00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Judging Others

496 Views | 12 Replies

Judging Others 2014-08-15 00:32:21

Is it really ok to judge people, for better or for worse?

Is it a good thing, or is it a bad thing? The internet is divided on it, and I'm pretty much confused about it.
Are there any positive effects to it? Are there any negative effects to it? What's the overall impact on society?

So help me out Newgrounds: Is it a good or bad thing to judge people?

Response to Judging Others 2014-08-15 00:35:57

It depends what you're judging them for.

Say, judging somebody because they like something different than you, or have different values, is bad.

Judging somebody because they're a serial killer or they abuse children is good, because that's how we get justice.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Judging Others 2014-08-15 00:36:28

You need to judge people, judging them for how you think they will be and how they will act. It makes you able to judge whether or not someone is fitting for a task. The key is to not let your judgement cloud your vision and focus on them. It is entirely possible, and in fact highly likely that your judgement of people will be wrong in one way or another. So though it is best to have them it is not a good idea to base anything on them alone.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Judging Others 2014-08-15 00:43:11

Judge fairly. Wait until you have all the facts before making a judgment and so forth.

Worst thing you can do is negatively judge someone that you don't even know, especially if it's based off superficial criteria.

Don't be hasty to judge but at the same time if someone does something bad it's okay to judge them badly for it.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Judging Others 2014-08-15 00:48:52

Not a bad thing to do if you do it right.

Response to Judging Others 2014-08-15 00:58:43

We can't help but judge others no matter how hard we try. Just do your best not to judge someone before you get to know them. As the old saying goes, don't judge a book by it's cover.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Judging Others 2014-08-15 01:11:46

At 8/15/14 12:32 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:
Is it a good or bad thing to judge people?

depends on what they do.

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Judging Others 2014-08-15 02:03:57

We all judge people always. It's impossible to not judge someone.

Hanging out with your best friend playing 360 or shooting some hoops? You're still judging him. You're judging him and coming up with the verdict he or she is trustworthy. That simple. We always judge.

Response to Judging Others 2014-08-15 02:22:34

Not judging is equaling the noble with the most depraved. It is a moral obtusion. A warrant for degeneration.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Judging Others 2014-08-15 05:07:01

You can't really judge somebody or someone you don't know.

Response to Judging Others 2014-08-15 12:26:10

If people choose to live a certain lifestyle, why should I look down on them? I've had lower standards of living even when I made a lot of money. It's all about how you choose to live.

BBS Signature

Response to Judging Others 2014-08-15 17:19:53

At 8/15/14 04:13 PM, Amaranthus wrote: My mom tends to judge people she's never even talked to. It's annoying as fuck.

Should ... should we judge her for that?

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Judging Others 2014-08-15 19:29:10

I don't think there's a "good" or "bad" about it.

I think it depends on the results you want. If you judge someone poorly based on whatever qualities you find unattractive, then it's likely because you want to associate with a different type of person.
For example, I don't associate with people who whine, bitch, complain, moan about things in life. I really don't have time for it. I judge them poorly and look down on that kind of behaviour.
Instead, I prefer to associate with people who make things happen and have a general positivity about them. I like people who make things happen.

I think when it comes to group vs group discussions, judgements halt understanding. When "republicans" judges a "democrat" or a "communist," understanding of their stance stops and it blocks you from maybe opening up your own mind and building a relationship toward a common underlying goal. I think that can have a limiting effect.
Rather than expand our minds to new alternatives to ideas, various camps get formed. Camps that are "good" and "right vs camps that are "bad" and "wrong." I think it's human nature to fight against something and conquer that which is not like them. It's how we got here although it is an outmoded way of behaving.