• 254 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Blacklawn
Blacklawn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread Aug. 12th, 2014 @ 05:21 PM Reply

At 8/12/14 04:56 PM, larrynachos wrote:
At 8/12/14 04:34 PM, MetalRenard wrote: Managed to turn my song around. I think the problem is that it didn't match how I was feeling so I couldn't continue to write it. Now I even have a first verse mapped out with lyrics. *_*

I hope you guys are all progressing well too.
Glad to see you're progressing! I'm making a risky move and experimenting with a whole new genre lol. Hope it doesn't cost me the contest! Good luck :D

I'll have to clear my mind and continue later. I really want this song to be the best I ever did, so I can't settle for any generic/weak melody.

JoshuaHughes
JoshuaHughes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread Aug. 12th, 2014 @ 06:25 PM Reply

How much judging should a judge judge if a good judge could judge a judge?

Latest Track: Children of Saturn

BBS Signature
Blacklawn
Blacklawn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread Aug. 12th, 2014 @ 06:49 PM Reply

At 8/12/14 06:25 PM, JoshuaHughes wrote: How much judging should a judge judge if a good judge could judge a judge?

Voltus
Voltus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread Aug. 12th, 2014 @ 07:25 PM Reply

At 8/12/14 06:49 PM, Blacklawn wrote:

pretty accurate I guess

Voltus' Soundcloud
Newest Track: You Know Nothing
If you want me to Review one of your pieces, just send me a PM ;)

TheDoor6
TheDoor6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread Aug. 12th, 2014 @ 09:58 PM Reply

At 8/12/14 02:36 PM, Lich wrote: Yay I'm through.

Quick question, I am writing up the idea and lyrical content for my entry at the moment. What is the most I can get away with in this competition in regards to how offensive/extreme the lyrics can get?

Thanks.

Sorry for the slow response. I've been traveling today. So, there are no established rules for this in the competition or in the AP as a whole (believe me - I checked), so, at the very least, you can curse all you want. That said, I'd be careful about insulting specific groups of people (religious, ethnic, racial, or otherwise) and discussing/encouraging illegal activities. If you want to write a hateful/angry song directed at a make-believe ex-girlfriend or something, though, I have no problems with that. ;) Just try to be aware of your audience (the AP community as well as the judges) and the purpose or message of your song as they'd perceive it. ;)

"Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead." ~Benjamin Franklin

This is why The Door holds no secrets, my friends.

BBS Signature
rainheart666787
rainheart666787
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread Aug. 13th, 2014 @ 02:25 AM Reply

Wow, cant believe I made it in! Thanks for the opportunity guys!

8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread Aug. 13th, 2014 @ 04:52 AM Reply

At 8/12/14 06:49 PM, Blacklawn wrote:
At 8/12/14 06:25 PM, JoshuaHughes wrote: How much judging should a judge judge if a good judge could judge a judge?

You forgot to carry the 1

lasse
lasse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Melancholy
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread Aug. 13th, 2014 @ 11:40 AM Reply

im not going to be able to work on the track for most of the days leading up until the due date so this might seem a bit schizophrenic and directionless

i dont care

enjoy

• Enrico Dandolo Blues
    Enrico Dandolo Blues by lasse

underdog contest

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Miscellaneous
    Popularity

BBS Signature
larrynachos
larrynachos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread Aug. 13th, 2014 @ 12:13 PM Reply

I'm really not comfortable with submitting this so early, but I'm afraid if I tamper with it anymore I'll ruin it.

• Elf's Epitaph
    Elf's Epitaph by larrynachos

My entry for the NGAUC

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Fusion
    Popularity

J̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶m̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶e̶v̶i̶t̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶N̶G̶A̶U̶C̶ ̶s̶i̶g̶n̶a̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶<̶3̶

BBS Signature
Blacklawn
Blacklawn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread Aug. 13th, 2014 @ 07:57 PM Reply

A particular transition is kicking my ass. I don't think I'll be submitting it anytime this week.

Lich
Lich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread Aug. 13th, 2014 @ 08:02 PM Reply

Trying to make something extremly hard-hitting and dancable at the same time while in a weirdo-sounding timing.
It's slowly forming. Probably one of my more technically-challenging pieces to date so far.

| Music | News | Favorites | - Audio Destruction, Evolving One Track At A Time!

BBS Signature
MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread Aug. 13th, 2014 @ 08:05 PM Reply

And I'm supposed to be writing a 3000 word master-level essay...

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
JoshuaHughes
JoshuaHughes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread Aug. 13th, 2014 @ 08:21 PM Reply

Will finally get some chill time for most of the rest of the week, so I'll probably start tomorrow. Hope everyone else who started is doing well.

Latest Track: Children of Saturn

BBS Signature
Sundans
Sundans
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread Aug. 13th, 2014 @ 08:40 PM Reply

The two submissions sound pretty good -- can't wait to throw mine in here in a few days.

[✖] Play a live show. | [✖] Sell music.
[✔] Sound design for games. | [✔] Produce an OST for film. | [✔] Get creepy fans. | [✔] Get awesome fans.
Moving up the ladder.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread Aug. 13th, 2014 @ 09:53 PM Reply

• This Is Not The End
    This Is Not The End by KatMaestro

NGAUC

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Cinematic
    Popularity

Going old school 90s on this.

