00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Movies that legitimately disturbed

2,060 Views | 41 Replies

you.

Not just a, "Gee, that was a pretty graphic depiction of a disewbowlment, 8/10 would watch again" but a "OH GOD THE HUMANITY WHY AM I WATCHING THIS."

Bonus points if it was bad enough that you couldn't bring yourself to watch it again. Bonus bonus points if you're scared just thinking about it. Bonus bonus bonus points if you're an adult.

For me it was A Clockwork Orange, I don't really think I have to name specifics. As good of a movie it was I don't think I have it in me to watch in again for, I don't know, a year or five.

What comes to your mind? Put a " ! SPOILER ALERT ! " before any spoilers.

oh yeah, and i'm back, bitches <3

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-06 05:17:30

Well I've never actually seen it but The Human Centipede and its sequels (soon to be sequels I believe).

I heard about it and was disgusted enough. I could only make it to the trailer before I felt sicker then any movie has ever made me feel. I cannot bring myself to watch it, I feel ill when I think of my whole concept of a human centipede. It all just disturbs me deep deep down.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-06 05:45:12

At 9/6/14 05:17 AM, Gagsy wrote: Well I've never actually seen it but The Human Centipede and its sequels (soon to be sequels I believe).

I heard about it and was disgusted enough. I could only make it to the trailer before I felt sicker then any movie has ever made me feel. I cannot bring myself to watch it, I feel ill when I think of my whole concept of a human centipede. It all just disturbs me deep deep down.

I second this. I watched the first movie and can't be arsed to watch the second one. The fact that it's a Dutch movie makes it slightly worse for me. Probably.

This signature will actually not appear at the bottom of this post.

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-07 03:52:32

At 9/6/14 05:06 AM, Captain-Slugworth wrote: what was up with the movie that disturbed you? .. was it because of the ultra violent actions of rape tonfoolery from Alex and his fellow Droogies?

That about sums it up.

Just the idea that a human being could be that evil disturbs me. It's not that I didn't like the movie; it was just a bit outside of my threshold of "that's fucked up" tolerance.

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-07 14:02:17

Either A Clockwork Orange or Mind Game. The first unsettling while the second just plain weird. Would prefer watching the second over the first though as I have no real desire to watch A Clockwork Orange again.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-07 15:20:28

My dad made me watch pulp fiction when I was 8, and it scared the hell out of me. I quite enjoy it nowadays though.

BBS Signature

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-07 16:00:55

At 9/6/14 05:45 AM, Crazy-Pigeon wrote:
At 9/6/14 05:17 AM, Gagsy wrote: Well I've never actually seen it but The Human Centipede and its sequels (soon to be sequels I believe).

I second this. I watched the first movie and can't be arsed to watch the second one. The fact that it's a Dutch movie makes it slightly worse for me. Probably.

I've seen the second one and...well, it scarred me for life. I can't even describe how emotionally scarring and fucked up that movie is. I'm pretty sure it's so poorly rated because of it's disgusting content. Also, it's currently banned in New Zealand and was previously banned in the UK and Australia. I'd recommend seeing it if you want to watch the most fucked up movie ever made.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-07 16:03:19

The Avengers

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-07 16:48:57

At 9/7/14 04:00 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: I've seen the second one and...well, it scarred me for life.

Oof, I watched the first one with a friend and we pretty much did the "good thing I have a buddy here in a well-lit room" laugh through it. There's some pretty fucked up stuff in it so if the second is really that much worse, I don't know if I want to do anything more than take your word for it.

BBS Signature

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-08 02:00:54

Trainspotting. The drug use/needles, a certain scene involving a toilet and [spoiler alert] the neglect of a baby that leads to it's death followed by a trippy scene with the main character hallucinating about that baby.

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-08 02:17:09

I haven't really seen a movie that legitimately disturbed me.
I mean I've had real life experiences with the paranormal so it seems too fake for me.
I also don't really watch disturbing movies in the first place.

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-08 02:22:46

Martyrs was kinda wack

Dead Girl was nasty

I seen a lot of rank movies.

But oddly enough, the last one to really get to me was wishmaster 3..or 4...idk or idr. But that skarred me with all the blood.

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-08 03:59:27

Event Horizon got under my skin when I was little. Now I'm fascinated by the movie, and I love it.

Do you see?

DO YOU SEE!?

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-08 04:01:03

Stir of Echoes when I was 9 years old. I was such a scared young boy.

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-08 04:16:18

At 9/6/14 08:27 AM, ManDeep wrote: There was this one Serbian film that was really disturbing, i forgot it's name though.

That was its name. "A Serbian Film". I watched it too. So fucked up.

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-08 04:30:21

Audition.
It's from Japan, and it's sick stuff.

Musicians make music , producers make products. * drops mic :D

BBS Signature

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-08 04:36:13

At 9/8/14 04:16 AM, PyroGreg wrote:
At 9/6/14 08:27 AM, ManDeep wrote: There was this one Serbian film that was really disturbing, i forgot it's name though.
That was its name. "A Serbian Film". I watched it too. So fucked up.

