00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

renatocfrancisco just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Vampire Issues

555 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Vampire Issues 2014-08-14 21:56:43

Apologies for not having a story up last week, just got back from my dad's, moving into a new house, more excuses. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this readers.
This story will be in the perspective of Daniel Williams, a vampire turned at a young age that can walk in the daylight because he is also partly a mysterious race that opposes the vampires, however, Daniel doesn't know what yet. This will be my first story through his perspective, and as such, I'll list a few extra things about him.
His fighting style revolves around blades strapped to his arms and legs that can switched out for wooden stakes. His fighting style is very acrobatic, incorporating various flips and rolls and epic leaps ending in very bloody stabs. His blades are 3 feet long, and can be slid in and out easily because they were enchanted to be contained within the straps hidden under his jacket as a fluid. He took them from the vampire hunter Van Helsing when he was drunk and tried to kill him and slipped and fell on a chair and broke his neck. He was only 7 and a new vampire when this happened.
He taught himself his own style and after taking a job from a woman named Nora Vasclair, he was adopted by her and put into school at the age of 13.
He has ghostly white skin, grey lips, and medium length white hair. He wears all black and a white shirt. He wears sneakers that have a permanent black stain that is darker than the shoes themselves. He tells people it's from paint but really it's from when he stomped a vampire's head to mush. He has gray eyes. He is a very big nerd.
He has been doing odd jobs for various criminals since he was 10.
Let the story begin.
------------------------------

"Today we'll be discussing the myths of the medieval age." the teacher says.

No idea what his name is since school started. I just turned 17 today and I'm wondering what to do with this.
I pull out a book and start to read it. I read a lot of books based on these myths so I'll be fine.
Nora said we were gonna do something special for it but no idea what.
I don't like this class too much. The teacher and a lot of the students are human so they ignore the freaks in the room. We all just crowded into a corner because we're the only people we can get along with even though I've been paid to kill friends of their's before. You can guess I'm not popular.
Nobody likes the killer unless he has some quirk. He's insane, he's highly justified, nobody really likes the bounty hunter. That's what I've been all my life.
There's this one girl, a fae, she's been alive for a century, but she's still a teenager according to the fae. To humanity, she's just a latin girl with no curves.
To use, she's blue, with long red hair. Still barely any curves though.
I was thinking of asking her out, since nobody, not even Nora knows I'm really only 17. I just age weird for a vampire. Probably the other half of me.
To everyone else I'm 117 years old.
Her name's Crysala.
We get along pretty, but that's probably cause I'm also the vampire's representative in the court.
She's a summer fae if you were curious.
Fuck it.

"Hey Crysala, bet I can surprise you."

"I doubt it but go ahead and try." she says offhandedly.

"Want to go out sometime?"

Everybody in our corner looks at me like I'm crazy.
The bounty hunter that hunts even his own kind dating a fae princess.
Utterly insane.
Except to Crysala.

"Sure, any specific time?"

"Maybe this Friday about 7?"

"I can do that."

"Just make sure I'm expected, you know I hate having to deal with Frecasol."

"Agreed."

This'll be sure to cause conflicts and lies and attempted murders and poisonings.
I love politics.
----------------------

After school I went with Nora to meet with my 'uncle' Vlad. Apparently I'm getting a bit closer to the circle no matter how much I establish I don't want to be in it. I don't like being important. I hate even being a diplomat. For some reason they think I'm perfect for it. Hell if I know why.
On the ride there I explained to Nora what happened today because politics demands I do.

"Are you fucking insane?" she asks me, looking me in the eyes while driving on a highway.

"I'm not answering that till the crazy woman starts looking at the road."

She glares for a second before glaring at the road.

"Do you have any idea what this means?"

"I have a girlfriend?"

"You may be a very modern vampire even by newborns standards but that doesn't mean she is. Plus think what this means politically. It's like you favor the summer now anyway."

"I dated that werewolf when I was 14. I dated a winter at 13, a wizard 14-"

"Why didn't all those work out?"

"Because they're cunts."

"Daniel!"

"Sorry. Alright, it was because they couldn't keep up with me and the world. Sorry if I'm not old fashioned."

"That wasn't the deal with that one girl. Myra, was it?"

"That wasn't either of our faults."

"What happened there anyway?"

"None of your concern."

That's no one's concern. Ever.

"Whatever. Vlad has a job for this Friday."

"Can't do Friday unless it's after 11."

"That date isn't gonna last that long."

"Never know. Might have to deal with some stupid idiots."

