00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BACKRUMS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Motivation to go to the gym

1,325 Views | 28 Replies

Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-24 06:46:33

I'm fat and I havent gone to the gym in weeks.
How do I motivate myself to go?

BBS Signature

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-24 06:54:21

At 8/24/14 06:51 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: how do you normally motivate yourself to do things?

Normally I get do things because I want to, if that's what you're asking. So when I think of the gym, I think "meh. some other time."

do you want to lose weight and be healthy?

Yeah

BBS Signature

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-24 07:06:58

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-24 07:17:49

*sigh*

BBS Signature

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-24 08:19:56

Have someone leave a trail of snacks from here to the gym.

BBS Signature

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-24 08:30:10

I've always found the hardest thing is actually getting up and doing it. Once there, it's hard not to do anything. Sounds stupid but always deems true with myself.

This post will actually appear at the bottom of this page.

BBS Signature

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-24 08:35:10

At 8/24/14 08:30 AM, Grammar-Nazi wrote: I've always found the hardest thing is actually getting up and doing it. Once there, it's hard not to do anything. Sounds stupid but always deems true with myself.

Same story here. I haven't worked out in weeks now...

If you want to motivate yourself, then look at this guy He has the most perfect shape i've ever seen but has that annoying cocky attitude sometimes that most black guys always have.

No Fap November: 2014 - 2022

BBS Signature

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-24 08:37:55

At 8/24/14 08:30 AM, Grammar-Nazi wrote: I've always found the hardest thing is actually getting up and doing it. Once there, it's hard not to do anything. Sounds stupid but always deems true with myself.

Yeah, dude. I'm always putting it off until like nighttime. Then I'll be sitting on the couch thinking "Fuuuuuck, I really need to go."

Hey, OP. It really helps if you get a buddy around your same weight to go with you. Kind of forces you to go so you don't end up flaking on a friend.

BBS Signature

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-24 09:00:33

At 8/24/14 08:19 AM, larrynachos wrote: Have someone leave a trail of snacks from here to the gym.

Forget the snacks.
Leave a trail of entrees from there to the gym and back.

You know, to motivate you and so you "won't get lost".

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-24 11:34:33

Why can't you people just develop naturally delicious bodies like mine? Fuck a gym.

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-24 11:35:13

Pussy is the greatest motivator to do anything
or boipussy

Picture that juicy boipussy mayne, it could be yours if you weren't such a fat piece of shit

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-24 11:40:35

Why would YOU PAY to go to the gym while there's so much physical work around which you'll get ripped and PAID?

You goys amuse me.

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-24 11:44:59

what you need are steroids and adderall and possibly meth. go to your local black dude and hell have it all. hope this helps!

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-24 11:56:02

There really is no way to motivate yourself, at least that's how it is for me. Really all there is to it is just forcing yourself outside. I've been going to the gym on and off for a few years now, and the feeling of "fuck I don't wanna go" never goes away. You just cope with it. Besides, dedication is more important than motivation. Motivation is just a surge of energy that means jack shit. Dedication actually brings results and builds character.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-24 12:08:44

There are too many bitches where I live to not go to the gym.

BBS Signature

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-24 13:34:06

I've never had to motivate myself to go to the gym. I always loved working out. lol when I was a kid and was acting up, my parents would threaten me to stop me from going to training to get me to do whatever they wanted me to do. And it would always work. I hated the idea of not being able to go practice. lol

Maybe if you want motivation, you can visualize yourself doing what you want to do, write down a list of reasons why you would do it.
Like, for me, I'm designing a website right now to promote myself as a coach and dance teacher. Honestly, I HATE the whole process of website design. I hate sitting down for extended periods of time,I hate reading all the technical jargon about it (probably not technical to you guys). But I know that once it's up and running, it's a skill I'll always have and the maintenance will be less time consuming.
What I did was I wrote down all the reasons why I wanted this. I made as big of a list as I could. That fired me up. I also would picture myself sitting down to focus on it. On the bus home from work, I would say "Okay GG, you're going to do such-and-such" and I would see it happen in my mind.
I did this over and over again and now the process is pretty much a habit.

