• 21 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
deadlyfishes
deadlyfishes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know there's a new Envato's Most Wanted contest on AudioJungle.

Trailer Music is the category this time! Details here:
http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/envatos-most-wanted-trailer-music-4000/140225?page=1

New to AudioJungle? You can sign up and get started on AudioJungle for free and make some money!

I know there are some of you here on NG active on AudioJungle, and I'm sure that many of you can really stir up the competition this time around!

Best of luck everyone :)

<Professional Composer> <AudioJungle Reviewer>
OFFICIAL MUSIC SITE!
Check out something I did for NATA 2013! Hikarian's winning NATA 2013 Entry

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Trailer Music Contest! $1,500! 1 month ago Reply

You should probably be open about the fact that you're including a referral link.

Don't wanna give the impression that you're just using the contest as an excuse to sneak some affiliate cash and all...

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate

At 8/27/14 12:30 AM, deadlyfishes wrote: Hey guys, just wanted to let you know there's a new Envato's Most Wanted contest on AudioJungle.

Trailer Music is the category this time! Details here:
http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/envatos-most-wanted-trailer-music-4000/140225?page=1

New to AudioJungle? You can sign up and get started on AudioJungle for free and make some money!

I know there are some of you here on NG active on AudioJungle, and I'm sure that many of you can really stir up the competition this time around!

Best of luck everyone :)

Thank you for letting us know! I'm very interested in it and have been in Audio Jungle quite a while.
How simple is it to run from a use perspective?

BBS Signature
SoundChris
SoundChris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician

YES!!!!

LunyAlex
LunyAlex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician

Eesh. The degree to which I need to step up my game is painful.

Oh well, gotta start somewhere.

*File>New Project*

PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate

At 8/27/14 06:09 AM, LunyAlex wrote: Eesh. The degree to which I need to step up my game is painful.

*File>New Project*

You did really well in the NGADM. :)

BBS Signature
PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate

Oh and also for anyone else who is joining. Don't forget to read the rules. There's some things which you may/may not agree with.

As it's trailer music it must abide by the 2min + length. Then the 1minute version for extended television and the standard 30 seconds, for advertisements. So each track needs to be composed of three parts, and it needs to be up for 2 years for commercial distribution. Most likely meaning you won't be able to put it up anywhere else.

BBS Signature
KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate

My prize level in this game: 999nd Place - a lolipop

Worth a try.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate

At 8/27/14 06:09 AM, LunyAlex wrote: Eesh. The degree to which I need to step up my game is painful.

*File>New Project*

I feel your pain. It's gonna be slaughtering, at least for me.

unfortunately, currently at work, have to wait until tonight... uhhhhh...
xIIInon
xIIInon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician

Too bad (for me) I probably won't be able to participate in something I really want to... but I won't get even close to these prizes anyway. The competition on AJ is unreal. Chances are next to 0.

Phonometrologist
Phonometrologist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Musician

Really? http://audiojungle.net/item/dramatic-and-inspirational-trailer/5704819
To rip off Philip Glass is all I need to do to write for this? I feel like if I do, I’m going to feel dirty afterwards. But I just might…

just have to lay down any sense of musical integrity I have left and play the whore

I don’t mean to actually discourage anyone either…

deadlyfishes
deadlyfishes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician

At 8/27/14 06:41 AM, PeterSatera wrote: Oh and also for anyone else who is joining. Don't forget to read the rules. There's some things which you may/may not agree with.

As it's trailer music it must abide by the 2min + length. Then the 1minute version for extended television and the standard 30 seconds, for advertisements. So each track needs to be composed of three parts, and it needs to be up for 2 years for commercial distribution. Most likely meaning you won't be able to put it up anywhere else.

AudioJungle is a royalty free music site and allows authors to sign up as exclusive or non-exclusive to AudioJungle. If you're already an exclusive author, you can opt any time to change to non-exclusive.

OFFICIAL MUSIC SITE!

BBS Signature
deadlyfishes
deadlyfishes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician

At 8/27/14 02:20 PM, xIIInon wrote: Too bad (for me) I probably won't be able to participate in something I really want to... but I won't get even close to these prizes anyway. The competition on AJ is unreal. Chances are next to 0.

Trust me, we sift through hundreds of tracks per day and I think you can guess how many of those tracks actually make it to the market place based on how many tracks end up there... Many of you here on NG would do really well on AJ :D

OFFICIAL MUSIC SITE!

BBS Signature
LunyAlex
LunyAlex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician

At 8/27/14 06:31 AM, PeterSatera wrote: You did really well in the NGADM. :)

Thanks! Could've been better I reckon, but thank you!

At 8/27/14 03:13 PM, deadlyfishes wrote: AudioJungle is a royalty free music site and allows authors to sign up as exclusive or non-exclusive to AudioJungle. If you're already an exclusive author, you can opt any time to change to non-exclusive.

Hey man, quick question

Would the fact that the only thing I've uploaded to AJ so far is one soft-rejected track be an impediment in joining?
I didn't see anything in the rules about it, but some contests have an implicit "Only members that were active beforehand" rule.

deadlyfishes
deadlyfishes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician

At 8/27/14 05:02 PM, LunyAlex wrote:
At 8/27/14 06:31 AM, PeterSatera wrote: You did really well in the NGADM. :)
Thanks! Could've been better I reckon, but thank you!