"The fae don't understand boundaries, that's one thing that's always true."
---------------

BBS Signature

Response to Vampire Issues 2014-08-14 22:13:00

I zoned out most of what Vlad told me. He's just an old man that thinks he's still Dracula. To most he still is.
Not to me though. To me he's an old man who doesn't understand silver bullets. Or guns. A whiz with a computer somehow. Hell if I know how.
However then things get weird when the king of the summer court struts in like he owns the place and starts yelling at me.
He looks like Crysala but taller and less feminine and his hair sticking up.
"How dare you even talk to my daughter after killing her mother!"

"Oi! We all know it was self-defense asshole! I was still a kid and she attacked me first! It was an accident she died. I still had no idea how to use these things but I do now."

"That doesn't explain your sudden growth."

"It's a proven thing called the turning or something. I don't fucking know but I didn't mean to kill her. But I definitely know how to use them now."

"Is that a threat?"

"No, just a fact."

"Both of you calm down this instant." Vlad commands.

We listen. He may be old but he's still pretty good at fighting.

"Now, your majesty, King Titanus, has a job for you unrelated to his daughter or any other fae for that matter."

"Yes. Friday at 1 a.m., your presence will be required for a sparring match as a referee between Crysala and her sister, Sylphide. They are arguing at the moment so your presence is needed so they don't manage to kill each other."

"I can do that. Am I being paid this time?"

"Only if your interference is required, as agreed."

"I'll see you there, your majesty."

He then walks out rather rudely. Dick.

"Let's get going, Daniel." Nora says softly.
---------------

I may be a vampire but that doesn't mean I like doing stuff like this at 1 in the morning. I prefer gaming.
It's your basic fae arena. Lots of bright flowers surrounding a circle with each opponent on one end of the circle.
Crysala is in leather armor wielding a spear, her sister wearing steel and wielding a sword and shield.
I pulled out my phone and started playing Fire Emblem. I get bored by these battles easily. Love the music that accompany it though. Can't replicate it, that's for sure.
The note that signals the start of the battle arrives, and the battle with it.
Clash, clash, struggle.
Then a sword stabs my phone.

"Pay attention as I kill your girlfriend." she growls.

Titanus stands up. He and I had a rule about if this happened.
This battle is mine now.

"Sylphide, are you sure you wish to fight Daniel Williams to first blood?"

"What?" Sylphide and Crysala both say, shocked.

"Your father and I both agreed if I was attacked in the midst of a duel, it was to be considered a challenge. Do you accept?"

"Yes."

I throw my broken phone down and stand where Crysala once was and unleash my arm blades with a flourish of my arms.

"Bring it."

A new tune begins to play.
I made it myself. It's extremely dark and played on violins.
I call it 'Hunter's Prey'.
Sylphide assumes her place, arrogant as ever.
I retract my blades, confusing everyone but Titanus.
He knows I'm going to explain to her what the fuck is up.
The note plays.
Let it begin.
She comes at me going for a quick finish, I grab her arm and twist it, making her drop the blade.

"How are you so strong?!" she gasps in pain.

I roundhouse kick her square in the chin, not drawing blood. I pull her back and throw her to the other side of the ring.
She rolls on the ground and tries to stand up. I dropkick her just as she gets steady.
The note plays indicating I've drawn blood.
Damn.

"Daniel. Your presence is no longer needed."

"I'll see you Friday Crysala, unless you'd rather not."

"No, come please."

"Thanks."

I take my leave.
---------------------

I borrowed the car for this date. I'm wearing a semi casual outfit. Black dress pants, dress shoes, and a white button up. I'm honestly nervous about this. I've been wanting to do this for awhile.
I arrive at the gate, and the gates open, and a squadron of fae soldiers come and wave weird shit over my car, then wave me through after ten minutes.
I roll my eyes and drive on.
When I arrive at the entrance to the garden, I step out and enter the garden.
I had brought some roses I had been growing ever since I met Crysala. She gave me the seeds as a joke.
They nearly died a few times. I think they can tell cause no one will look at them.
She's waiting for me at this arch of flowers.
She's breathtaking.
She's wearing this dress that seems to be made from petals of almost every flower ever. Her father is standing beside her.
When I reach her, I hand her the flowers.

"You grew these?" she asks.

"They almost died a few times."

"They smell of it. But there's also a bit of love within them as well."

"There better be, it's expensive getting one of those flower wizards to help out, especially when they refuse to touch it."

She laughs and offers her hand.
I take it in mine and nod at Titanus before departing with the Flower Princess.
--------------------------

That's the end of the story, and I mean it. You don't get to read about their first date, deal with it. I hope you enjoyed.

BBS Signature