00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BWWAA-LORD-OF-DUCKS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

So Naruto's almost over. (probably)

2,393 Views | 38 Replies

Tl;Wr: Naruto's ending. We've all seen it at least once, regardless of whether you think its sucks or not, its been around for a long time and it feels like the end of an era. Thoughts? Reactions? Proposals?

So, via catching my brother watching an episode and subsequently checking up on the latest issue online, I have found out that Naruto is running out of gas plot wise.

The main arc, despite every single conceivable attempt to delay it, is coming to an end in the manga. Without spoilers, let's just say they defeat the final boss as is predestined of every single fighting/action story ever. Now I know I know, its going to take several months to get to the actual last chapter most likely, but the weird thing is that this was truly the last boss of the MAIN arc, they can't really go any further with it, all the mysteries have wrapped up, all the little character side plots are done, they've pushed the powers thing to its absolute maximum so without looking like fools, they can't keep going.

And I know, a lot of people are gonna say its gonna have a spinoff and all of that, and you're right, it will almost definitely try to do a bunch of spin offs because the you don't stop milking till the cow dies, ever.

But for me this kind of signifies the end of an era, like DBZ. I've loosely followed Naruto since middle school when kids would walk around with Leaf Village head bands, it made Otakus out of so many kids, I swear, and it was the driving force of an entire generation of kids getting into anime along with DBZ.

So what was you guys' most memorable part of Naruto? You can pretend like you never watched it, but we all know you did at least once, so might as well toss your opinion in here as a parting gift. For me, I always wondered if he'd ever actually become leader and whether he'd still go for Sakura or Hinata. Frankly I remember being in the Sakura camp back in middle school. Plus they made her badass most recently. But of course, regardless of what our expectations are, we all know he's fucking Sasuke behind closed doors.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-02 02:19:38

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-02 02:21:05

At 9/2/14 02:16 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: Now I know I know, its going to take several months to get to the actual last chapter most likely, but the weird thing is that this was truly the last boss of the MAIN arc, they can't really go any further with it, all the mysteries have wrapped up, all the little character side plots are done.

Neat.

RIGHT-TILTING PENTAGON GANG

BBS Signature

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-02 03:33:02

Theres still One Piece that will go on forever.....

and a couple others....

personally I don't like these epic shounen animes- They playout their usefullness and dissolve into crap....

DBZ...Bleach, Naruto, One piece...

Dragonball/ franchise was probably the best written and didn't go into the shitter until midway into DBZ with the exposition fights.

Still If you want quality writing without milking it too much pop in the old original Dragonball from the 80s.

Solid.

Fear not- there will always be another epic shounen anime to make money off and have 10,000 episodes with broadway plays, videogames and rediculous powers with crazy hair.....

It never ends...

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-02 03:35:06

I sure hope it is

and I don't want to see another one of these happen

fucking entry-level anime

5:24 PM - Hat-Fondler: adverb

5:24 PM - 平沢唯: jewishly

5:25 PM - Kupo: frothingly

BBS Signature

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-02 04:13:03

At 9/2/14 02:16 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: So what was you guys' most memorable part of Naruto?

The parts where Naruto wasn't hogging all the spotlight like always and the parts where Sasuke wasn't being an emo bitch.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-02 08:27:16

Good riddance, I say.

BBS Signature

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-02 10:03:30

I wasn't even aware naruto was still going

"who are you to decide what is right and wrong? where do you draw that line?"

BBS Signature

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-02 13:35:40

I don't believe it.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-02 16:23:32

Finally!

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-02 16:41:47

I am kinda glad that they are ending it soon. There's limit to how much a show can go.
But i am kinda glad that they actually are putting some interesting effort into making it interesting. So spoiler for someone who hasen't seen it yet. But Orochimaru is a bad guy, and Sasuke apparently from one episode wants to be an Hokage.. which i find funny since it has been Naruto's dream ever since the series started :P

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-02 16:50:57

Silly me. "Orochimaru is a good guy now"
Didnt mean to write bad.

