00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How does my animation audio sound?

1,415 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hello!
I've put the audio together for an animation, and I am just wondering if the timing or volume for sound effects and music needs any work.
The audio sounds pretty good to me, I just wouldn't mind hearing second opinion to see if I can make it better.

Link to animation's audio.

Thanks in advance! :)

How does my animation audio sound?

BBS Signature

Response to How does my animation audio sound? 2014-08-06 09:07:34

I did hear a couple of clicks/pops after the clips that you could tidy up.

Response to How does my animation audio sound? 2014-08-06 09:42:44

the "wingulllll" sample clips heaps, so you can maybe delete it from the library lower the volume a bit and re-import it.

also sometimes lower bitrates = more clipping, so you can change the export quality of that particular file in the library (right click > Export settings > select "MP3" from the compression drop down menu) - just make sure you uncheck the "override sound settings" box when you export the movie file.

dat feel when you remember stuff about flash when you haven't touched it in like 5 years :v

p.s. i am gay

Response to How does my animation audio sound? 2014-08-06 21:30:33

I must have been listening to the Wingull voices at too low of a volume, now I can't help but notice the clipping.
I think I can get away with the first yell, but hopefully some export settings and volume adjustments should fix this issue.

Thanks for the help. :P

BBS Signature

Response to How does my animation audio sound? 2014-08-07 06:52:06

At 8/6/14 09:30 PM, Syrupmasterz wrote: I must have been listening to the Wingull voices at too low of a volume, now I can't help but notice the clipping.
I think I can get away with the first yell, but hopefully some export settings and volume adjustments should fix this issue.

Thanks for the help. :P

Do note, however, that you can't remove clipping in an audio file that is already clipped. Find the original audio file without the clipping and make sure to use that, without amplifying it to the point of it clipping again.

Also, for future reference, I think you should be posting this in the flash forum. This forum is for the creation and appreciation of audio, rather than the application of it to animations. Might need a forum mod to confirm this though.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to How does my animation audio sound? 2014-08-07 06:55:25

But surely Step we're the guys who know about this stuff? *shrugs*
The bubbles are clipping too by the way.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to How does my animation audio sound? 2014-08-07 07:22:52

I'll keep the suggestions in mind for next time.
The voice files aren't my voice though. I'll kindly ask the voice actor if he could try the Wingull voices again with different audio sensitivity settings. I enjoy the voice work, I just want the audio to not clip at high volumes. (Especially for people wearing headphones) :P

Thanks again for the suggestions. :)

BBS Signature

Response to How does my animation audio sound? 2014-08-07 08:03:50

Honestly it's refreshing to find someone who cares, so thank you. :)

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to How does my animation audio sound? 2014-08-07 20:04:26

Are there people who try to clip on purpose? :P

BBS Signature

Response to How does my animation audio sound? 2014-08-07 20:10:47

At 8/7/14 08:04 PM, Syrupmasterz wrote: Are there people who try to clip on purpose? :P

Doubt it o_O. If there are though, it's pretty easy. Just boost the master channel X3.

Just a random idiot