00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Searching for C++ programmer.

464 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Searching for C++ programmer. 2014-08-14 14:10:44

Hello, my name is Julio.
I work with a small team called FalconDynamite founded by myself. We believe in making fun affordable games for everyone to enjoy and not have to worry about spending too much to have that fun accessible. That also means we don't cut on the quality as we want anyone who plays are games fo feel the heart and passion put into our games.
With that being said we're of course a small indie team and we've been working on a 2D platformer for almost three years. It's been a prototype for awhile but surprisingly enough we've got a lot of work finished on it and with the right help we might just see it finished by the end of the year. The name of our colorful little project is "Scrublys".
This is as of right now a project that is not solely for pay, if the prototype is released and successful (as in people like it and want to see a full game off it), then money might be thought out later, but what we mainly need is a consistent C++ programmer.
Now, we actually have a huge portion of the game done as I mentioned before. Having A finished storyboard, level descriptions, boss descriptions. We have about half the sprites finished and some background images. We have art tiles for the level editor, we have a finished level editor and have the physics engine finished. We also have the finished OST.

What we're mainly missing is for someone to put those two together and whenever necessary work on the last details (such as cutscenes, mirroring characters and the boss at the end as well as other stuff. From that being said, you can see there's not much left work to do now. So I look for someone who not only is interested on finishing these fine details, but to also consider working with us in the future to make more games. Of course you have a schedule of your own life and I won't take that away from you. The only thing I do ask for is to see weekly updates. Even if it's not a lot something is something. This project was mainly built on everyone's free time and slowly we reached where we are now.

I'd like to have you acquainted with the team and enjoying your stay, I understand if some of you wish to move on to your own life and own projects. Everyone moves on. So we will accept those programmers as well, we would just prefer someone who would be long term.

That's essentially what we've been looking for and I do look forward to hearing from you all soon.

Our Team

Me (Julio)- Writer/ Director/ voice actor/ level designer https://twitter.com/Falcon_Dynamite

Leslie- Sprite artist and background artist http://girldirtbiker.deviantart.com/art/Wonder-473569518

Nami- Tile artist

Noah-editor

Saad- Music Lead http://www.rs-launchpad.net/Audioworks.html

Jennifer- Secondary musician

We still keep in contact with the other programmers that were associated, but as they moved to other life duties they're reference for us now. So if whoever you are come in and are lost I can ask them to run you by everything so that you have a direction as they will probably help.

If you have further questions, just shoot me a message through this post or through private message.
Hope to hear from you guys soon!
-Julio