00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Groggywench just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the new TMNT movie is bad?

3,046 Views | 54 Replies

the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 00:59:48

Like really?

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 01:01:52

Megan Fox ftw

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

Who walks away from a spider attack?

BBS Signature

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 01:02:49

nope.

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 01:04:34

The only part of it I've seen is from that trailer where Donatello farts in all of the other turtle's faces when they are stuck, brilliantly executed.

BBS Signature

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 01:06:05

If everything people said was bad was actually bad... This would be a fucked up world.

Watch it and judge for yourself.

I've loved plenty of movies/books/songs that people railed against.

NGMartial Arts Club Are you Man...

MUSIC | or a little, dying cosmic whore...

Speak with your actions, come from your core.

BBS Signature

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 01:19:54

I think it's overhyped. Not sure if it's bad, though. Never seen it.

BBS Signature

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 01:21:18

At 8/10/14 01:04 AM, DM692 wrote: The only part of it I've seen is from that trailer where Donatello farts in all of the other turtle's faces when they are stuck, brilliantly executed.

You clearly haven't seen the part where pizza. And then skateboardz.

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 01:29:58

im gonna see it after watching guardians of the galaxy so im hype

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 01:48:00

All I can say is, is that the turtles kind of look like Shrek. Their faces, I mean.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 02:03:31

It's directed by Michael Bay, the pinnacle of American filmmaking.

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 10:38:59

On RottenTomatoes, it currently has the lowest rating of any Ninja Turtles movie, even lower than Ninja Turtles III, which was thought to be the worst of them all. Oooh.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 11:48:05

i don't see myself watching it; love the ninja turtles, and this movie was not something that excited me.

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 12:09:04

At all I don't even like TMNT, but while I was watching Korra online on nickelodeon, I seen that TMNT trailer... Kinda boring, I seen 2 different. I still was bored. Because that graphics... Turtles Isn't realistic at all. So Dislike This Movie.

huh

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 12:11:37

Like, i checked my inbox on America Online and Rotten Tomatoes sent me that the movie is bad and i never seen it be4

"let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself" - FDR

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 12:13:15

At 8/10/14 12:09 PM, NerijusT wrote: Turtles Isn't realistic at all.

Have you seen an actual teenage mutant ninja turtle?

BBS Signature

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 12:22:45

At 8/10/14 12:13 PM, FinaLee wrote:
At 8/10/14 12:09 PM, NerijusT wrote: Turtles Isn't realistic at all.
Have you seen an actual teenage mutant ninja turtle?

Yep. The most I saw them in my school... But Take turtles from another turtle movie, and from this turtle movie. You gonna see the difference. That's what I'm talking about.

huh

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 12:24:40

Maybe I'l watch it... MAYBE....

huh

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 12:33:28

At 8/10/14 12:22 PM, NerijusT wrote:
Yep. The most I saw them in my school... But Take turtles from another turtle movie, and from this turtle movie. You gonna see the difference. That's what I'm talking about.

My opinion is that they all look pretty bad. The costumes might have been cool during their time, but the modern audience will probably find them pretty laughable. It's understandable, because I'm sure it's hard to pull off having a group of anthropomorphic turtles running around fighting bad guys look good in a live action film. I'm looking forward to seeing this movie, damn everything Rotten Tomatoes say.

BBS Signature

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 13:35:13

At 8/10/14 01:48 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: All I can say is, is that the turtles kind of look like Shrek. Their faces, I mean.

Well the concept for the turtles was actually derived from the popular fan based concepts . So can't blame Bay for that .

In the end of the day i am just happy that someone made another TMNT movie

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 14:17:06

At 8/10/14 01:35 PM, DjGubkafish wrote:
At 8/10/14 01:48 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: All I can say is, is that the turtles kind of look like Shrek. Their faces, I mean.
Well the concept for the turtles was actually derived from the popular fan based concepts . So can't blame Bay for that .

There's a teenage mutant ninja ogres fanfic?

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 14:37:39

It's actually hilarious if you don't care about the turtles not being actual characters and other small things like that.

Shredder is a samurai transformer with magic flying blades and smacks the turtles around like sacks of potatoes, Megan Fox's ass has its own scene, Splinter looks like he came straight out of the sequel to Ratatouille, and only one slice of pizza is consumed throughout the entirety of the movie.

10/10 would laugh uncontrollably throughout again.

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 14:45:57

I like how some critics warn against the use of nostalgia to make this film seem better than it is, and then turn around to suck off the old 90's TMNT films like they were any better at all, better comedy maybe, but other than that its a cheesy as fuck nostalgia fest. I never cared for those crap films, and I don't really care for this one either. Honestly the only TMNT film I've ever liked was the animated one from a few years back, that's how I best like the turtles anyway.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 14:52:35

Not seeing it either way.

BBS Signature

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 15:00:44

They gave Donatello glasses so the audience can tell he's supposed to be the smart one

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 15:14:02

At 8/10/14 02:03 AM, koopahermit wrote: It's directed by Michael Bay, the pinnacle of American filmmaking.

Bay was the producer not the director, there's a difference. A producer doesn't have a lot of control over the film.

Common sense isn't so common anymore

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Fanfiction Page

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 15:19:18

I hate the character designs, and non red head april O' neil.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 15:30:20

At 8/10/14 03:18 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 8/10/14 03:14 PM, LordJaric wrote:
At 8/10/14 02:03 AM, koopahermit wrote: It's directed by Michael Bay, the pinnacle of American filmmaking.
Bay was the producer not the director, there's a difference. A producer doesn't have a lot of control over the film.
What does a producer produce then?

"Film producers prepare and then supervise the making of a film before presenting the product to a financing entity or a film distributor"

Common sense isn't so common anymore

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Fanfiction Page

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 16:27:59

I boycott Michael Bay for the bullshit he's done to Transformers. I won't pay money for it.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 17:06:12

At 8/10/14 03:19 PM, sweet21 wrote: I hate the character designs, and non red head april O' neil.

Agreed. I saw some merchandise and the appearance of the characters showed Raphael making a stupid face as if making him out to be the funny one, when he is the most serious and biggest pesimistic dick of the lot, which was why he was awesome. Then it had Michelangelo making a stupid "derp" face as if turning him from the comedy "cool surfer dude" into a complete retard.

Just from the faces seen on the merchandise I can already know they fucked up the characters, I don't need to watch the film to further ruin my memories of them.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to the new TMNT movie is bad? 2014-08-10 17:49:28

Instead of watching this garbage just buy a second ticket for Guardians of the Galaxy.

The Ledge

BBS Signature