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-02 17:37:57

At 9/2/14 05:27 PM, ManDeep wrote: Good Riddance, Time For Naruto to Pave The Way For Superior Animays Like Highschool Of The Dead And Sword Art lol

Don't tell me people actually are gonna replace famous anime like Naruto..... with THAT

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-05 11:54:09

At 9/2/14 09:15 PM, Vinnyy wrote: It was great while it lasted. All good things have to come to an end eventually.

great?

So Naruto's almost over. (probably)

BBS Signature

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-05 12:03:03

The manga is gonna end in 1.5 years, so yeah. It was good for what it was

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-05 13:06:23

Well, everything has to come to an end now doesn't it? Who knows what'll happen after that maybe they'll make Naruto have babies and make a new series called Moruto.

I can really never dislike Naruto, it's what introduced me to anime in the first place, for that I am internally grateful.

BBS Signature

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-05 13:54:36

At 9/5/14 01:48 PM, Monster-64 wrote: That show's still on? wuuuut

A new episode came out yesterday and has been subbed for all to see. Naruto isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-05 14:38:04

So, did Naruto finally become Ninja? I think they'll extend the plot by making him aim for Hokage position.

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-05 14:54:40

At 9/5/14 01:57 PM, Monster-64 wrote:

I haven't thought of Naruto since I was 10 (8 years ago) I would've thought it would be canceled by now, haa.

Why would they axe the series that have beenpopular?

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-05 16:06:30

At 9/5/14 02:54 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 9/5/14 01:57 PM, Monster-64 wrote:

I haven't thought of Naruto since I was 10 (8 years ago) I would've thought it would be canceled by now, haa.
Why would they axe the series that have beenpopular?

I can think of a few reasons. The company fails to sells it's toys for starters. Lord knows a lot of popular shows got cancelled for that reason.

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-05 16:54:07

At 9/2/14 09:15 PM, Vinnyy wrote: It was great while it lasted. All good things have to come to an end eventually. Bleach and One Piece will end soon too. Although, One Piece is only about halfway over.

Oda says he's prepared to keep the series going on for another 10 years.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-05 18:32:39

At 9/2/14 02:16 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: The main arc, despite every single conceivable attempt to delay it, is coming to an end in the manga. Without spoilers, let's just say they defeat the final boss as is predestined of every single fighting/action story ever. Now I know I know, its going to take several months to get to the actual last chapter most likely, but the weird thing is that this was truly the last boss of the MAIN arc, they can't really go any further with it, all the mysteries have wrapped up, all the little character side plots are done, they've pushed the powers thing to its absolute maximum so without looking like fools, they can't keep going.

Nah. I've kept up with only the past like 10 chapters or so after skipping the previous like....500 and Obito says that he wishes for Kakashi to become Hokage. So thats gonna have to happen now. And then afterwards Naruto and Sasuke are going to fight it out for the position of the 7th Hokage. Naruto is going to realize that Hinata has been in love with him all this time and be with her. Sasuke is going to either go off with Sakura or leave again and train til he is more powerful than Naruto and he can finally beat him once and for all.
The end.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-05 21:04:37

Meanwhile, One Piece has 759 chapters down and is barely halfway done. I expect this series to end 2 years after the world ends and we're all dead.

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.

AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-05 21:14:39

At 9/5/14 04:06 PM, LittleWashu wrote:

I can think of a few reasons. The company fails to sells it's toys for starters. Lord knows a lot of popular shows got cancelled for that reason.

Except the series have become a cash cow franchise, no way they're canning that while it's going strong among its fan base, even if it has wore out its welcome for some of us.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-05 21:17:36

At 9/5/14 09:01 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote:
At 9/5/14 06:32 PM, Viper wrote:
Naruto is going to realize that Hinata has been in love with him all this time and be with her. Sasuke is going to either go off with Sakura or leave again and train til he is more powerful than Naruto and he can finally beat him once and for all.
How has Naruto not realized Hinata's feelings for him during the Pain invasion where she almost sacrificed her life for him? Dumb blonde. So, that, Naruto/Sasuke rivalry and Sakura were the big conflicts introduced in the beginning of the series. I wonder how they'll wrap them up?