TheDoor6
TheDoor6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread Aug. 13th, 2014 @ 10:50 PM Reply

@DjSkyFall
@xxxZigZagxxx

I know I owe you guys some reviews, but please wait a little longer. I promise I'll make them as detailed and helpful as I can, but now I need to prepare for some college visits/interviews I have tomorrow. I was planning on reviewing them tonight, too, but my flight into Boston got delayed because of bad weather. I will review them tomorrow. I promise. ;(

...and if I'm missing anyone else here who I promised reviews/score reports to, please let me know. Thank you! ^^

~Andrew

BBS Signature
DjAbbic
DjAbbic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread Aug. 14th, 2014 @ 02:37 AM Reply

At 8/13/14 10:50 PM, TheDoor6 wrote:
...and if I'm missing anyone else here who I promised reviews/score reports to, please let me know. Thank you! ^^

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to get one or not, but if I was, then it would be nice to have it :)

Good luck everyone.

New electro house/complextro song

I do not swear, smoke or drink alcohol. Oh sh*t! My cigarette just fell in my can of beer!

BBS Signature
xxxZigZagxxx
xxxZigZagxxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread Aug. 14th, 2014 @ 06:47 AM Reply

It's OK, you don't have to rush at all, it's just if you want to. I already got feedback from one of the judges which was extremely valuable.

BBS Signature
8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread Aug. 14th, 2014 @ 09:54 AM Reply

I haven't had any feedback as of yet.Just a few fans that say they like it. But I prefer to know what and why etc.

SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread Aug. 14th, 2014 @ 12:02 PM Reply

I can review whoever's submission for this, just PM me or something. :v

I'll probably be harsher than the other judges, but that's not to say I won't give reasoning for it.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
TheGoatee
TheGoatee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread Aug. 14th, 2014 @ 02:39 PM Reply

At 8/13/14 10:50 PM, TheDoor6 wrote:

~Andrew

Are you reviewing the Pro Amateur group? I only got a review from Bosa

Lich
Lich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread Aug. 14th, 2014 @ 04:31 PM Reply

Scrap my origonal plan of going for a slower and more hatred-infused Aggrotech track, i'ma going full-blown Symphonic Metal for this one (with both Slam Death & Black Metal influence of course). Just gotten the first 30 seconds of it done and it sounds awesome so far!

BBS Signature
larrynachos
larrynachos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread Aug. 14th, 2014 @ 04:36 PM Reply

At 8/14/14 04:31 PM, Lich wrote: Scrap my origonal plan of going for a slower and more hatred-infused Aggrotech track, i'ma going full-blown Symphonic Metal for this one (with both Slam Death & Black Metal influence of course). Just gotten the first 30 seconds of it done and it sounds awesome so far!

Sounds promising. I can't wait to hear it!

J̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶m̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶e̶v̶i̶t̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶N̶G̶A̶U̶C̶ ̶s̶i̶g̶n̶a̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶<̶3̶

BBS Signature
Lich
Lich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread Aug. 14th, 2014 @ 04:45 PM Reply

At 8/14/14 04:36 PM, larrynachos wrote:
At 8/14/14 04:31 PM, Lich wrote: Scrap my origonal plan of going for a slower and more hatred-infused Aggrotech track, i'ma going full-blown Symphonic Metal for this one (with both Slam Death & Black Metal influence of course). Just gotten the first 30 seconds of it done and it sounds awesome so far!
Sounds promising. I can't wait to hear it!

Thank you. Haha it's been awhile since I've touched Shreddage or SD2 for a proper Metal track so it's a little bit like a blast-in-the-past kind of thing for me to have some fun with. Helps my vocal-work is stronger than ever for this kind of challenge.

BBS Signature
BlueOceans
BlueOceans
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread Aug. 14th, 2014 @ 06:41 PM Reply

When I was listed in the all stars group in the last thread, I thought that meant I made it into the competitiion, lol. I have been forcing myself to work on a new song for the next round despite having no other motivation besides the compeition. I guess I will take break from the song now. Good luck to everyone who made it in!

TheDoor6
TheDoor6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread Aug. 14th, 2014 @ 07:39 PM Reply

@Djabbic
@8-bitheroes

Yeah, sorry. You see: there wasn't really any organized system for reviewing in the last round. I simply encouraged the judges to review the submissions they were scoring if they wanted to, but many didn't have time. I reviewed ALL of the submissions I scored (in Underdogs and All-Stars group), and @Troisnyx reviewed most of hers, but they were also only in All-Stars. Unfortunately, the Prof. Amateurs kind of got the short end of the stick on that one, but I'll make sure that changes for this round. ;) If you guys are lucky, I can review a few from the Prof. Amateurs before I leave for work tomorrow. ^^

~Andrew

BBS Signature
Stapless
Stapless
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Ofcl N.g.a.u.c Knock-out Rd. Thread 1 month ago Reply

may happiness be with you.

bassfiddlejones
bassfiddlejones
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician

Finally have a good working theme, and I really like where it's going. Surprised to see people turning in songs already - 7 days left to polish!

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician

I'm going to have to cut mine close, I can't finish the vocals until the end of next week. :(

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
TheGoatee
TheGoatee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician

Gypsy, African, Jazz, or Western.....hmm.......