New Topic Respond to this Topic
Saga4816
Saga4816
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
FL 9 help 2014-08-27 21:50:17 Reply

I don't have a booth but i need to find out how to clean out vocals in FL 9. I use Magix Music Maker to record and i can clean the voice recordings with no problem, but idk the steps to clean recorded vocals in Fruity Loops 9..

xeroforhire
xeroforhire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to FL 9 help 2014-08-27 22:28:46 Reply

At 8/27/14 09:50 PM, Saga4816 wrote: I don't have a booth but i need to find out how to clean out vocals in FL 9. I use Magix Music Maker to record and i can clean the voice recordings with no problem, but idk the steps to clean recorded vocals in Fruity Loops 9..

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "CLEAN OUT". I assume you mean dynamic compression and limiter, but i need my detail about your question.

Saga4816
Saga4816
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to FL 9 help 2014-10-12 22:17:19 Reply

At 8/27/14 10:28 PM, xeroforhire wrote:
At 8/27/14 09:50 PM, Saga4816 wrote: I don't have a booth but i need to find out how to clean out vocals in FL 9. I use Magix Music Maker to record and i can clean the voice recordings with no problem, but idk the steps to clean recorded vocals in Fruity Loops 9..
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "CLEAN OUT". I assume you mean dynamic compression and limiter, but i need my detail about your question.

What i mean by cleaning voices out, is: Taking out uneccesary noises from the voice recording.

w00tw00
w00tw00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to FL 9 help 2014-10-13 01:45:17 Reply

What i mean by cleaning voices out, is: Taking out uneccesary noises from the voice recording.

i'm not sure you should even be working with vocals if your asking questions like this. and still vague, you can throw it in edison and select pieces you want to cut out from the recording (any extra air or whatever). there's a thread for fl questions dude. but please more detail.

/destroy w00tw00's music
/run
/wtf.exe
/don't follow me

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to FL 9 help 2014-10-13 08:22:30 Reply

Use Audacity, it's a freeware audio recorder and editor and used by lots of people. Getting rid of unwanted noise in your recordings is also really easy with this.
Here's how it's done: record your voice with some silence before or after your vocal, this silence contains 'your' noise. Select this silence (the more, the better), go to 'Effect > Noise Removal' and click on 'Get Noise Profile'. Audacity now knows what 'your' noise is and is able to remove it. You can do this by selecting the part that contains unwanted noise (which is basicallly everything), again go to 'Effect > Noise Removal' and click OK (you probably don't even need to mess with the sliders). Done correctly you should have a clean vocal now.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature