00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mibrudabot1225 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Razzies

944 Views | 13 Replies

The Razzies 2014-08-16 23:37:05

I can't be the only one that thinks they're complete and utter bullshit.

They give out awards for the "worst" of the year when in reality they just follow stupid Hollywood trends. I mean, look at Catwoman. Was it a bad movie? Yes, it was, but was it the worst that came out that year? Not by a longshot. The movie, and countless other Razzie "winning" movies are nothing more than the Razzies trying to be hip and follow whatever is hot.

If "Manos": The Hands of Fate came out today it wouldn't win a Razzie. Like every other shitty B movie or indie film it's utterly ignored by the Razzies. Okay, I can see B movies not getting in, but look at how many shitty, high profile indie films are overlooked or how many movies that weren't intended to be box office hits but still get negative reviews are utterly glossed over by the Razzies in favor of more well known films that are often bad, but not as bad as other films that came out that year.

Fuckin' Razzies, man.3

Response to The Razzies 2014-08-16 23:55:27

At 8/16/14 11:45 PM, WahyahRanger wrote:
Also, speaking of bad movies, Ever watch Machete?

Yeah. I didn't think it was too bad though considering the direction the film was supposed to go in.

Response to The Razzies 2014-08-16 23:58:07

Didn't After Earth win a razzie? It wasn't at ALL the worst movie. Subpar? yes. Worst film evah? definite NOPE.

Response to The Razzies 2014-08-17 00:01:34

At 8/16/14 11:45 PM, WahyahRanger wrote: I'm not all too familiar with a "Razzie" award, except for The Last Airbender was nominated for one.

Machete was fucking awesome, you miss the point of that movie's tone.

Response to The Razzies 2014-08-17 00:15:41

At 8/17/14 12:04 AM, WahyahRanger wrote:
At 8/17/14 12:01 AM, WrightOnTarget wrote: Machete was fucking awesome, you miss the point of that movie's tone.
You obviously missed my last post. I liked it, and yes it was supposed to be cheesy, but it was overall pretty "wtf"

Totally breezed by it.

Response to The Razzies 2014-08-17 00:16:06

At 8/16/14 11:56 PM, WahyahRanger wrote:
At 8/16/14 11:55 PM, vannila-guerilla wrote: Yeah. I didn't think it was too bad though considering the direction the film was supposed to go in.
I liked it because it was so damn cheesy and then would get randomly over-sexualized.

Watching danny trejo with a bunch of naked white bitches was hilarious.

BBS Signature

Response to The Razzies 2014-08-17 00:20:36

never cared much for them

they pick relatively safe bad films that aren't going to surprise anyone by being bad or bad films that will create stimulating discussion over how bad they are most of the time anyway

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to The Razzies 2014-08-17 00:32:41

At 8/17/14 12:20 AM, Natick wrote: never cared much for them

they pick relatively safe bad films that aren't going to surprise anyone by being bad or bad films that will create stimulating discussion over how bad they are most of the time anyway

My thoughts exactly. I'd love to see them be a bit more realistic but it won't happen.

One thing I forgot to mention was that they sometimes even pick things that weren't considered bad. I really don't understand that.

Response to The Razzies 2014-08-17 01:10:32

Well, you know how popular opinion works.
They're the anti-Oscars.

Award shows in general are held too high.

Response to The Razzies 2014-08-17 02:30:16

At 8/17/14 12:32 AM, vannila-guerilla wrote:
At 8/17/14 12:20 AM, Natick wrote: never cared much for them

My thoughts exactly. I'd love to see them be a bit more realistic but it won't happen.

One thing I forgot to mention was that they sometimes even pick things that weren't considered bad. I really don't understand that.

*"will not create stimulating discussion" is what i meant to say

what, like oscar bait?

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to The Razzies 2014-08-17 02:35:04

I couldn't agree more, they're so stupid and pretentious.

BBS Signature

Response to The Razzies 2014-08-17 04:10:19

At 8/16/14 11:45 PM, WahyahRanger wrote: I'm not all too familiar with a "Razzie" award, except for The Last Airbender was nominated for one.

Machete wasn't that bad. It was intentionally cheesy and ridiculous. I honestly liked it. Apparently they made a sequel, but I never watched it.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to The Razzies 2014-08-17 11:00:11

"Disaster Movie" was ranked as the worst movie of all time by the Internet Movie Database and it didn't win a Razzie for Worst Picture! Then again, I don't think "The Shawshank Redemption" won an Oscar either. "The Blair Witch Project" won a Razzie for worst actor even though 87% of critics liked it! Then again, my teacher hates it.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to The Razzies 2014-08-17 17:22:01

At 8/17/14 04:10 AM, Stretchysumo wrote:

Machete wasn't that bad. It was intentionally cheesy and ridiculous. I honestly liked it. Apparently they made a sequel, but I never watched it.

Machete was awesome and funny, but the sequel sucked. It's too bad, cuz I was happy to see Marko Zaror get a prominent role in a mainstream movie in theaters and I had hoped it would get him more attention.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature