

It means it exists because the concept of it exists, and since reality as you know it is a construct of your consciousness, simply acknowledging it for long enough to claim it false proves that it is a part of your reality in one way or another. What's funny about that quote is that it implies transitively that, if you have no concept of God, then God does not exist.

I enjoyed a quote I read recently from Philip Pullman, who asserted that "no one has the right to spend their life without being offended."

Response to Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-09 04:40:40

"When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty."

Thorin.

"History wasn't written by pacifists".

Thorin.

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-09 06:29:16

"Learning is to a man as the leaves and branches are to a tree, and it can be said that he should simply not be without it."
- Kotoda Yahei

This signature will actually not appear at the bottom of this post.

Response to Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-09 09:22:40

"Always be closing!"
- Alec Baldwin

Response to Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-09 12:48:49

"Fuck it all."
- Several people on several occasions

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-09 18:49:25

"Happiness is good health and a bad memory."

At 9/7/14 01:01 PM, Eddmario wrote: "In the end, what separates a man from a slave? Money? Power? No. A man chooses; a slave obeys."

Isn't that BioShock? Fine, I'll do the video game thing too.

"All such tales of gods and their miracles are false. Those who would lead prefer that history suit their needs, and rewrite it to see that it does. And why shouldn't they? The fault lies not with them. The reeking masses yearn for gods and miracles. It is their opiate, and they consume it greedily. The people do not endeavor towards greatness, but rather mire themselves in their petty strifes - shackles on the feet of man. Their leaders give them no more than that for which they clamor. It is history's oldest and most oft-repeated tale. Do men exploit this weakness to dominate their fellows? Mayhap they do. But they succeed only because the people are eager to know such dominion. Gods are only illusions born of man's fear. It is they who see this charade for what it is and join in the pageantry who are to blame."

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-16 16:40:16

Not sure if I said it before but

"Authority must be obeyed, or it must be overthrown!"

"who are you to decide what is right and wrong? where do you draw that line?"

BBS Signature

Response to Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-16 16:49:02

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda
“There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
There is another theory which states that this has already happened." - Douglas Adams

"Codswallop in my opinion." - Hagrid

"I trust no one but my ham sandwich." - SNAPCRACKLEANDPOP2

Never say no to Panda.

Response to Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-16 19:10:44

"Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media." - Noam Chomsky

My VG quote

Shepard: Wrex.

Wrex: Shepard.

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-18 12:26:50

At 9/9/14 01:22 PM, Ama wrote: I should probably explain this one, for the sake of not giving people the wrong idea.
Hitler was an awful person, but he was pretty damn smart, and has a shitton of great quotes.

Hitler was a great person.

Response to Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-18 16:35:57

Plunging ass first in the viscous seas of your absolute public reunification. May you drown in the brackish boiling sewage waters of public shame regret and degradation. You truly deserve this fate above all others.
- Gandhi

BBS Signature

Response to Your favourite philosophy quotes 2014-09-18 20:48:14

The conviction that the world, and therefore man too, is something which really ought not to exist is in fact calculated to instill in us indulgence towards one another: for what can be expected of beings placed in such a situation as we are? From this point of view one might indeed consider that the appropriate form of address between man and man ought to be, not monsieur, sir, but fellow sufferer, compagnon de misères. However strange this may sound it corresponds to the nature of the case, makes us see other men in a true light and reminds us of what are the most necessary of all things: tolerance, patience, forbearance and charity, which each of us needs and which each of us therefore owes.

- Arthur Schopenhauer