00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Desperate!!!

2,027 Views | 25 Replies

Desperate!!! 2014-08-06 04:40:08

Hey everyone!
I really need some help with a series I am trying to do. I am wanting to bring my series of fan fiction to life into a web series online. It will be a crossover of Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z. I already have someone on the team helping out but he is the only one doing so. If anyone is willing to help out, I will post my like page and my email for to contact me with. Hope to hear from someone soon!
Facebook like page: https://www.facebook.com/ANewWorldANewHistory?ref_type=bookmark
Personal: AJoseph116@email.itt-tech.edu

Response to Desperate!!! 2014-08-06 04:48:51

At 8/6/14 04:46 AM, abbuw wrote: I don't think giving out your personal email is wise.

That is how people can get a hold of me if they don't have a facebook. I've already had that issue before, I know what I'm doing.

Response to Desperate!!! 2014-08-06 04:49:57

At 8/6/14 04:47 AM, Jojo55 wrote:
At 8/6/14 04:40 AM, TheAljnaz14 wrote: It will be a crossover of Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z.
Like this?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/116467

No, I wish everyone would stop thinking of this kind of crap, it's completely different. >.<

Response to Desperate!!! 2014-08-06 04:57:14

At 8/6/14 04:51 AM, Jojo55 wrote:
At 8/6/14 04:49 AM, TheAljnaz14 wrote: No, I wish everyone would stop thinking of this kind of crap, it's completely different. >.<
Then what's it about?

It's hard to explain but the gist of it goes like this. When the series starts it begins in the Alternate future with Future Trunks trying to survive the torment of the Androids. Goku and Chi-Chi not only have Gohan but they have a daughter named Gabriella. Trunks and Gabriella fall in love and get married and have a daughter by the name of Serena ( Sailor Moon). All of the Sailor Soldiers, Trunks and Gabriella go back in time to try to stop the Androids before all of the Z-fighters are dead. After the first story it goes through the GT story line in Dragon ball, parts of Sailor Moon S, Sailor Moon SuperS and Sailor Stars and some of my own plot-lines lines later on. Like the formation of Crystal Tokyo, Battle of the Gods from DBZ. (Bills is in it but only for a little bit).

Response to Desperate!!! 2014-08-06 05:11:39

At 8/6/14 05:06 AM, Jojo55 wrote:
At 8/6/14 04:57 AM, TheAljnaz14 wrote: It's hard to explain but the gist of it goes like this. When the series starts it begins in the Alternate future with Future Trunks trying to survive the torment of the Androids. Goku and Chi-Chi not only have Gohan but they have a daughter named Gabriella. Trunks and Gabriella fall in love and get married and have a daughter by the name of Serena ( Sailor Moon). All of the Sailor Soldiers, Trunks and Gabriella go back in time to try to stop the Androids before all of the Z-fighters are dead. After the first story it goes through the GT story line in Dragon ball, parts of Sailor Moon S, Sailor Moon SuperS and Sailor Stars and some of my own plot-lines lines later on. Like the formation of Crystal Tokyo, Battle of the Gods from DBZ. (Bills is in it but only for a little bit).
That sounds pretty cool I guess. I'm not familiar with the chronology of Sailor Moon though. Plus, GT is arguably not canon. But anyway, is this going to be an animation or a comic?

At the time when I wrote the second story, (the GT story line) I had no idea that it wasn't cannon. :p I hated writing that story most of the time and was annoyed when I found that out AFTER I freaking completed it! lol But anyway, I was hoping it could be a web series kind of thing. I already have all of my voice actor's lines, and I have someone helping out with the animation but it's been at standstill for a while now. I think some music is found as well.

Response to Desperate!!! 2014-08-06 05:15:21

Dude, I'm sure your story is cool.

I'm not trying to be insulting at all, so please don't think I am.

But unless there's something I missed here, wouldn't Goku be able to, like, explode the fucking shit out of every character in Sailor Moon combined with his little finger?

I really know very little about SM, so forgive my ignorance, but I never got the impression as a little kid watching it on TV that they were like "blow up fucking planets" strong..

Desperate!!!

NGMartial Arts Club Are you Man...

MUSIC | or a little, dying cosmic whore...

Speak with your actions, come from your core.

BBS Signature

Response to Desperate!!! 2014-08-06 05:22:36

At 8/6/14 05:15 AM, Lagerkapo wrote: Dude, I'm sure your story is cool.

I'm not trying to be insulting at all, so please don't think I am.

But unless there's something I missed here, wouldn't Goku be able to, like, explode the fucking shit out of every character in Sailor Moon combined with his little finger?

I really know very little about SM, so forgive my ignorance, but I never got the impression as a little kid watching it on TV that they were like "blow up fucking planets" strong..

