00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MatthieuxDancingDead just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How often should I publish ?

965 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

How often should I publish ? 2014-08-16 05:06:31

Here is the thing:
I started publishing my music a couple of months ago, my idea is to publish a new song every two weeks.
I have a decent "stash" of finished material available, and some more stuff "in the oven".
How often do you NG musicians publish new audio?
Can experienced users give me some advice?

Musicians make music , producers make products. * drops mic :D

BBS Signature

Response to How often should I publish ? 2014-08-16 05:42:39

I publish, simply as and when I'm able. There have sometimes been intervals spanning a few months between pieces. Some even have little to no inspiration, and take almost year-long breaks.

In short, do what you feel is best.

Response to How often should I publish ? 2014-08-16 08:23:34

At 8/16/14 05:42 AM, Troisnyx wrote: I publish, simply as and when I'm able. There have sometimes been intervals spanning a few months between pieces. Some even have little to no inspiration, and take almost year-long breaks.

In short, do what you feel is best.

This makes a lot of sense, I have long uninspired periods of time too, I guess I'll try to publish just the very best of my material according to the plan, and then, let inspiration took its own pace.

Thanks for your reply Ma'am.

BBS Signature

Response to How often should I publish ? 2014-08-16 17:08:23

I was able to maintain one upload per week on Youtube for two years. I use to have a lot of free time though.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to How often should I publish ? 2014-08-18 02:39:41

:So maybe making a great piece of music every once in a while is better than frequent uploading of so-so compositions.

Good advice man.
After the selection of my best stuff I'll take a little extra time to polish it.

BBS Signature