00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jibrail just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Music Technology course?

793 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Music Technology course? 2014-08-12 20:19:56

"Introduction to recording, editing, mixing and mastering MIDI and digital audio. Students who complete the course are eligible to take the Pro Tools 101 exam. "

What do you guys think about this. All I work on is actually producing music, but do you guys think this will be worth my time?

Response to Music Technology course? 2014-08-12 20:43:15

At 8/12/14 08:19 PM, Lethal-Input wrote: "Introduction to recording, editing, mixing and mastering MIDI and digital audio. Students who complete the course are eligible to take the Pro Tools 101 exam. "

What do you guys think about this. All I work on is actually producing music, but do you guys think this will be worth my time

Is it worth it to you?

Beauty to Adorn, Wisdom to Contrive, Strength to support 7/4.6

BBS Signature

Response to Music Technology course? 2014-08-13 01:00:14

Yo, Lethal. You seem to have been deliberating this a bit in the forum a while back if I remember right. This looks like something that you need to see the counselor and professor about. I took a quick look at the merit of having a Pro Tools certification, and I'm kind of on the fence about it. If it can help land you an internship, then I'd say go for it, but I just don't know how seriously they take stuff like that. If you really want to be something along the lines of an audio engineer, then make sure it fits in the degree.

For me, I've found that internship experience looks a lot better on a resume than most certifications.

Latest Track: Children of Saturn

BBS Signature

Response to Music Technology course? 2014-08-13 01:06:18

I'd give it a shot. Compare the pros and cons.

BBS Signature

Response to Music Technology course? 2014-08-13 02:10:36

these courses are a sham imo, i wouldn't bother.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Music Technology course? 2014-08-13 02:25:06

i took a few of those kind of courses.

pretty bullshit and waste of time.

you can learn all of that on your own without paying for crap

lel

BBS Signature