00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

deadenddraws just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The sickest you've ever been

2,782 Views | 45 Replies

The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-19 18:05:57

We've all been under the weather at one point or another.

I'm just wondering what's the sickest you've ever been? Were you ever hospitalised? And for how long were you sick?

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-19 18:07:15

Either the flu or some really bad hangovers I've had.

BBS Signature

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-19 18:08:02

I almost never get sick, but been feeling something for these past few days. Runny nose, aches, chills, sore throat. Was actually about to grab a thermometer.

BBS Signature

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-19 18:12:08

This one time, I approached my mother with chest pains and then kept blacking out over and over. Finally woke up at the hospital and was let out a couple hours later. They think it may have been indigestion, and they gave me something that may have been Pepto Bismo

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-19 18:13:23

The sickest I have ever been was that one time when my appendix was about to burst.

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.”~Ikkaku from Bleach.

BBS Signature

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-19 18:16:31

At 8/19/14 06:05 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: We've all been under the weather at one point or another.

I'm just wondering what's the sickest you've ever been? Were you ever hospitalised? And for how long were you sick?

i have been sick on different days. I was not hospitalized when i was sick. I hate getting Sick a lot.

Having Peace is Fabulous

BBS Signature

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-19 18:16:34

Does overeating count?

Last new year's I ate so much food, and on monday when I had to go back to school I spend half of the first period in the bathroom with crippling diarrhea and a hella lot of vomiting.

If, not then probably one time when I had a fever and started hallucinating really badly.

BBS Signature

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-19 18:23:11

One day, I was puking so violently and frequently, along with diarrhea and was so dehydrated that I had an ambulance come to the house. I vomited so hard that my balls and taint hurt. Yes, that can happen, apparently. They gave me ondansetron to stop the vomiting. I've never felt more ill than that day. I also had some sort of virus when I was 6 years old that caused extreme pain in my leg and I had to stay in the hospital. My dad had to carry me in.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-19 18:32:51

i spent about 3 days in the hospital for food poisoning when i was 7 or 6 maybe 8.

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-19 19:56:49

At 8/19/14 07:43 PM, Sensationalism wrote: At 8/19/14 06:12 PM, CiviLies wrote:
This one time, I approached my mother with chest pains and then kept blacking out over and over. Finally woke up at the hospital and was let out a couple hours later. They think it may have been indigestion, and they gave me something that may have been Pepto Bismo
All that from indigestion? Geez!

Hah, I dunno what to say. I remember pleading my mom for help, then blacking out. Being carried down the stairs by stretcher, then blacking out. Riding in the ambulance, then blacking out. Finally woke up in the hospital, and remained stable. Maybe it was a bit more than indigestion, but they said they couldn't find actually find anything /: Lol

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-19 20:42:47

At 8/19/14 07:59 PM, Skaren wrote: cancer + shingles combined at the age of 6

boom bitches

I had shingles when I was 17 or 18. I still have faint marks from it on my right temple. It seems I didn't have it nearly as bad as people can get it. It was itchy and gave me a headache.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-19 21:09:47

I had something called the stomach flu once.

I was sick for weeks and I think I had diarrhea. My farts were so bad that I almost fainted from my own smell. And my diet was restricted to certain kinds of pasta, bread, and water. I was slightly bed-ridden. Not fun.

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-20 00:04:34

Got really sick with gas pain, a flu, and vomiting..
And it was exactly Dec 25 when I had this...
Worst Christmas ever... :c

Drawin' and being trash. :3

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-20 00:06:17

At 8/20/14 12:04 AM, 123mine123 wrote: Got really sick with gas pain, a flu, and vomiting..
And it was exactly Dec 25 when I had this...
Worst Christmas ever... :c

I never like being sick on Holidays

Having Peace is Fabulous

BBS Signature

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-20 00:15:16

My sister broke a local hospital record with a fever of 108 Without brain damage. she caught Encephalitis.

The worst I think I've ever really been was when I got mono around 7th grade. I didn't go to the hospital, but I was out of school for like 3 whole weeks.

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-20 00:18:14

I once had pneumonia accompanied by a fever of 103.5

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-20 00:57:55

At 8/19/14 06:05 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: We've all been under the weather at one point or another.

never been hospitalized b4 for being sick just minor surgeries....i'd knock on wood but my desk is marble

last winter though, I had a really bad bug, the main symptom being burning, explosive persistent diarrhea that lasted for a few days. I also had never sweated so profusely. The first day I had to take a sh*t around 25 times...basically taking 1.5s (peeing out of my *ss) after some visits I lost so much water that I would pretty much pass out, barely even making it out of the restroom.

BBS Signature

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-20 01:02:33

I've been getting food poisoning annoyingly frequently as of lately. One time it was so bad that salivating would cause me to vomit.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-20 08:25:15

my body stopped producing parathyroid hormones for unknown reasons long time ago without me realising it, and as a result, the blood calcium could not be regulated.

one day, the calcium level was so low that at first my entire right hand side went numb, and then i had a bad seizure. when i arrived at hospital, doctors were shocked how low the figure was (less than half the normal level) and considered it life-threatening.

i was in hospital for two weeks. they did many tests and still could not figure out why i could not produce parathyroid hormones. ecg, ekg, numerous blood tests, mri,...

it is permanent and now i have to take calcium pills and vitamin D regularly. i get tired quite easily when i don't get enough calcium.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-20 08:32:29

I had a 40-42º fever once.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-20 08:35:22

At 8/20/14 08:30 AM, WahyahRanger wrote: And shingles is a reoccurring issue, isn't it? Looking forward to dealing with that again.

No, it's like chicken pox. You usually just get it once. Except it's usually just in one area instead of all over. I got it on the right side of my head. Pretty sure it's better if you got it young. But yeah, it usually happens to older people.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-20 08:54:49

At 8/20/14 08:40 AM, WahyahRanger wrote: Mine appeared of the side of my face, down my neck, and down my left arm to about my elbow, so it's not like it covered every inch of my body, but yeah...

You got it worse than I did.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-20 09:50:03

March 2013, stomach flu.
It was freakin' terrible.

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-20 10:21:02

I had malaria twice as a kid (well technically once then a relapse a few years later). I dont remember it all that well though.

Most recently though I had a random attack of vomiting that eventually lead me to be dehydrated to the point where my muscles locked up and I became paralyzed. Had to have an ambulance come and take me to the ER where they shot my full of morphine, anti nausea medicine and a ton of IV bags for fluids.

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-20 16:09:00

2 years ago I had the worst head cold known to man.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-20 21:48:20

One time I puked so hard I pooped myself.

That was pretty neat.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-20 22:10:36

One time I pulled a 1080 McTwist without having my sunglasses fall of on a steel half-pipe with no padding

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-20 22:15:20

Puking like fuck.

BBS Signature

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-20 22:46:37

I guess you could count alcohol poisoning as sick so that's mine.

BBS Signature

Response to The sickest you've ever been 2014-08-26 22:48:24

Couple times I caught the flu I threw up 5-7 times in one day, if I recall correctly. It was pretty terrible.

Though to be fair, I almost never get sick, so I suppose I shouldn't complain too much.