Psst.

that was the jooooke.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-08 04:42:50

Probably Human Centipede....

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-08 12:56:40

The series Jam

BBS Signature

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-08 16:29:08

At 9/8/14 02:00 AM, DryDesertAir wrote: Trainspotting. The drug use/needles, a certain scene involving a toilet and [spoiler alert] the neglect of a baby that leads to it's death followed by a trippy scene with the main character hallucinating about that baby.

While that movie was disturbing, to me it was less mortifying and more "ew"

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-08 17:07:08

Upstream Color made me feel ill. Good film though, judging from the parts I haven't mentally suppressed. A 21st century love story.

Surprised by the Audition shouts. Plenty of solid East-Asian candidates though - yer Chan Wook-Parks, Kim Jee-woons etc. New Police Story tops my list, though. I don't care what anyone says, I've never been that emotionally invested in such an average film. The first 30 minutes or so were just pure Murphy In Robocop getting shot to buggering smithereens.

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-08 17:23:00

I fast-forwarded through a lot of the scenes from the remake ofThe Last House On The Left. Shock value scenes are just all over this movie, and I really despise such movies. I know rape exists, I don't need to get a full 30 minutes of traumatic pre-rape scene during witch the rapists just act maniacal and like sadistic pricks, then watch a full 5-10 minutes rape scene.

The whole movie is based on this really, and that's just how the bad story-telling of this movie goes. Make it so hard for the viewer to go through the first hour of the film, that there is no kind of need for a character development in the movie for you to hate the guts of the bad guys and root for the parents of the girl who got raped.

The Hills Have Eyes(also a remake I believe?) was pretty much the same for me. I can't stand lengthy graphic violence or rape scenes that are just there for the sole purpose of making the viewer feel so bad that he can't possibly do anything then root for the good guys afterward...

At 9/8/14 02:00 AM, DryDesertAir wrote: Trainspotting. The drug use/needles, a certain scene involving a toilet and [spoiler alert] the neglect of a baby that leads to it's death followed by a trippy scene with the main character hallucinating about that baby.

It's a good movie, but you're right. It was very disturbing, and not in the Human Centipede kind of way. It was actually a good way to visually make the viewer go through the dirty, disturbing and depressing universe of drug addicts.

And

SPOILER ALERT

The scene with Ewan McGregor's character going through heroin withdrawal with the baby crawling through the ceiling was disturbing as all hell!

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-08 17:31:51

I'm surprised nobody brought up Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom yet. Most likely because it's kind of an old movie now, and that most of us never watched it. I didn't myself, but I saw a few scenes and read enough about it, for me to never want to see it, regardless of the supposedly social and political message it's supposed to be about.

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-08 17:34:21

The movie that, in recent memory, was an Australian movie that was free on demand so I decided ton check it out one night Alexandra's Project

Basically it follows an alpha douche on his birthday, loving his wife and kids, getting a promotion, and then being psychologically tortured.

It starts with him coming hone to an empty house, where a videotape and an instruction to have a beer watching it attached. What starts with a cheers from the kids and then a sexy strip tease from his wife turns into her tearing him down on every front. Everything from claiming to have breast cancer, to a long bit about how the gift of a vibrator he gave her meant that she was supposed to be a machine, making love to a machine, to telling him that if he turned off the tape to look for her a hidden gunman would shoot him.
Then she goes on saying that she's been prostituting herself so she doesn't need his money, and had taken every picture of her and the kids so they'll fade in his memory. Fucked up.
At first I was mad because really we're supposed to sympathize with what she's doing. The husband is shown to deserve what he gets, despite never actually being shown doing anything worse than being a bit of an alpha. Everything from the vibrator scene, the breast cancer "you married my body" speech and the accusation of him cheating (because she went to this much trouble without finding out for sure) speaks to some fanatical man hating. We don't see him being bad. We're supposed to intrinsically understand that he is bad. After all that she takes away both his children and their memory. If she was just cast as a woman who snapped and did all this it would have been a scary flick, but that she was supposed to justified stuck with me.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-08 17:39:02

irreversible
martyrs
12 years a slave
nil by mouth

i hear compliance is supposed to be particularly disheartening. i remember reading the real-life incident it was based on in sociology and thinking it was some sort of hoax

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-08 17:39:09

At 9/8/14 05:34 PM, stafffighter wrote:

Feminist movie, I hate those...But starrrfiiighter! Iv missed you man

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-08 17:41:25

At 9/8/14 05:39 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote:
At 9/8/14 05:34 PM, stafffighter wrote:
Feminist movie, I hate those...But starrrfiiighter! Iv missed you man

I'm pretty sure legitimate feminists want no part of the kind of rampant, cliched man hating this movie had.
So how have you been and what flick disturbed you?

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-08 17:45:38

The Breakfast Club

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-08 17:49:30

super

BBS Signature

Response to Movies that legitimately disturbed 2014-09-08 18:12:07