00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Thanksgiving Collab

3,112 Views | 47 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-08-20 19:13:01

Hello, and welcome to the Thanksgiving Collab!

What is this about?
The Thanksgiving Collab is a big celebration/bitter commentary about Thanksgiving! There are two parts: The Shorts and the Parade. You can contribute to one or both parts!

For a short, you can joke about the dinner, complain about the evening before Black Friday, be totally confused because you don't celebrate the holiday, whatever you want. Get creative!

For the parade, you can draw a float to be featured in it! It can be static or animated. The below image will be the background for the parade. Here's the full size versions of it (PNG/FLA

Rules & Regulations
If you're going to take part, your submission must:
1) Be related in some way to Thanksgiving if you make a short. (floats get a free pass on this.)
2) Be of a reasonable quality.
3) Not be too vulgar or inappropriate (nothing too gory or sexual) We're aiming for a T Rating.
4) If you animate your float, keep it less than 10 seconds. If it's a looping animation, no more than 5 seconds.
5) I'd say not to make your short more than a one minute and 30 seconds. If you want an exception, run it by me.

Acceptable Submission Formats:
The collab will be made at 24 frames per second, at a resolution of 960x540.
Your short can be sent as an .fla, a .swf, or an .mp4 file.

Your float can be sent as an .fla, a .swf. You may also use a series of.png images, but they must have a transparent background in place of the provided one.

If you haven't been added to the project, add your file to the dump and PM me. If you have been added, add the file to the project's file share.

I know thanksgiving's a little while away, but consider it extra time to make a quality project. Do your best, and good luck!

The Thanksgiving Collab

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-08-20 21:50:27

Almost forgot, the deadline is November 17, ten days before thanksgiving.

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-08-24 14:58:10

If there are people actually looking into doing this collab I wouldn't mind making a little something.

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-08-24 19:39:53

At 8/24/14 02:58 PM, m4x12 wrote: If there are people actually looking into doing this collab I wouldn't mind making a little something.

Okay, I'll add you to the list.

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-08-26 23:13:25

So far, there hasn't been much in the way of contributors, so consider this collab dormant. If there's not at least five contributors by November 10th, consider it dead.

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-08-27 02:14:03

I havent animated much on newgrounds, But if your willing to accept me... Im in.

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-08-28 16:35:17

I'll whip up a retarded little short. Most probably.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-08-28 19:14:09

I know thanksgiving's a little while away, but consider it extra time to make a quality project. Do your best, and good luck!

I Got's to get on this my friends!

The Thanksgiving Collab

k

BBS Signature

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-08-28 20:19:37

@hipnikdragomir
@spoonfulltits

Added you to the project.

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-10-02 21:56:45

@m4x12 @mrpivotfigure @hipnikdragomir @spoonfulltits

I'm curious, has anyone made any progress with this? You don't have to have made any, I'd just like to keep track.

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-10-03 02:13:17

At 10/2/14 09:56 PM, yetanotherjohn wrote: @m4x12 @mrpivotfigure @hipnikdragomir @spoonfulltits

I'm curious, has anyone made any progress with this? You don't have to have made any, I'd just like to keep track.

Hey, Sorry, I will make progress once I have my computer and tablet back up again. I am extremely busy at this moment and time my man. I almost forgot about this collab haha.

The Thanksgiving Collab

k

BBS Signature

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-10-03 23:46:41

Sorry for the lack of anything. I've been very busy and focused on other things. I'll most probably start on something soon. I'll make a note of it

BBS Signature

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-10-26 19:13:21

How many people are working in this collab? I finally just started...

k

BBS Signature

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-10-26 21:10:13

At 10/26/14 07:13 PM, SpoonFullTits wrote: How many people are working in this collab? I finally just started...

Five, including me., although you and @HipnikDragomir are the only ones who responded to my last post on this thread, so possibly not more than three...

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-10-27 16:47:11

If anyone needs a voice actor please let me know. Also, did you post the parade idea in the Art Forum? You might get more artists for the parade if you post a thread there. I think that is an excellent idea and should get a lot of people involved.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-10-28 21:52:16

Ooh, excellent. I started a Thanksgiving short last year that I think would be too short to submit on its own, so I could finish that up now and have it be part of this collab! If you'll accept it, of course ;3

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-10-28 22:46:24

Heres my idea (lol)
dont judge meh! its a good idea! (JK, JK)

The Thanksgiving Collab

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-10-30 16:22:23

At 10/27/14 04:47 PM, ForNoReason wrote: If anyone needs a voice actor please let me know. Also, did you post the parade idea in the Art Forum? You might get more artists for the parade if you post a thread there. I think that is an excellent idea and should get a lot of people involved.

Are you suggesting splitting the parade section into a separate collab? The original idea was that events like the Macy's parade are a big part of Thanksgiving Celebration, so why not include it in this collab? However, splitting them might be a good option, it would eliminate the thanksgiving deadline, and I never intended the section to be completely thanksgiving related anyway...

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-11-01 23:06:36

How many people are in this collab so far (counting me, since I'll join)?

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-11-02 13:00:42

At 11/1/14 11:06 PM, nat29 wrote: How many people are in this collab so far (counting me, since I'll join)?

About 8 at this point.

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-11-07 18:41:38

Hey so I should have time to make something for this collab. I'll keep you guys posted with what I got!

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-11-08 06:16:37

At 10/30/14 04:22 PM, yetanotherjohn wrote:
At 10/27/14 04:47 PM, ForNoReason wrote:

Are you suggesting splitting the parade section into a separate collab? The original idea was that events like the Macy's parade are a big part of Thanksgiving Celebration, so why not include it in this collab? However, splitting them might be a good option, it would eliminate the thanksgiving deadline, and I never intended the section to be completely thanksgiving related anyway...

I wasn't saying spilt it. I was just suggesting you post the idea in the art forum as well so you can get more people to create pictures for the parade part.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-11-08 08:55:16

I'll join. I'm gonna do both a float and a short, but could you show me an example of a float? I'm not very sure how to draw it properly (the viewpoint is kinda weird for the background).

BBS Signature

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-11-09 05:33:41

I will join too!

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-11-10 08:33:03

I'd very much like to join in on this collab if there are any spots left.

why is basement so much scary at night

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-11-11 01:21:04

Welp, finished my part. How's everyone else doing? :3

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-11-13 13:01:58

At 11/8/14 08:55 AM, larrynachos wrote: I'll join. I'm gonna do both a float and a short, but could you show me an example of a float? I'm not very sure how to draw it properly (the viewpoint is kinda weird for the background).

Sorry I'm so late with this, and sorry about the confusion. I made a quick drawing which should hopefully clear things up.

The Thanksgiving Collab

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-11-13 13:53:24

Sorry guys I will have to pull out, I can't make it I underestimated my school project and will have to cancel due to time constraints.

I hope to see your work on the front page as number 1!!!

Good Luck!

-Bart-

The Thanksgiving Collab

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-11-13 14:20:44

At 11/13/14 01:53 PM, ox7bart7xo wrote: Sorry guys I will have to pull out, I can't make it I underestimated my school project and will have to cancel due to time constraints.

I hope to see your work on the front page as number 1!!!

Good Luck!

-Bart-

Thank you! Best of luck with your project!

Response to The Thanksgiving Collab 2014-11-13 18:15:38

It is with utmost regret that I must pull out as well. Hellhole of a schedule. Working on another cartoon in my spare time. I deeply apologize, OP. Maybe some other time

The Thanksgiving Collab

BBS Signature