00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lilwilbug just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

lets get hype for Destiny!

3,149 Views | 43 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-08-28 00:43:22

Bungies first mutiplatform game and attempt to say "We don't just make Halo games!" By making a game eerily similar to Halo! It's Destiny! Im rather surprised that there isn't an official thread for this yet considering the cosmic buttload of hype and attention the game has received since it was announced. Numerous scatterbrained threads about the beta but not much else.
The game releases 9.9.2014. Thats like...12 days from now! Thats like....Two weeks from now! Oh my god no way. #math

Polish your guns, level grinding and over powered PvP vehicles await!

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-08-28 13:25:23

I've already been disappointed as hell from this year's games other than Dark Souls 2 and MK8, so I'll think I'll wait. Besides, I heard each planet only has one small area to explore, if that's true, no chance in hell that I'm getting this.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-08-28 13:31:24

At 8/28/14 11:18 AM, Monster-64 wrote: I'm sorry, I just can't get hyped for it. It seems like a mixture between Left 4 Dead and CoD.

Everyone right now.

lets get hype for Destiny!

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-08-28 17:39:07

I want to hype the game, but I learned not to hype any game. The last game is hyped up was Titanfall, and good god I did not like that game one bit. I know the game is online only, but for some reason games that have to be played online all the time isnt fun for me on a console, I also don't like how I require to pay a extra fee to play on a game I already spent $60 on. On PC is way more different.

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-08-28 17:46:41

Hell yeah it looks crazy fun.

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-08-28 18:59:24

It looks like a space version of CoD that isn't in space. It does come from the same people who made CoD, so all I can say is, is that they're not very creative. I see so many negative comments about this game that it's not even funny. Just another crappy shoot 'em up game.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-08-28 19:28:19

At 8/28/14 06:59 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: It looks like a space version of CoD that isn't in space. It does come from the same people who made CoD, so all I can say is, is that they're not very creative. I see so many negative comments about this game that it's not even funny. Just another crappy shoot 'em up game.

Dunno where you got your information, but CoD isn't made by Bungie, and they're pretty different games. Not every FPS is a linear shooter.

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-08-28 19:28:44

Bungie didn't make any CoD games.

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-08-28 20:21:37

At 8/28/14 07:28 PM, Valjylmyr wrote:
At 8/28/14 06:59 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: It looks like a space version of CoD that isn't in space. It does come from the same people who made CoD, so all I can say is, is that they're not very creative. I see so many negative comments about this game that it's not even funny. Just another crappy shoot 'em up game.
Dunno where you got your information, but CoD isn't made by Bungie, and they're pretty different games. Not every FPS is a linear shooter.

Activision is publishing this game. Activision also published CoD.

They look a lot alike, Destiny kind of looks like a futuristic version of CoD, if you ask me.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-08-28 21:18:53

At 8/28/14 08:21 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
At 8/28/14 07:28 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Dunno where you got your information, but CoD isn't made by Bungie, and they're pretty different games. Not every FPS is a linear shooter.
Activision is publishing this game. Activision also published CoD.

They look a lot alike, Destiny kind of looks like a futuristic version of CoD, if you ask me.

Publisher and developer are two different things. Also, I'll give you that they look similar, but that's where it ends. Call of Duty is a PvP arena shooter, Destiny is an RPG shooter. I've played both and I can say they are not similar games.

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-08-28 21:53:46

I played the Alpha and Beta.

Super fun.

Well ... If you like Halo and gear grinding RPG games then it's fun.

Can't wait!!!! Ahhh

All three of the classes were fun to play as well. I don't know which I'll go with first!

Monthly animations, sketchbook tours, and weekly art streams.

BBS Signature

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-09-04 13:51:23

I feel like with all this insane marketing it's gonna be a day 1 flop, but who knows. :/

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.

Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-09-05 22:09:34

At 9/4/14 01:51 PM, MintPaw wrote: I feel like with all this insane marketing it's gonna be a day 1 flop, but who knows. :/

I thought it was a generic space shooter at first, but then I got my hands on the beta and had so much fun with it. The gameplay is what sold me on the game, not the ad campaign.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-09-06 00:47:18

Just another overhyped game if you ask me. The hype will die down soon enough.

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-09-06 00:50:09

At 9/6/14 12:47 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: Just another overhyped game if you ask me. The hype will die down soon enough.

Everything is overhyped and all games actually suck.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-09-06 12:34:05

At 9/6/14 12:50 AM, Makeshift wrote:
At 9/6/14 12:47 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: Just another overhyped game if you ask me. The hype will die down soon enough.
Everything is overhyped and all games actually suck.

This guy gets it

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-09-06 16:21:49

Decided to pre order the limited edition. Been working my ass off lately, thought I deserved a treat and this seems to be the only good thing, so I may have splurged. Hopefully it actually is living up to the hype as everyone says.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-09-07 15:16:08

At 9/6/14 12:34 PM, Jackho wrote: This guy gets it

But I agreed with him though...

until I played the game and realized it was good

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-09-08 14:04:52

I loved the beta, and have pre-ordered the game through Amazon. Unfortunately, it seems I never learn from my past mistakes. Amazon has always been pretty unreliable when it comes to preordering games, and I won't have my copy until next Monday / Tuesday. So, I'll be a week or a bit behind everybody else who is getting the game at midnight tonight, but that's okay.
More than anything I'm mostly excited to put my Playstation 4 to use regularly.

