00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Losing your urge to eat?

1,429 Views | 26 Replies

Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-08 15:00:35

So There's a lot of distrust that comes with American food. People point at diabetic statistics, obesity rates, Monsanto and the controversy with GMO's...the chemically addled products that they pass off as edible, a sort of a paste or substance that they'll flavor to make it seem like something else completely.

Be it for weight loss reasons or health concerns, fear of developing diabetes, or a general distrust in shoddy food quality, have you found yourself losing the urge to eat? What do you do if thats the case?

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-08 15:01:18

Photosynthesis

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-08 15:05:45

At 8/8/14 03:03 PM, Amaranthus wrote: Such parody, much funny, so original.
Wow.

Yeah, I was thinking of doing a "Losing your urge to _____" parody thread, but as I thought about it, I came to a serious topic of discussion thats been on my mind a lot lately.

So...have you lost your urge to eat?

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-08 15:54:44

Dude, I smoke weed. I'm eating 24/7

BBS Signature

Response to Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-08 16:00:41

3100 calories a day or I lose weight. I actually go out of my way to find high calorie foods so I don't have to eat so much.

BBS Signature

Response to Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-08 21:35:23

At 8/8/14 03:00 PM, Phobotech wrote: So There's a lot of distrust that comes with American food. People point at diabetic statistics, obesity rates,

its called moderation

Monsanto and the controversy with GMO's...the chemically addled products that they pass off as edible, a sort of a paste or substance that they'll flavor to make it seem like something else completely.

understandable

Be it for weight loss reasons or health concerns, fear of developing diabetes, or a general distrust in shoddy food quality, have y

ok yes
ou found yourself losing the urge to eat? What do you do if thats the case?
eat less crap and eat more home cooked meals im also looking in taking up hunting and going out fish more as well as start growing my own vegetables and fruit.

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-08 23:07:32

At 8/8/14 11:02 PM, WahyahRanger wrote: I don't give a flying fuck about what I eat, we all die eventually.

Wow! What a great way of looking at things! You're already fat & retarded as hell, so it's not like it REALLY matters what you put in between your jaws, now does it?

I tend not to like eating alot of potato or rice anymore though. I can eat bread but something about those two starches is repulsive to me.

Your presence is repulsive to this forum, anyone who disagrees is either in denial or being nice.

I probably only eat two square meals a day which is pretty bad. If I need to eat fastfood I try to do Subway instead of McDonald's.

I thought it didn't matter to you what you eat?

Yadda yadda.

^^ How I feel about you existing

Response to Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-08 23:09:55

I barely eat proper meals as I tend to waste most of them every time, as for snacks I do tend to comfort eat, but then again I am crap at that also and barely have much unless its sweets or icecream or similar in which case I have too much and I feel sick.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-08 23:19:28

At 8/8/14 11:17 PM, WahyahRanger wrote: Another passer-by.

lmao

Response to Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-09 01:27:58

I have month long periods where I won't touch food, and then I'll have periods where I do nothing but eat.

BBS Signature

Response to Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-11 15:52:11

At 8/8/14 11:15 PM, SubliminalVirus wrote: ...plus the whole thing about being able to help grow food in poorer nations, but who actually gives a crap about that? btw do you have any idea how difficult it is to research a topic that is a conspiracy theorists wet dream?

I do. I live with a conspiracy theorists...and its his alarmism that lead me to peruse about GMO's and I get conflicting perspectives on the issue. It coincides with the conspiracy that they want to keep us fat and dumb, and it aligns with the idea that they're sacrificing quality and wholesomeness to increase profits by cutting costs. Recently, there's the link to the decline of the bee population, or the mass pollinator die-off to a natural insecticide thats found in GMO crops. Bottom line is, I don't know what to believe...on one end, you have alarmists and finger pointing, and on the other end, you have people like Neil Degrasse Tyson telling people to chill the fuck out, its not that big of a deal. I don't know.

For me, I've been losing my will to eat in an effort to lost weight. I've been so self concious about my weight, that I kinda got into the bad habit of eating one meal a day. I go to the gym often, I do lots of cardio and I time my mile runs...I'm trying to get faster. I'm 5'10 and I'm 284lbs, and my weight constantly fluctuates between 280-286. Its a stocky combination of muscle and fat.

Sometimes I'll be hungry in the morning and hungry late at night, and instead of eating snacks, I'll intentionally abstain from eating in an effort to watch my intake. I've become stingy with my portions...and its not the trust issues into the quality of my food, but its a genuine concern that I might be taking a step backwards and undoing gym progress by scarfing a meal down.

Thats the basis for me starting this thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-11 15:56:50

If I'm working a lot I find food sickening. I don't really get it.

BBS Signature

Response to Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-11 20:57:04

At 8/8/14 03:00 PM, Phobotech wrote: the controversy with GMO's...the chemically addled products that they pass off as edible, a sort of a paste or substance that they'll flavor to make it seem like something else completely.

The "controversy" is nothing more than manufactured bullshit made by people with too much time on their hands and not actual scientists.

I t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ know the GMO fear is manufactured nonsense sold by conspiracy theorists and bloggers for the sheepy public to fear everything.

Response to Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-11 21:04:26

I forget to eat occasionally but that's more of a flaw within myself

Response to Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-12 07:03:07

At 8/11/14 09:07 PM, WahyahRanger wrote:
That's all it is; gene modification. I don't see how that will harm you in any way. It's still the same fruit or vegetable you've always eaten, just slightly different.
At 8/11/14 08:57 PM, vannila-guerilla wrote:
I t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ know the GMO fear is manufactured nonsense sold by conspiracy theorists and bloggers for the sheepy public to fear everything.

