00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dialusional just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Noahs arc

1,469 Views | 28 Replies

Noahs arc 2014-08-18 21:48:44

If the great flood happenend and wiped out all the animals...

There was one dude on board...

How... Are we here... Males and females.. And so forth...

No religion arguments... Im just curious about this ONE. SINGLE. IDEA. Thats it.

BBS Signature

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-18 21:50:27

He took his family with him, ya ding dong.

BBS Signature

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-18 21:51:02

I thought he gathered the animals while his wife was on board?

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-18 21:52:36

Okokok

Guess the family was just downplayed... A lot

BBS Signature

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-18 21:54:21

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-18 21:55:23

At 8/18/14 09:52 PM, tox wrote: Okokok

How many interpretations of this story have you heard?

BBS Signature

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-18 22:06:21

At 8/18/14 09:55 PM, DM692 wrote:

How many interpretations of this story have you heard?

Only what i see on tv, cartoons, hear about it, lore, and so forth.... Never went to the real source of information (the book)

BBS Signature

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-18 22:11:04

Not really, if you look at the Scripture it doesn't fail to adequately mention (in my opinion) that Noah's family was taken along as well. Then there's that whole deal with incest I suppose, but who here wouldn't fuck their hot, righteous cousin if the only alternative was a filthy godless sinner?

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-18 22:17:38

At 8/18/14 10:11 PM, TailsPrower wrote: but who here wouldn't fuck their hot, righteous cousin if the only alternative was a filthy godless sinner?

Wait a minute...

- Pinkie Pie sig
- Applejack sig
- episode Pinkie Apple Pie
- my God...

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-18 23:32:32

At 8/18/14 11:08 PM, KatMaestro wrote: If you take anything from the Noah story seriously, then you gotta have your brain check once a while.

I dont know what your problem is but if you know anything about me i dont agree with anything to do with religion...
I am however smart enough to ask about the other side of the fence before i just turn my nose up

BBS Signature

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-19 01:44:24

I'm curious. Couldn't god just kill everything and recreate them? The ark is kinda pointless.

BBS Signature

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-19 01:48:05

At 8/19/14 01:44 AM, larrynachos wrote: I'm curious. Couldn't god just kill everything and recreate them? The ark is kinda pointless.

Genesis says that god rested on the 7th day after he finished creating the earth and all that good shit, so fuck re-doing it all; it ain't easy.

I mean, IF YA BELIEVE IN THAT STUFF.

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-19 01:50:46

Entered expecting discussion of Noah's arc. Left disappointed when discussion was instead of Noah's ark.

I wanted to hear about Noah's ability to arc electricity between his fingers like some kind of X-Men character.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-19 01:51:36

At 8/19/14 01:48 AM, Jester wrote: Genesis says that god rested on the 7th day after he finished creating the earth and all that good shit, so fuck re-doing it all; it ain't easy.

I mean, IF YA BELIEVE IN THAT STUFF.

huephhuephhueph of course I don't.

And the dude's a god. If he's really as powerful as some people tell me is, he shouldn't get tired out THAT easily

I understand that he created the fuckin universe, but geez suck it up pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-20 04:08:43

There's actually more of this shit.

1. If the only people on the ark is noah,noah's family, and the animals.Then how did they repopulate the earth,did they like commit incest ? And isnt that like kinda forbidden ?

2. If there was a great flood then how did the freshwater fishes live ? Isnt the rain salt water ?

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-20 04:12:50

At 8/18/14 11:55 PM, Xenomit wrote: 1. It is fundamentally impossible in every way for someone to collect 2 of every animal on the planet and store them on to a ship made out of wood, along with have enough food for all of those animals

To be fair there wasnt every species there is now back then so you have to take that into account

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-20 04:15:51

At 8/20/14 04:08 AM, bozz32 wrote: 2. If there was a great flood then how did the freshwater fishes live ? Isnt the rain salt water ?

Whenever they were about to die, Noah and crew gave them mouth-to-mouth to resuscitate them, obviously.

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-20 04:16:12

You sir, do not know Adam from Eve @OP. No I am not religious but I am not arrogant at the same time, how about you ask a question that makes sense, lol.

If you meant in todays society who gets on and who does not

I suggest you watch 2012, that will define your answer.

You got money, I sure as fuck hope so.

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-20 04:17:08

also since this is the bible here, take into account that if this were real a lot of it couldve been manipulated by GOD, including the boat not sinking and the animals fitting and stuff.