In Sailor Moon there are some Sailor Soldiers that are very powerful and some that are only meant to be their for protection. A few examples as follows, Sailor Saturn is the goddess of destruction in a sense, if she chose to, she could blow up a whole planet and if I remember correctly she could also blow up much more than that with just one simple attack call. Another example would be Sailor Pluto, she is the guardian of time, she can control it as she wishes, stop it or reset it. For the Sailor Moon series though, if they used those destructive powers, they would die because of it unlike the DBZ guys. So yes a lot of them are powerful besides Sailor Moon herself.

Response to Desperate!!! 2014-08-06 05:25:39

At 8/6/14 05:23 AM, Jojo55 wrote:
At 8/6/14 05:15 AM, Lagerkapo wrote:
Dude, in his story Sailor Moon is the daughter of Goku's kid & Trunks. She would at least be able to blow up a small planet.

I'm actually a girl >.<

Response to Desperate!!! 2014-08-06 05:27:25

At 8/6/14 05:26 AM, Jojo55 wrote:
At 8/6/14 05:25 AM, TheAljnaz14 wrote: I'm actually a girl >.<
Sorry.

It's okay lol

Response to Desperate!!! 2014-08-06 05:51:31

At 8/6/14 05:25 AM, TheAljnaz14 wrote:
At 8/6/14 05:23 AM, Jojo55 wrote:
At 8/6/14 05:15 AM, Lagerkapo wrote:
Dude, in his story Sailor Moon is the daughter of Goku's kid & Trunks. She would at least be able to blow up a small planet.

I just simply did not even think of that.

Problem solved -.=

I'm actually a girl >.<

Well, as I recall it, the word "dude" originally came from rural folk referring to city folk, then became appropriated by youth/alternative culture and only thereafter adopted a masculine sense.

Now I will do my research to make sure I know what I'm talking about.

Okay, so Wikipedia says it mainly applies to males, and can apply to women.

And it did come from rural folk pointin' out city folk who "stuck out."

Also refers to someone who dresses up, or is "fashion forward."

I love substantiating my claims...

Also, I call my female friends bro sometimes because I like the incongruity, and it's an easy fallback word.

At 8/6/14 05:22 AM, TheAljnaz14 wrote: In Sailor Moon there are some Sailor Soldiers that are very powerful and some that are only meant to be their for protection. A few examples as follows, Sailor Saturn is the goddess of destruction in a sense, if she chose to, she could blow up a whole planet and if I remember correctly she could also blow up much more than that with just one simple attack call. Another example would be Sailor Pluto, she is the guardian of time, she can control it as she wishes, stop it or reset it. For the Sailor Moon series though, if they used those destructive powers, they would die because of it unlike the DBZ guys. So yes a lot of them are powerful besides Sailor Moon herself.

Okay. Now I know SM is more badass than I had figured.

Desperate!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Desperate!!! 2014-08-06 06:05:56

At 8/6/14 06:02 AM, Jojo55 wrote:
At 8/6/14 05:51 AM, Lagerkapo wrote: Well, as I recall it, the word "dude" originally came from rural folk referring to city folk, then became appropriated by youth/alternative culture and only thereafter adopted a masculine sense. …
She said that because I used the determiner "his".

I had noticed as such, however I had also said dude, and it seemed reasonable that, although your determiner was largely causal in her clarification, mine had also had an effect.

And I wanted to be right, which I was, and I will admit that it pleased me.

Desperate!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Desperate!!! 2014-08-06 06:22:19

At 8/6/14 06:07 AM, Jojo55 wrote:
At 8/6/14 06:04 AM, Jojo55 wrote:
At 8/6/14 06:02 AM, Jojo55 wrote: She said that because I used the determiner "his".
I mean pronoun.
Wait, that IS a determiner. Because it's followed by a noun...right?

//Off topic. Sorry.

CLarification is ALWAYS on topic, my friend.

Wikipedia determines that

"A determiner is a word, phrase or affix that occurs together with a noun or noun phrase and serves to express the reference of that noun or noun phrase in the context. That is, a determiner may indicate whether the noun is referring to a definite or indefinite element of a class, to a closer or more distant element, to an element belonging to a specified person or thing, to a particular number or quantity, etc. Common kinds of determiners include definite and indefinite articles (like the English the and a or an), demonstratives (this and that), possessive determiners (my and their), and quantifiers (many, few and several)."

In the context you used "his" it was a possessive determiner qualifying the noun "story."

Yes, it was a determiner.

Also the word "her" is interesting because it can be both a determiner and a pronoun. I love language.

Desperate!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Desperate!!! 2014-08-06 07:29:44

At 8/6/14 07:26 AM, Voltage wrote: you guys are talking about grammar in a chick's thread about a cross between DBZ and sailor moon!!

It's a guilty pleasure of mine.

someone get OP oney, egoraptor, and johnnyutah STAT!

Now see, I'm just not getting the reference, so you might have to explain it to me.

Desperate!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Desperate!!! 2014-08-06 07:38:08

Post it on FanFiction.net first to see if it takes off.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Desperate!!! 2014-08-06 07:40:25

At 8/6/14 07:36 AM, Voltage wrote: NG animator knowledge come now my NGer Brother.

