00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Goofy6769 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Least Favorite School Subject?

5,406 Views | 80 Replies

Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 14:39:43

Out of all the classes and courses that you have took during your educational lifetime, which is the one subject that has given you the most trouble and why?

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 14:41:31

The God-foresaken pile of shitty and useless logic we call mathematics.

fuk

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 14:54:50

Environmental science. Just a waste of time class taught by a filthy hippie with his birkenstocks and his dumb beret.

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 15:00:06

At 9/4/14 02:41 PM, Nickisabi wrote: The God-foresaken pile of shitty and useless logic we call mathematics.

>useless
>implying

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 15:01:12

Sports. Terrible aches.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 16:02:07

math

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 16:07:18

One of the classes I'm currently enrolled in. Calculus II. I can appreciate it, but fuck me if I can get by with a B.

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 16:10:45

Obviously math, that shit's useless unless you decide to go to a field of mathematics when you reach adulthood.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 16:15:46

At 9/4/14 04:10 PM, Radaketor wrote: Obviously math, that shit's useless unless you decide to go to a field of mathematics when you reach adulthood.

Math, particularly algebra, geometry and arithmetic, is used in things as commonplace as accounting, fixing cars, electrician work, construction work. I know someone who can't read but he couldn't do his job without math knowledge.

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 16:19:00

Well I could say Mathes in high school but I really hated programming in college, CURE YOU BINARY CODE!!!!!!

Life is too short for indecisiveness!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 16:26:12

Maths, Physics and French.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 16:34:46

At 9/4/14 04:15 PM, Scintillating wrote:
At 9/4/14 04:10 PM, Radaketor wrote: Obviously math, that shit's useless unless you decide to go to a field of mathematics when you reach adulthood.
Math, particularly algebra, geometry and arithmetic, is used in things as commonplace as accounting, fixing cars, electrician work, construction work. I know someone who can't read but he couldn't do his job without math knowledge.

Hey, you...you are awesome

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 16:34:52

Religious Education / Religious Studies (whatever they want to call it)

Now it isn't the concept I hate, as learning about the religions of the world rather than just whatever someone decides to tell you is a good thing so you can choose what you personally believe in if anything and it provides intelligent understanding and it can prevent the stupid religious wars if people all decided to understand each other's and accepted not to base such fighting on it.

No what I completely hate is that it is not balanced AT ALL. I went to a Christian school so the subject there consisted of 90% Christianity and the rest just a bit of Islam and even less Buddhism and that was it! Even when it was teaching these other religions they still tried to make it sound like they were incorrect while they tried preaching the Christianity one was perfectly legit.

That is NOT Religious Education, it is a facade to try and push their own religion they believe in on others. That is why I hated it. I can only hope other schools actually teach it properly without favouritism.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 16:35:41

Me and history don't get along very well... and one of my subjects is English Speaking World, which is all about history of English speaking countries. Needless to say I am not looking forward to it.

Development of Adolescents, Study of Language and English Skills, I could understand why I would need to take those subjects to become an English teacher. But history?

Is this the edit button?

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 16:51:11

Math and Science.

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 16:58:37

At 9/4/14 04:15 PM, Scintillating wrote: Math, particularly algebra, geometry and arithmetic, is used in things as commonplace as accounting, fixing cars, electrician work, construction work. I know someone who can't read but he couldn't do his job without math knowledge.

Thank god for math that lets you little shits know how to pay bills.

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 17:10:03

At 9/4/14 02:41 PM, Nickisabi wrote: The God-foresaken pile of shitty and useless logic we call mathematics.

Heh, I can't even see how you say that with a straight face, maths is what affords the insane jumps in technology we see.

That being said, history, it truly the most useless of the core classes, I wonder how long it will be until whoever controls these things realizes that history isn't worth teaching.

My mother's a middle school history teacher. They don't even test for history on those big states tests anymore. As long as they have a passing grade in the class it doesn't matter if they know anything about history. The schools she's applied at generally only hire the history teachers if they do some kind of sports coaching, that's so they can get at least some use out of them. . .

As far as college goes, English. I get why I need to know it, but I really don't like writing essays and stuff. :/

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.

Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 18:03:54

At 9/4/14 05:10 PM, MintPaw wrote:
Heh, I can't even see how you say that with a straight face, maths is what affords the insane jumps in technology we see.

This was a personal question. I gave a personal answer. I could give a shit less if it applies to society as a whole.

My favorites are English, Theatre, and History. I apply them to every aspect of my life that I possibly can. They're not useless to me. Mathematics is useless to me, but to everybody else it isn't. I just don't like it.

fuk

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 18:07:00

math

Least Favorite School Subject?

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 18:07:14

At 9/4/14 04:15 PM, Scintillating wrote: I know someone who can't read but he couldn't do his job without math knowledge.

Well no shit.

But some of us find it totally useless past basic algebra.

fuk

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 18:16:58

At 9/4/14 06:07 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Funnest classes I've had though:
- Drama
- Acting (college class)
- Dance
- Intro to Fashion
- Foods

I did some similar stuff, I did performing arts and later went into Drama and did dancing with it. I really enjoyed it, but wish I also got to do some ballroom dancing~ but sadly it was mostly physical theatre type stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 18:19:20

typing

it's not difficult to teach yourself that today

plus the teacher i had for it at the time was going through dementia or something, screaming, "STOP TALKING" when all the students were either already silent or trying to help each other

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 18:19:44

Fuckin composition classes man. My writing skills are absolute shit. The fact i had to take another one my senior year of college if i were to go back to K-State would derail me getting my degree if the fact that i can't learn shit in a lecture hall with 200 people in it didn't derail it first.

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 18:20:15

I used to hate English, but then I took AP English IV and it made college English/Writing classes look like a cakewalk to me.

Math is one of the reasons bridges don't collapse when you walk over them. And why you're able to type that sentence right there.

5:24 PM - Hat-Fondler: adverb

5:24 PM - 平沢唯: jewishly

5:25 PM - Kupo: frothingly

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 18:25:45

Mathematics because I always had pricks for teachers.

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 18:32:51

At 9/4/14 06:20 PM, JRob wrote: Math is one of the reasons bridges don't collapse when you walk over them. And why you're able to type that sentence right there.

Once again, no shit.

That doesn't mean I have to LIKE it.

fuk

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 18:33:34

At 9/4/14 06:21 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 9/4/14 06:16 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: I did some similar stuff, I did performing arts and later went into Drama and did dancing with it. I really enjoyed it, but wish I also got to do some ballroom dancing~ but sadly it was mostly physical theatre type stuff.
I just felt so alive with Dancing and Acting, loved them. Intro to Fashion was nice since I know how to use a sewing machine and sew by hand now. Makes me really want to do cosplaying.

I could really do with learning how to do things like sewing, currently still relying on my mother to do such things for me when needed.

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 18:48:46

Principles of Information Technology, or more accurately: HOW TO TYPE

BBS Signature

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 18:58:36

none I hate school

Response to Least Favorite School Subject? 2014-09-04 18:59:59

im homeschooled but my least favorite subject is math

Solwings formerly dalexj1337 - Being a sped online since 2014

BBS Signature