That makes sense, and thats kinda reassuring. At the end of the day, I would trust the word of the majority and Neil Degrasse Tyson than a minor few who run blogs of extreme paranoia.

BBS Signature

Response to Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-12 07:08:24

Some days I'll just randomly feel not hungry and only eat a little bit for that day, but then the next day I'll go back to eating normally

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-12 21:34:11

I have had days where I didn't want to eat certain foods, but it doesn't last. I love to eat. I wish I could eat healthier food, that's stuff I never have the urge to eat, though I really need to.

BBS Signature

Response to Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-21 11:52:31

At 8/12/14 09:34 PM, Bremaine wrote: I have had days where I didn't want to eat certain foods, but it doesn't last. I love to eat. I wish I could eat healthier food, that's stuff I never have the urge to eat, though I really need to.

Would you attribute that to an addiction to junk food, or a lack of culinary experience? Like, have you never tried the healthier food that you don't have the urge to eat, or have you tried them once or twice and never returned to them?

BBS Signature

Response to Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-21 20:08:45

Isn't loss of appetite a symptom to various different diseases?

Response to Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-21 20:49:13

At 8/8/14 11:19 PM, VLONE wrote:

lmao

WahyahRanger's posts: (3,457)
VLONE's posts: (11)

I think it's clear at this point he's not a passerby, he's become somewhat of a regular. You on the other hand don't seem to play nicely with the other users in this forum. Maybe you should find someplace else.

Response to Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-22 01:43:36

At 8/11/14 03:52 PM, Phobotech wrote: I do. I live with a conspiracy theorists...and its his alarmism that lead me to peruse about GMO's and I get conflicting perspectives on the issue. It coincides with the conspiracy that they want to keep us fat and dumb, and it aligns with the idea that they're sacrificing quality and wholesomeness to increase profits by cutting costs. Recently, there's the link to the decline of the bee population, or the mass pollinator die-off to a natural insecticide thats found in GMO crops. Bottom line is, I don't know what to believe...on one end, you have alarmists and finger pointing, and on the other end, you have people like Neil Degrasse Tyson telling people to chill the fuck out, its not that big of a deal. I don't know.

Only idleness and lack of ambition will make an individual fat and dumb. That aside, GM food is a valid concern, we live in a capitalist world, of course giant food corporations will sacrifice some "wholesomeness" to maximize their profits including over producing crop that lasts longer than mother nature intends...but that is mostly a testament to how GM food is regulated, not the science itself. With that said anti-GMO views are often sensationalized by the hippie liberal crowd with minimal to no knowledge of molecular biology...the sentiment with the most merit is eating natural for the sake of "better being safe than sorry". Eat organic when you can (and when your budget allows) but know that most scientific evidence points to organic being marginally healthier at best.

More valid controversy lies in the usage of synthetic pesticides and fertilizers. Less of these chemicals will be necessary if plant defenses are genetically modified (upgraded)..unfortunately (and counterintuitive, to a certain degree) GM crop is commonly still treated with synthetic materials during their farm stages. Standalone, the GM process can be just as simple as injecting a viral vector containing the desired gene into a plant with a syringe, not far off from a human or animal receiving a vaccine- although if you're skeptical about non organic foods than you're probably skeptical about getting shots too.

One could argue that humans have no right to play God, sure, but at the end of the day, genetic modification occurs naturally throughout nature, just at an exponentially slower pace. In other words, organisms evolve...Artificial and natural selection have the same intended end result- selecting the desirable traits to improve the fitness of the respective organism.

BBS Signature

Response to Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-22 09:31:35

At 8/21/14 08:49 PM, Scarface wrote:
At 8/8/14 11:17 PM, WahyahRanger wrote:
WahyahRanger's posts: (3,457)
VLONE's posts: (11)
I think it's clear at this point he's not a passerby, he's become somewhat of a regular. You on the other hand don't seem to play nicely with the other users in this forum. Maybe you should find someplace else.

Man, VLONE is one hell of a grumpy fella.

What have you got against lots of us, VLONE?
I'd like to repeat Scarface's point that this place might not be for you.

Response to Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-22 12:24:27

lmao

Noice. Let's try with my main account, just another passer-by.

Response to Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-22 12:37:06

At 8/22/14 12:34 PM, WahyahRanger wrote:
At 8/22/14 12:24 PM, Makakaov wrote: Noice. Let's try with my main account, just another passer-by.
Wow, didn't think you were that pathetic of a troll. lol

'tis just tip of an iceberg.

Response to Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-22 12:38:19

As a teenager I'd eat all day and I'd eat whatever the fuck I wanted because my metabolism would burn off anything I put in my body. However, I am aware that this will not last forever, I still have this magical ability but I'm getting in the habit now of watching my calorie intake so that when my metabolism does slow down I'm already in the habit of cutting back.

So no, I'm not losing the urge to eat but rather I'm gaining the urge to watch what I eat.

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-26 02:48:05

At 8/21/14 08:08 PM, NGPulp wrote: Isn't loss of appetite a symptom to various different diseases?

No, no, no, don't you open that can of worms on me, Pulp. I've fallen prey to the paranoia of self diagnosing myself over the internet before, and I ain't gonna fall for that again. If I google "loss of appetite" I'm pretty sure I'm going to find several results for cancer and I ain't abiding to that fear mongering.

At 8/22/14 01:43 AM, S3C wrote:
Only idleness and lack of ambition will make an individual fat and dumb.

Man, this is still a solid post and a great read. Thanks for the contribution here, man.

BBS Signature

Response to Losing your urge to eat? 2014-08-26 08:33:03

Usually it's when my stomach feels ill. Then I vomit.

Seriously love the Miestas zeitgeist....

BBS Signature