The Master of DBZ fused together with the master of Sailor Moon. Come on. Johnnyutah will be able to make an American translation of this product which will definitely be nothing short of the quality of this fusion of two Eastern cartoons! COME ON MAN!

The OP is deserving! DON'T YOU SEE.

It all becomes clear to me now.

We have the technology, we can build it!

Now we just need barely-legal stimulants, a lot of beer and about $300,000 worth of ambiguous dental supplies.

BBS Signature

Response to Desperate!!! 2014-08-06 08:13:54

I don't think asking here'll do much help.

Response to Desperate!!! 2014-08-06 16:56:28

At 8/6/14 07:40 AM, Voltage wrote:
At 8/6/14 07:38 AM, Radaketor wrote: Post it on FanFiction.net first to see if it takes off.
Uhhhh are you kidding me? Of course it'll take off, it'll be a smash hit

I already have posted it on that website and it did take off thank you very much :P

Response to Desperate!!! 2014-08-06 22:38:02

You know, I might be able to help you, I'm pretty decent artist and have just entered the world of animation, and perhaps doing this with you guys I can learn more about it and hopefully this could actually become a reality.

Yeah I can picture this, sorry it's kind of suckish, I haven't draw anime in a while, plus their style is a little difficult lol

Desperate!!!

Hello I'm draw art and art acessories

BBS Signature

Response to Desperate!!! 2014-08-07 00:51:35

At 8/6/14 04:47 AM, Jojo55 wrote:
At 8/6/14 04:40 AM, TheAljnaz14 wrote: It will be a crossover of Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z.
Like this?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/116467

That's all we need. OP's idea is now worthless.

BBS Signature

Response to Desperate!!! 2014-08-07 01:30:33

At 8/6/14 10:38 PM, Sirbrickrock wrote: You know, I might be able to help you, I'm pretty decent artist and have just entered the world of animation, and perhaps doing this with you guys I can learn more about it and hopefully this could actually become a reality.

Yeah I can picture this, sorry it's kind of suckish, I haven't draw anime in a while, plus their style is a little difficult lol

It's actually better than I could have done :) Please message me at the facebook link and I'll tell you more :)

Response to Desperate!!! 2014-08-07 02:31:34

At 8/7/14 02:14 AM, Voltage wrote:
At 8/7/14 01:30 AM, TheAljnaz14 wrote: It's actually better than I could have done :) Please message me at the facebook link and I'll tell you more :)
careful, he's been banned from deviantart. that might make him an edgy artist, but maybe thats what you need in this.........

No that is not what I need, I didn't even know about him being kicked off.

Response to Desperate!!! 2014-08-07 11:55:28

At 8/7/14 02:31 AM, TheAljnaz14 wrote:
At 8/7/14 02:14 AM, Voltage wrote:
At 8/7/14 01:30 AM, TheAljnaz14 wrote: It's actually better than I could have done :) Please message me at the facebook link and I'll tell you more :)
careful, he's been banned from deviantart. that might make him an edgy artist, but maybe thats what you need in this.........
No that is not what I need, I didn't even know about him being kicked off.

I was banned for something I did several months ago, and I apologized and the staff just didn't give a shit about my apologies lol

Hello I'm draw art and art acessories

BBS Signature

Response to Desperate!!! 2014-08-07 18:57:27

I was banned for something I did several months ago, and I apologized and the staff just didn't give a shit about my apologies lol

message me on facebook

Response to Desperate!!! 2014-08-08 01:36:36

At 8/6/14 04:57 AM, TheAljnaz14 wrote: It's hard to explain but the gist of it goes like this. When the series starts it begins in the Alternate future with Future Trunks trying to survive the torment of the Androids. Goku and Chi-Chi not only have Gohan but they have a daughter named Gabriella...

My God this sounds fucking awful.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Desperate!!! 2014-08-08 02:57:19

At 8/8/14 01:36 AM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 8/6/14 04:57 AM, TheAljnaz14 wrote: It's hard to explain but the gist of it goes like this. When the series starts it begins in the Alternate future with Future Trunks trying to survive the torment of the Androids. Goku and Chi-Chi not only have Gohan but they have a daughter named Gabriella...
My God this sounds fucking awful.

:'(

Response to Desperate!!! 2014-08-08 03:30:52

1) Don't list your personal e-mail on the BBS. People can find more than you'd know. Do you *want* stalkers?

2) Instead of making a crossover fanfiction, why not make a completely original work? Or at the very least, if you're going to use existing stuff, make it a parody. A crossover parody might be fine but just don't take it too seriously if you do.

3) Mentioning that you're a girl combined with 1) above is a really bad idea. Just let everyone assume you're a dude unless you really want the attention.

Gotta hand it to you though. Thread title was accurate. But that's not a good thing.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here