Once you can get the thing engrained as a habit, it's no longer a hard chore. You can find all sorts of things online, grab a friend, and hold each other accountable. "For the next 90 days, we're going to dedicated 1 hour 4 times a week to doing this." After 3 months of consistency, it'll just be something that you do and you won't have to dread it anymore.

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-24 13:49:39

When you get sick of staying the same...when you become impatient with yourself, and annoyed with your laziness and inaction. When the pain of being fat and unhealthy outweighs the pain of progress.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-24 14:56:49

At 8/24/14 08:19 AM, larrynachos wrote: Have someone leave a trail of snacks from here to the gym.

Part of me wants to believe a gym has used this in an advertising campaign before.

First blood! First topic of 2010!

KC Green has just won my heart.

Kogey made a sig, but it was too much for me to handle.

BBS Signature

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-24 15:00:56

Fuck the gym, eat a carrot and hope for the best.

BBS Signature

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-24 15:18:19

Take a walk to the gym. It'll lose weight then driving a car.

"let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself" - FDR

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-24 17:03:38

Do white people eat from the ground?

BBS Signature

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-24 18:35:47

At 8/24/14 11:40 AM, Makakaov wrote: Why would YOU PAY to go to the gym while there's so much physical work around which you'll get ripped and PAID?

Because if you're not in any physical state to DO that work, you won't do it well and you won't get paid to do it.

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-24 18:39:32

At 8/24/14 05:03 PM, klompors wrote:
Do white people eat from the ground?

...Wait, you mean you don't?

I learned my eating etiquette from Wolfenstein 3D.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-24 18:47:57

At 8/24/14 06:35 PM, Scarface wrote:
At 8/24/14 11:40 AM, Makakaov wrote: Why would YOU PAY to go to the gym while there's so much physical work around which you'll get ripped and PAID?
Because if you're not in any physical state to DO that work, you won't do it well and you won't get paid to do it.

Oh, I am very sorry, I thought you americans live in land of opportunity, where it's possible for a total stickman or fatass to get employed temporarily at let's say some kind of construction site where he'd mostly transport bricks and shit and then get paid and ripped in the process because it's sure as hell possible in where I live and supposedely eastern europe is a shithole.

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-24 20:52:19

Here is the secret: if you are fat, you probably jerk off a lot. And eat a lot (semi-obviously) When you get the urge to jerk off, or eat, it's your body telling you that it wants some kind of stimulation.

Exercise is just as pleasurable (actually more-so, because it lasts longer and goes deeper) than eating or jerking off, or drinking soda, or whatever.

Top tips:
1. Don't beat yourself up. I'd be willing to bet money that this is your problem. Don't be like "READY, time to go super-sayan and hit the gym with the 1000x intensity of a firey ball of dragon rage" Just be like "time to go and do some exercise." It's fun. Think about playing paintball, or whatever. That's exercise. That's fun. It's cool to go ssj once in a while, but if you put too much pressure on yourself to change everything overnight all the time, you can build up lots of resistance and end up doing less than you could have. Just learn to enjoy it. It doesn't have to be unpleasant. It actually feels really good in your body.

2. Forget all of those dicks at school who were always trying to make you go faster/harder than you were ready for. If you were out of shape, and you're doing the same activities as everybody else, you're gonna actually be putting waay too much effort in, and getting unrealistically high expectations of what it takes to do some exercise. Figure out what your pace is.

3. Get sort of okay with your body as it is now, so you're not trying to escape from something horrible, but moving towards something positive.

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-24 22:46:16

Here ya go.

Motivation to go to the gym

BBS Signature

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-25 00:00:39

Get new music. That's how I do it.

That and I look in the mirror and call myself a fatass until I get up and go. Yes sir.

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-25 00:04:23

You'll probably see some hot chicks there

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Motivation to go to the gym 2014-08-25 01:12:11

k

stp1- buy treadmill
stp2- attach giant tv to said treadmill
stp3- make so that tv is powered by treadmill
stp4- lose weight until you need lasik surgery for eyes