00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Unpopular Newgrounds Opinion

1,409 Views | 20 Replies

Unpopular Newgrounds Opinion 2014-08-29 05:07:11

I don't think you need to be an "SJW" or a "white knight" in order to show concern for marginalised groups of people.

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular Newgrounds Opinion 2014-08-29 05:08:39

You have to be. That's what being a whiteknight is all about.

Response to Unpopular Newgrounds Opinion 2014-08-29 05:14:30

I think @Ama is a decent enough guy.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular Newgrounds Opinion 2014-08-29 05:24:34

At 8/29/14 05:21 AM, Ama wrote:
At 8/29/14 05:14 AM, Mismo wrote: I think @Ama is a decent enough guy.
That's mean!

You're mean!

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular Newgrounds Opinion 2014-08-29 05:30:40

You feel marginalized in your own life, and you are depressed. This depression paints your view of the community on newgrounds. One thread with a less-than-emphatically-positive message seems like 100% of the community. Your selective memory of posters and attitudes means that thinking back on the community brings up memories of a vast, potent, overwhelming majority of privileged misogynistic homophobic elitist racists whose opinions and argumentation are magically less intelligent than your subjective view of or your friends.

Just an 02er.

Response to Unpopular Newgrounds Opinion 2014-08-29 05:32:47

Granted, but there's a thin border between showing concern for marginalized groups of people when needed and slowly converting the world into an overly politically correct hellhole for any normal person ever.

*sigh*

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular Newgrounds Opinion 2014-08-29 06:02:13

At 8/29/14 05:07 AM, NuScarab wrote: I don't think you need to be an "SJW" or a "white knight" in order to show concern for marginalised groups of people.

You basically just need to not be a dick. Sadly something many people both online and offline don't do.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular Newgrounds Opinion 2014-08-29 07:16:32

I think all the mod, staff and Fulp-worshiping is unhealthy, even though most of it is jokingly done-- even so, it's an overused joke.

But I play along nonetheless.
We can't have this pretty damn good site without 'em.

Response to Unpopular Newgrounds Opinion 2014-08-29 11:19:16

Games/Movies should still be blammable beyond the initial judgment period if at any time they drop below 1 star and stay there for a week or longer.

Anyone that votes games down simply for being "too hard" should have their voting privs revoked.

Obvious troll voters should have their voting privs revoked (consistently 0-votes 5-star work or 5-votes blammable work so any truly 5-star work ends up only 4 star and stuff that should've been blammed ends up at 1 or 2 stars)

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Unpopular Newgrounds Opinion 2014-08-29 11:59:25

At 8/29/14 07:16 AM, NGPulp wrote: I think all the mod, staff and Fulp-worshiping is unhealthy, even though most of it is jokingly done-- even so, it's an overused joke.

I only worship kosher staff members.

like stamper

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular Newgrounds Opinion 2014-08-29 13:46:24

At 8/29/14 11:04 AM, WahyahRanger wrote:
At 8/29/14 11:03 AM, Nebula wrote: Czech your privilege Newgrounds.
I think we need to have a privilege Pole...

http://www.checkmyprivilege.com/quiz

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular Newgrounds Opinion 2014-08-29 14:33:01

I wonder if people ever get tired of playing the victim or if they actually subsist off of it.

Response to Unpopular Newgrounds Opinion 2014-08-29 15:47:13

There should be a section where newbies should post before they go on the rest of the forums. Also, those who keep bumping long dead threads without anything new to said thread should be banned, along with those who keep making similar threads to the established ones, (numerous anime and Call of Duty topics are prime examples) there is a reason the search bar is there for.

Movies that are only previews, along with games that are glitchy or broken should be auto-banned on the spot. I think there used to be a section of NG that allowed that, but I do know that they shouldn't be on the portal. Also, raise the standard of what would be acceptable level for a new flash movie/game, there would be a lot less shit coming in and wasting previous space for more legitimate artists here.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular Newgrounds Opinion 2014-08-29 16:01:56

At 8/29/14 05:07 AM, NuScarab wrote: I don't think you need to be an "SJW" or a "white knight" in order to show concern for marginalised groups of people.

True, it's just 4channers that think it makes them one of the cool guys to be edgy and shit that will tell you something like this. The real SJWs or white knights are annoying people who think they're changing the world for the better, but are actually making it slightly worse.

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular Newgrounds Opinion 2014-08-29 16:24:43

Either you are a troll or I don't think you understand how those terms are used. SJW and white knights don't refer to everyone person who has concern for marginalized groups of people - they refer to people who will interject that concern into everything they post, and into every situation no matter how unrelated it is. They will also usually go on the offensive with their opinions.

- "Hey guys did you see the basketball game last night?"
- "Watching basketball harms society because it encourages a modern form of slavery, with young talented African Americans working under a select few older wealthy white men."

- "Stop being an attention whore OP."
- "OMG stop slut shaming you guys. Just because OP defines herself as a woman does NOT give you the right to call her a whore."

Etc.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular Newgrounds Opinion 2014-08-29 17:13:24

At 8/29/14 04:24 PM, Timmy wrote:
Etc.

Even though the terms are shitty, I believe the actual issue Scarab has is how they are -incorrectly- being used by people on this forum.

I saw someone get called a white knight on this forum just yesterday for having a relevant point on topic point. A misogynist made a topic slagging off feminists because of a PR campaign by a car insurance company which caters to women (and was notably founded by a man).

A very pitiful number of users were rational and the majority unnecessarily sexist. The sad thing is, if I call them out for it I become the villain.

What is that about Timmy.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular Newgrounds Opinion 2014-08-29 17:13:47

At 8/29/14 04:24 PM, Timmy wrote:
- "Stop being an attention whore OP."
- "OMG stop slut shaming you guys. Just because OP defines herself as a woman does NOT give you the right to call her a whore."

That sounds similar to Nebula....
I've learned a good while ago that when it comes to the online community you're either a troll or a white knight.

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular Newgrounds Opinion 2014-08-29 17:19:33

Th-that's not an unpopular opinion, that's called being a decent human being.

Response to Unpopular Newgrounds Opinion 2014-08-30 05:10:11

Its true though,you can show your concern,BEHIND THE VIEL! WHOOOOOOSH

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular Newgrounds Opinion 2014-08-31 01:51:57

At 8/29/14 05:13 PM, Gagsy wrote: Even though the terms are shitty, I believe the actual issue Scarab has is how they are -incorrectly- being used by people on this forum.

Yes.

BBS Signature

Response to Unpopular Newgrounds Opinion 2014-08-31 02:06:42

This is a picture of a white knight SJW.

Unpopular Newgrounds Opinion

BBS Signature