Naruto has to know seeing as Hinata told him her feelings. I think he just chooses to ignore them for his bubble gum haired team mate who is so obviously still in love with Sasuke.

However, now I believe he might accept her seeing as she is finally a strong woman who can bare him some strong children.

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-05 21:21:29

At 9/5/14 09:14 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 9/5/14 04:06 PM, LittleWashu wrote:

Except the series have become a cash cow franchise, no way they're canning that while it's going strong among its fan base, even if it has wore out its welcome for some of us.

By point was that many things that had strong fanbases like this got cancelled just because of reasons like this one or others.

Take the Megaman series for example.

That has a very strong fanbase yet they cancelled many games such as megaman legends 3 as well as stopped making other megaman games. Megaman was also a huge cash cow and had a huge fanbase and they canned that.

and it isn't just megaman either that got this treatment.

So if Naruto got the same treatment It wouldn't surprise me.

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-05 21:22:41

At 9/5/14 09:17 PM, LittleWashu wrote: Naruto has to know seeing as Hinata told him her feelings. I think he just chooses to ignore them for his bubble gum haired team mate who is so obviously still in love with Sasuke.

However, now I believe he might accept her seeing as she is finally a strong woman who can bare him some strong children.

I'm hoping for a NaruHina pairng...or a NaruKiba pairing. It looks like the second one can happen as Naruto and Kiba have clearly developed a strong relationship.

I liked the series until this shinobi world war shit, I would have rather just had a final showdown consisting of just the main antagonists and protagonists. Also, I think keeping Sasuke as an antagonist would have been a better plot choice. But oh well, at least everything up to and including the Pein arc was great. As well as bits after it.

I'm gonna miss everyone's favorite white dog too.....

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-05 21:31:07

Nah. I've kept up with only the past like 10 chapters or so after skipping the previous like....500 and Obito says that he wishes for Kakashi to become Hokage. So thats gonna have to happen now. And then afterwards Naruto and Sasuke are going to fight it out for the position of the 7th Hokage. Naruto is going to realize that Hinata has been in love with him all this time and be with her. Sasuke is going to either go off with Sakura or leave again and train til he is more powerful than Naruto and he can finally beat him once and for all.
The end.

When it comes to whom Naruto will end up with, I'm expecting the dumb blonde to use edo tensei to revive Konan and hook up with her, that way Kishimoto can piss off the readers, making Kubo jealous because someone trolled better than he did.

Now that's what I would call finale.

Also, Naruto let Sasuke become the Hokage instead and the village became enslaved.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-05 21:34:03

At 9/5/14 09:21 PM, LittleWashu wrote:

So if Naruto got the same treatment It wouldn't surprise me.

Except it won't as the fan base won't let that happen before it reaches the end. Megaman wasn't a good example as the franchise has multiple incarnations and have been around since forever, had Naruto been around for decades, then it could happen, but it didn't and will never get canned unless Kishi decides to push it by making sequel after sequel.

GT...though that wasn't Toriyama's idea however.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to So Naruto's almost over. (probably) 2014-09-05 21:49:30

At 9/5/14 09:31 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:

The end.
When it comes to whom Naruto will end up with, I'm expecting the dumb blonde to use edo tensei to revive Konan and hook up with her, that way Kishimoto can piss off the readers, making Kubo jealous because someone trolled better than he did.

Now that's what I would call finale.

Also, Naruto let Sasuke become the Hokage instead and the village became enslaved.

Personally a better way to troll would be if they had Naruto use that to bring back Kushina or have him hook up with the 5th Mizukage.

Now those would be the perfect ways to troll big time.

As for Sasuke become hokage nah let Orochimaru become hokage that would really do some good :D