At 8/27/14 03:13 PM, deadlyfishes wrote: AudioJungle is a royalty free music site and allows authors to sign up as exclusive or non-exclusive to AudioJungle. If you're already an exclusive author, you can opt any time to change to non-exclusive.
Hey man, quick question

Would the fact that the only thing I've uploaded to AJ so far is one soft-rejected track be an impediment in joining?
I didn't see anything in the rules about it, but some contests have an implicit "Only members that were active beforehand" rule.

Joining simply means you sign up. Just because you have one soft-rejected track doesn't mean you're not a member.

In order to join the contest, your APPROVED item in the style needs to be posted in the forum post, that will be considered your entry. You can submit as many entries as you like.

Also, you don't have to update your soft-rejected track right away, that's up to you to do on your own time.

OFFICIAL MUSIC SITE!

BBS Signature
LunyAlex
LunyAlex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician

Roger that. All is clear now. Thank you!

xIIInon
xIIInon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician

At 8/27/14 03:16 PM, deadlyfishes wrote:
At 8/27/14 02:20 PM, xIIInon wrote: Too bad (for me) I probably won't be able to participate in something I really want to... but I won't get even close to these prizes anyway. The competition on AJ is unreal. Chances are next to 0.
Trust me, we sift through hundreds of tracks per day and I think you can guess how many of those tracks actually make it to the market place based on how many tracks end up there... Many of you here on NG would do really well on AJ :D

Well, on AJ it's always like if your item doesn't get rated by customers at the start - you can say it'll plainly sink in that ocean of other compositions. But at least I get SOME sales there, other marketplaces make me think I'm in some sort of permanent isolation. I keep believing that it's because I'm not technical enough. Martijn de Blont alone keeps blowing up my mind with his tracks, and I'm pretty sure I can't sustain proper upload rates in order to get noticed :) So that's not just being better than the average authors you decline. It's like reaching for the sun...

PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate

At 8/27/14 08:44 PM, xIIInon wrote: Well, on AJ it's always like if your item doesn't get rated by customers at the start - you can say it'll plainly sink in that ocean of other compositions. But at least I get SOME sales there, other marketplaces make me think I'm in some sort of permanent isolation. I keep believing that it's because I'm not technical enough. Martijn de Blont alone keeps blowing up my mind with his tracks, and I'm pretty sure I can't sustain proper upload rates in order to get noticed :) So that's not just being better than the average authors you decline. It's like reaching for the sun...

Do you think with the current status of individuals already on AJ, realistically anyone signing up for this wouldnt stand a chance?

BBS Signature
xIIInon
xIIInon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician

At 8/28/14 05:11 AM, PeterSatera wrote:
At 8/27/14 08:44 PM, xIIInon wrote: Well, on AJ it's always like if your item doesn't get rated by customers at the start - you can say it'll plainly sink in that ocean of other compositions. But at least I get SOME sales there, other marketplaces make me think I'm in some sort of permanent isolation. I keep believing that it's because I'm not technical enough. Martijn de Blont alone keeps blowing up my mind with his tracks, and I'm pretty sure I can't sustain proper upload rates in order to get noticed :) So that's not just being better than the average authors you decline. It's like reaching for the sun...
Do you think with the current status of individuals already on AJ, realistically anyone signing up for this wouldnt stand a chance?

That's what I'm saying. But at least if you produce your best trailer track ever motivated by this competition, customers will also be likely to buy it. It's not just about winning, of course.

deadlyfishes
deadlyfishes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician

Speaking as an AJ Author here;

I did notice a trend in sales when being active in the forums; Asking for feedback, and posting in "item requests" posts where buyers ask for certain styles/genres/moods and people post tracks their tracks that they may be interested in. You are also allowed to help other authors with their work in the item discussion. Buyers frequently browse the forums as much as the authors do.

It also helps to have content uploaded every couple of weeks, it helps put you on the "Newest items" page for a day or so, leading to more buyers.

Buyers usually come back for more, so if you are pretty active in uploading quality content, they will easily be drawn to your profile more than once.

I think that these contests really draw in a lot of attention from commercial buyers, and it really would be in your best interest to at least enter to boost sales.

There's a thread about sales trends, buying patterns and other related topics here:
http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/audiojungle-sales-monitor/124481

Hope this helps, and if any of you need help with anything related to AJ, feel free to ask me :)

OFFICIAL MUSIC SITE!

BBS Signature
Sovarozum
Sovarozum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician

I'm gonna give it a shot, besides you never know who you can pull in with your unique sound, let's try it! :D

Music Composer & Sound Designer
Website | BandCamp
SoundCloud | YouTube

xIIInon
xIIInon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician

At 8/28/14 01:19 PM, deadlyfishes wrote: Speaking as an AJ Author here;

I did notice a trend in sales when being active in the forums; Asking for feedback, and posting in "item requests" posts where buyers ask for certain styles/genres/moods and people post tracks their tracks that they may be interested in. You are also allowed to help other authors with their work in the item discussion. Buyers frequently browse the forums as much as the authors do.

Thanks for the tips! I actually never though forum talks help attract customers to your profile...