00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sereneFalconer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sister issued common core book

675 Views | 15 Replies

Sister issued common core book 2014-09-06 13:20:45

My little sister brought this textbook home from school.

Notice anything fucked up?

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Sister issued common core book 2014-09-06 13:36:09

Common Core is terrifying to me. I really think that this system is trying to fundamentally alter kids to be less likely to protest against the government or large corporations.

If you have some free time, peep this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si-kx5-MKSE

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Sister issued common core book 2014-09-06 13:37:25

At 9/6/14 01:20 PM, Raab wrote: My little sister brought this textbook home from school.

Notice anything fucked up?

Does the textbook mention aliens?

Is it about ufo collections? If so, it actually may be reputable.

Response to Sister issued common core book 2014-09-06 13:39:05

At 9/6/14 01:36 PM, ZJ wrote: If you have some free time, peep this video:

2 hours - TL;DR bro!

Response to Sister issued common core book 2014-09-06 13:40:23

lol how is this a common core book?

fuk

BBS Signature

Response to Sister issued common core book 2014-09-06 13:40:24

At 9/6/14 01:39 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:
At 9/6/14 01:36 PM, ZJ wrote: If you have some free time, peep this video:
2 hours - TL;DR bro!

Put it on as background noise and play Bejeweled or something. WORK WITH ME BREN.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Sister issued common core book 2014-09-06 17:18:37

Lol and people actually support this bullshit.

Response to Sister issued common core book 2014-09-06 17:21:41

Oh God...

...well, the least we can do is see what they have to say about it.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Sister issued common core book 2014-09-06 23:18:54

At 9/6/14 01:40 PM, Nickisabi wrote: lol how is this a common core book?

because it is

BBS Signature

Response to Sister issued common core book 2014-09-07 01:16:56

At 9/6/14 01:36 PM, ZJ wrote: Common Core is terrifying to me. I really think that this system is trying to fundamentally alter kids to be less likely to protest against the government or large corporations.

I don't want to turn this into a politics thread or anything.... but I 100% agree with you.

They are trying to teach children from the start that there is only the red pill or the blue pill.... and that

Republicans and democrats are the only choices..... when in all reality they are simply the left and right foot of the same machine.

....keep in mind that this is a WRITING TEXTBOOK.

Issued in an English class.

BBS Signature

Response to Sister issued common core book 2014-09-07 01:45:57

At 9/7/14 01:16 AM, Raab wrote: ....keep in mind that this is a WRITING TEXTBOOK.

Oh no, how dare they not teach about alternative views. It's like in compulsory education they're teaching the bare-bones needed to survive.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Sister issued common core book 2014-09-07 03:46:31

At 9/7/14 01:45 AM, Lost-Chances wrote:
At 9/7/14 01:16 AM, Raab wrote: ....keep in mind that this is a WRITING TEXTBOOK.

Oh no, how dare they not teach about alternative views. It's like in compulsory education they're teaching the bare-bones needed to survive.

Its more like.... how dare they lace a course about writing with their own biased version of governmental history.

Essentially filling the clean slate that students have with the false dichotomy of the "choices" they have for government here in the US.

BBS Signature

Response to Sister issued common core book 2014-09-07 04:26:52

Why are we outraged about Common Core again? I always forget because there's no cohesive strand of arguments beyond "nah man it sucks! Look at how different it is from my schooling!" from people who quite clearly lack comprehensive education.

Kids today have the Internet. Just because the schools teach them one thing doesn't mean they're going to be stuck with that same limited view on the world for the rest of their lives.

Unless…it's all a liberal conspiracy to make kids afraid to search for new perspectives online and turn our kids into tree-hugging pro-choice atheist Democrats. Oh lord have mercy.

Just an 02er.

Response to Sister issued common core book 2014-09-07 04:30:55

Alright, so as someone who works for a school system I have to disagree.

Common Core is meant to change the way teacher's perform their namesake; the way they teach. It's meant to give teachers the ability to teach kids how to really answer questions, as opposed to reciting answers.

I'm not sure about the political nonsense. Honestly, if a child believes that there are only two political choices, then that is the parent's failure.

That's my $0.02, take it as you will.

The kind of old they just don't make anymore!

[Had your submission unpublished? Click here!]

BBS Signature

Response to Sister issued common core book 2014-09-07 23:55:23

I don't know about common core for classes like social sciences/history, but common core math is horrible.

The only reason people suck at math is because they don't try or have the will to learn.

5:24 PM - Hat-Fondler: adverb

5:24 PM - 平沢唯: jewishly

5:25 PM - Kupo: frothingly

BBS Signature

Response to Sister issued common core book 2014-09-08 00:08:47

At 9/7/14 11:37 PM, SentForMe wrote: I don't know about this common core stuff. All I know is the result, which is that the US education system continues to rank lower every year vs. the rest of the world. Even though every ten years or so some people come up with a new idea to "save" the US public education system they don't seem to actually improve it much.

That's a misrepresentation of the state of education in America.

Affluent school districts in the United States have the best public schools in the world. Many private, boarding, Montessori, charter, preparatory, etc schools in the United States are top tier.

The average and mean for performance in education is low because less wealthy school districts and states which purposely underfund their public education for political reasons have a performance which reflects that starvation and neglect.

America does still have most of the world's best colleges and universities. The Ivy League is so pumped full of 4.0+2.0, 2400 SAT, 8 AP, team captain, pseudopolyglotic, musical, entrepreneurial, humble, charitable, 12 extracurricular middle-to-upper-class applicants from American and international schools that they dump the overflow into nearby state schools.

However, students in financially needy districts aren't often granted the mentoring necessary to become one of those excellent sheep. Usually the ones that find that role model are looking outside of the schools, where they're unlikely to find someone who demonstrates the need to develop a passion for learning.

Just an 02er.