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-20 04:21:49

At 8/20/14 04:17 AM, Nor wrote: also since this is the bible here, take into account that if this were real a lot of it couldve been manipulated by GOD, including the boat not sinking and the animals fitting and stuff.

I am in no way religious, and in no way will factor things like he manipulated the boat to fit, or it would have been in the Bible. Noah was given specific details of how to build this wooden boat, please remember that.

Also, when Titanic was built everyone said due to mass, and size it would sink.

I expected more from NG. :(

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-20 04:25:09

At 8/20/14 04:21 AM, CreateAndDestroy wrote:
At 8/20/14 04:17 AM, Nor wrote: also since this is the bible here, take into account that if this were real a lot of it couldve been manipulated by GOD, including the boat not sinking and the animals fitting and stuff.
I am in no way religious, and in no way will factor things like he manipulated the boat to fit, or it would have been in the Bible. Noah was given specific details of how to build this wooden boat, please remember that.

Yeah I guess youre right.

Im just saying that not everything in the bible can be scientifically proven, like Moses' staff. So I was just saying some things are just really super natural.

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-20 04:29:05

At 8/20/14 04:25 AM, Nor wrote:
Yeah I guess youre right.

Im just saying that not everything in the bible can be scientifically proven, like Moses' staff. So I was just saying some things are just really super natural.

Do not get me wrong, I believe in the BIBLE. I just think through time and translations of the different languages, it has been misconstrued, I honestly want people to believe in what they believe in. If I could lock this thread I would.

Mainly because OP¨used a biblical reference then told everyone not to look to the bible for their replies.

Quite obnoxious IMO.

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-20 04:31:26

At 8/20/14 04:29 AM, CreateAndDestroy wrote:
Mainly because OP¨used a biblical reference then told everyone not to look to the bible for their replies.

Quite obnoxious IMO.

Yeah, I think it is too. He was also seriously misinformed but its alright he got corrected I guess.
Also Im not religious either but I think there's truth in it, it is a very old book and its fascinating at that.

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-20 04:34:46

At 8/20/14 04:31 AM, Nor wrote:
Yeah, I think it is too. He was also seriously misinformed but its alright he got corrected I guess.
Also Im not religious either but I think there's truth in it, it is a very old book and its fascinating at that.

Honestly, I came to say my two cents, and did not think less of it.
Topics like this, religion especially should be locked off the bat, nobody has seen eye to eye on their opinions. It is almost disgusting.

OP is a troll, I will leave it at that.

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-20 08:50:59

Noah's ark is a metaphor for evolution, man. I heard it while tripping out on the stars...

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-20 09:01:29

At 8/20/14 04:29 AM, CreateAndDestroy wrote:

Quite obnoxious IMO.

I challenge you on that.

BBS Signature

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-20 09:20:40

The story of a world-ending flood and some god-loving dude surviving it on a boat was around long before it was appropriated by Judaism.

Like most of the myths and parables in modern day religions, it was originally part of an earlier religion's doctrine. Which is why I always laugh when someone believes they are a member of the only "one true religion". Shit, most of your religious doctrine was borrowed and readapted from completely different religions.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-20 19:34:14

At 8/20/14 09:20 AM, Timmy wrote: The story of a world-ending flood and some god-loving dude surviving it on a boat was around long before it was appropriated by Judaism.

Like most of the myths and parables in modern day religions, it was originally part of an earlier religion's doctrine. Which is why I always laugh when someone believes they are a member of the only "one true religion". Shit, most of your religious doctrine was borrowed and readapted from completely different religions.

^This. So much this. Thank you for putting it succinctly.

Religion appropriates beliefs from earlier religions and changes them a bit to suit their tastes, then turns around and declares all earlier religions to be evil or demonic or whatever, followed by a period of religious "holy" wars which is basically just a bunch of murdering people of competing religions or for "being a witch", rinse, lather, repeat.

If God was so loving, would he spread his "good news" through murderous conquest? Christianity spread, for example, not because of "God's love" but because early Christians literally went everywhere murdering people of competing religions and destroying any history of their existence. For example look what they did in the Americas. Islam is the same, but newer, so they're still on their murderous conquest phase.

Response to Noahs arc 2014-08-20 23:24:13

Those who actually believe in the Noah's Ark story to be true is an idiot, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't good entertainment for it's time. After all, you never let the facts get in the way of a good story, and the Bible is full of good stories, especially with all of the blood, sex and casual genocide that it is shown that would fit quite nicely with Warhammer 40k lore, the similarities are uncanny once you get past the setting.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature