00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kingkavvvv just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Stop being proud of nerd

2,580 Views | 52 Replies

Response to Stop being proud of nerd 2014-09-02 22:56:31

Correction: stop being proud to be the type of nerd who isn't actually good at math and science.

I blame the fucking Big Bang Theory and Doctor Who

fite me

5:24 PM - Hat-Fondler: adverb

5:24 PM - 平沢唯: jewishly

5:25 PM - Kupo: frothingly

BBS Signature

Response to Stop being proud of nerd 2014-09-02 23:06:40

At 9/2/14 10:56 PM, JRob wrote: Correction: stop being proud to be the type of nerd who isn't actually good at math and science.

I blame the fucking Big Bang Theory and Doctor Who
fite me

The type of "nerd" who isn't good at math and science would be a "nerd" and not a nerd.

Pretty much easiest way to tell is see what kind of grades someone made. Anything less than A's or an occasional B = not a nerd.

Can recite the periodic table from memory? Nerd.
Likes socially awkward things but lacks intellectual skills? "Nerd".

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Stop being proud of nerd 2014-09-03 06:11:36

At 9/1/14 05:20 PM, larrynachos wrote: I don't remember where the larry4nachos2014 thing came from.

Ama asked me to make it for you.

At 9/1/14 05:24 PM, Scarface wrote: It's not so much the text, but the spacing. It's difficult to tell when one word ends and the next begins.

The original is Ama4Mod2014! which is much easier to see where a word starts and ends.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Stop being proud of nerd 2014-09-03 07:25:05

At 9/1/14 04:26 PM, larrynachos wrote: I hate pride in general, because in the end, none of us are special.

Isn't pride one of the seven deadly sins, or am I completely off?

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature

Response to Stop being proud of nerd 2014-09-03 08:21:37

You're such an idiot.

till we overdose

Response to Stop being proud of nerd 2014-09-03 08:24:01

At 9/2/14 08:07 PM, NeonSpider wrote:

Nerds should be proud of who they are because they're actually intelligent people with potential to make a positive difference in the world. "Nerds" on the other hand are just nerd-wannabes -- all the geeky aspects with none of the brainy aspects. If you

Man, I wish there was a like button

till we overdose

Response to Stop being proud of nerd 2014-09-03 08:30:24

Looks like OP is a very talented fisherman.
He certainly knows how to throw a nice bait.

Musicians make music , producers make products. * drops mic :D

BBS Signature

Response to Stop being proud of nerd 2014-09-03 19:00:11

At 9/1/14 04:23 PM, Reiska3 wrote: Its the thing that ruins the society structure.

You have an error in your HTML:
Fully quoted message.

Stop being proud of nerd

RIGHT-TILTING PENTAGON GANG

BBS Signature

Response to Stop being proud of nerd 2014-09-03 19:15:01

The only qualm I have with the whole Nerd craze is that is suggest that in order to be smart and into science, you must be some awkward, socially isolated, weak loser.

It sets up some artificial divide between intelligence and power that weaken us as a species.

Response to Stop being proud of nerd 2014-09-03 22:14:04

it's a puppet

Stop being proud of nerd

Goobleboo's face should be finger painted with cow shit for his incredibly insignificant contributions to the world and my life. -Conal

BBS Signature

Response to Stop being proud of nerd 2014-09-03 22:16:41

nerds make all the money

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Stop being proud of nerd 2014-09-04 01:34:40

At 9/3/14 07:15 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: The only qualm I have with the whole Nerd craze is that is suggest that in order to be smart and into science, you must be some awkward, socially isolated, weak loser.

It sets up some artificial divide between intelligence and power that weaken us as a species.

Those'd be "nerds", my friend. Actual nerds may or may not be socially awkward and all that jazz.
To put it bluntly, if you try to be a nerd, you'll never be a nerd. True nerds just are. It's not something you try to be.

If you're smart enough, you're a nerd, and that's basically it in a nutshell.

Response to Stop being proud of nerd 2014-09-04 04:53:38

Defining terms is an important thing when throwing out a blanket statement like that. What's a nerd to you? It's a lot more fun to be nerd today than it was in the 80s when you look at the abundance of comics, movies, video games, gadgets, computers, anime, manga, new board games, new card games, and so on.

Response to Stop being proud of nerd 2014-09-04 04:57:58

At 9/3/14 08:30 AM, LexaHergon wrote: Looks like OP is a very talented fisherman.
He certainly knows how to throw a nice bait.

gr8 b8 m8 I r8 it 8/8

Response to Stop being proud of nerd 2014-09-04 12:27:59

At 9/1/14 05:20 PM, larrynachos wrote: If you can't read it then you're fucking blind.

No he isn't. It's barely readable.

Not even apologizing for going off-topic as this is the most shit thread ever

*sigh*

BBS Signature

Response to Stop being proud of nerd 2014-09-04 13:15:14

i fucking hate the term "nerd" because it's way too wide, if you're enthusiastic about any hobby you're a "nerd", if you do a job that's even slightly cerebral you're a "nerd", then some dipshit my little pony fans or video game fans think that they're in the same category as bill gates because they're both "nerds". no you arent't, you're just a fucking loser whose identity is based purely around consuming certain products and pop culture, and he's a genius billionaire.

Response to Stop being proud of nerd 2014-09-04 23:51:41

At 9/4/14 12:27 PM, Splats wrote:
At 9/1/14 05:20 PM, larrynachos wrote: If you can't read it then you're fucking blind.
No he isn't. It's barely readable.
Not even apologizing for going off-topic as this is the most shit thread ever

Hate to break it to ya but you're at the very least color-blind if you can't read that or find it the least bit hard to read at all. Good contrast and large lettering = extremely easy to read. Unless you see red as white there's no reason that should be hard to read.

Response to Stop being proud of nerd 2014-09-06 09:28:07

At 9/4/14 11:51 PM, NeonSpider wrote: Hate to break it to ya but you're at the very least color-blind if you can't read that or find it the least bit hard to read at all. Good contrast and large lettering = extremely easy to read. Unless you see red as white there's no reason that should be hard to read.

It's not so much the color as the awkward spacing between individual letters.

*sigh*

BBS Signature

Response to Stop being proud of nerd 2014-09-06 09:37:41

BBS Signature

Response to Stop being proud of nerd 2014-09-06 09:45:48

At 9/4/14 04:53 AM, LimiterRoulette wrote: Defining terms is an important thing when throwing out a blanket statement like that. What's a nerd to you? It's a lot more fun to be nerd today than it was in the 80s when you look at the abundance of comics, movies, video games, gadgets, computers, anime, manga, new board games, new card games, and so on.

Interests is one thing. But to encourage selfpraise to its own ego is discusting.

Response to Stop being proud of nerd 2014-09-06 09:52:45

I didn't choose the nerd, nerd life chose me yo

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Stop being proud of nerd 2014-09-06 09:56:21

Why can't you just die?

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Stop being proud of nerd 2014-09-06 11:27:38

At 9/6/14 09:52 AM, SubparTony wrote: I didn't choose the nerd, nerd life chose me yo

You mean the title right. Its only a title, nothing more.