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-09-13 03:06:46

I have put so much time into this game already. It's amazing.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-09-13 05:41:01

At 9/13/14 03:06 AM, sweet21 wrote: I have put so much time into this game already. It's amazing.

I've put in 27.5 hours. Level 24 currently. Been doing strikes for the past two days, just unlocked the nightfall strike earlier today. Kind of intimidated to try it, and need to level up at least once or twice to do it I believe.
I'm hooked on this game, might be up all night playing.

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-09-13 05:47:05

Also, discovered this glitch in devils lair the other day. kinda fun, but no damage can be dealt or received.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXHNdBGqXlA&feature=youtu.be

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-09-13 16:52:21

Played the game for an hour before I never wanted to play it again.
If I wanted to play Borderlands I would play Borderlands.

The Ledge

BBS Signature

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-09-13 23:44:24

At 9/13/14 04:52 PM, momijirabbit wrote: Played the game for an hour before I never wanted to play it again.

This isn't Borderlands, lol.
People don't really understand what Destiny is. It's going to be expanding and Bungie has a ten year plan for the game. It's growing constantly, updates coming in less than three days to add a raid, new quests, etc.

If you don't like it, whatever. This game is insane, I've clocked well over 34 hours by now and am level 25.

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-09-14 03:17:42

Got my hands on it a bit ago.

Wow, this game was really pre-order bait, yeah they nailed the look and feel of a few locations. It sold a lot of people on the gameplay, but who could of known that it was literally all there was to the game.

At 9/13/14 11:44 PM, Luke wrote: People don't really understand what Destiny is. It's going to be expanding and Bungie has a ten year plan for the game. It's growing constantly, updates coming in less than three days to add a raid, new quests, etc.

Yeah, this seems to be the general argument. If I pay full price for a game, I expect it to be good as I play it. I get day one patching and sever overloads. I'll give a few days, but a few years? That's disgraceful, and how much of that will be paid DLC? 10 years? It's unlikely that the Xbox 1/PS4 servers will even be up for 10 sodding years. I don't want to stretch my life unto oblivion playing one of the early release titles for the new consoles. Very few games survive for more than a few years unless they're a masterpiece like StarCraft or Team Fortress or something.

And if the added content is anything like the current content then god help us all, it will all become one constant grind.

I'll put it up on my shelf and sit on it for a bit, it feels great and has a chance to be something great. But what likely happened is they made a game. Ripped out 90% of the content and are going to sell it back to us one crumb at a time while claiming that they're "supporting the game".

So I'll wait, I really like Bungie and I want this to be good. But if there's paid DLC around the corner then Bungie is dead to me.

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.

Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-09-14 15:53:20

Anyone joined a faction yet? Im a member of dead orbit now. Figured it's easier to get high level items that way than wrestling between crucible/vanguard points. I have glimmer up the ass because I keep using my consumables, so I also bought a cape for the future war cult, and new monarchy. Though, im sticking to dead orbit.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-09-14 16:48:58

At 9/13/14 11:44 PM, Luke wrote:
At 9/13/14 04:52 PM, momijirabbit wrote: Played the game for an hour before I never wanted to play it again.
This isn't Borderlands, lol.
People don't really understand what Destiny is. It's going to be expanding and Bungie has a ten year plan for the game. It's growing constantly, updates coming in less than three days to add a raid, new quests, etc.

If you don't like it, whatever. This game is insane, I've clocked well over 34 hours by now and am level 25.

Fuck that shit.
I don't want to wait ten years for a game to be worth playing.
It took me from when I bought Borderlands 2 until I got home for it to be worth playing.
Also this game is just Borderlands 2 without any soul put into it.

The Ledge

BBS Signature

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-09-14 18:09:46

At 9/14/14 04:48 PM, momijirabbit wrote: Fuck that shit.
It took me from when I bought Borderlands 2 until I got home for it to be worth playing.

I feel it's worth playing already. There is content here already and lots of it in my opinion. I enjoy raids, patrol missions and the PvP is pretty fun. It always sounds bad when you say it WILL have content later, it already does. I haven't beaten the main campaign because I keep getting side tracked with side missions. I feel that was just a misguided way of saying "DLC to come" and im all for DLC if it means more of what I enjoy.
When I initially played it I thought of Borderlands, and it has alot of elements from Borderlands that I like. I do like looting, leveling up and finding gear. If I can play a game like that there's nothing really wrong with it but Destiny is different enough from Borderlands to feel unique. Mostly in the fact that just about everything you do is public and you are always with somebody. And I do enjoy the random public events that summon boss fights in patrol missions. I like the bonus class system that unlocks a bonus class you can level up from scratch, giving you more options during fights. And I do enjoy accepting bounties and completing those. i just feel like there is still stuff to do and the bounties are randomized, raids can be upscaled in difficulty and if you dont want co-op PVP is entertaining and they just introduced a new game mode just for the weekend, with the promise of a new game mode to replace it later.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-09-14 18:23:45

as yes, the release of generic first person shooter number 374, i have waited with bated breath for this

BBS Signature

Response to lets get hype for Destiny! 2014-09-15 22:34:37

At 9/14/14 04:48 PM, momijirabbit wrote: Fuck that shit.

Then don't play the fucking game, you baby.